Guest Blogger Part Deux!

Since the Adventures of Being Me, keep Leiha so busy, she has graciously turned over her Sunday posts to Nancine and myself. OK, who are we kidding, she just wants more NAP TIME! LOL!! But we will indulge her anyway! DISCLAIMER: While the rest will entail some food and drink descriptions, I apologize for not having any pictures! I need to learn fast on how to put them up before Leiha kicks me off the guest spot!!!

This week I had the pleasure of dining with Pamela Clare, the author of Hard Evidence and Surrender (and others) while she was attending a journalism conference in Portland! Our original plan had been to have Nancy & Aimee down to join us, but due to circumstances out of their control, they were unable to, so I got her all to myself! Now where to go??? I love many of the restaurants in Portland and it is a great "foodie" city! So I narrowed down to a few favorites and let Pamela make the final choice! Between the combination of cuisine (Peruvian) that she had never had and my favorite cocktail, "The Sexy Woman", Andina was the winner!

While waiting for our table, we went to their wine cellar and both of us had the flight of 2 roses & a Gruet Sparkling from New Mexico! It was so fun to chat with her one on one and find out about writing, inspiration and the horrors of editing!

When we got up to our table, the Sexy Woman was the first order of business, It is a specialty cocktail made with their own habanero infused vodka, passionfruit puree and a little lime, served up in a sugar-rimmed martini glass! It is a sweet taste with a very spicy kick and absolutely delicious! Many of you out there who have visited me have tried this drink!!

We then ordered dinner which included, the special soup that blended so well everything from sweet potato and green bean purees to sauteed onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon for a great flavor! The Pamela had the Bistecca, Peruvian style steak with chimichurri sauce and a fresh corn tamale! I had the Causa Morada, which is a smoked trout mousse between layers of Peruvian purple potatoes with Avocado and olives! It is a gorgeous presentation (insert imaginative picture here)! Unfortunately we left no room for the trio of creme brulees!

What a wonderful opportunity to get to know Pamela better. Leiha & Su be ready for RWA. I think she's ready to Party! I really respect people who can achieve their dream goals! Good luck to her on her RITA nomination! It was fun to share more about the city I live in! Come back anytime Pamela! Lot's more to see & do! She did get to experience a weather variety!

I hope that you are all having a wonderful Father's Day! I need to get back to the kitchen for my family's dinner! See you in a couple of weeks!
Share on Google Plus

About sparkle

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

I have to tell you that my mouth started watering as soon as you mentioned the sexay woman! I love that drink! I crave that drink! I miss that drink! And the food at andina is wonderful too!

I'm so glad that you and Pamela were able to get together and have some one on one time. In Dallas we'll have her in our asian sammich!

Have fun with your family and remember, don't overdue it!

Chez said...

Awww I would have loved to go to dinner too. I'm so glad you and Nancy are posting here sometimes too. I love catching up with my blogs and living vicariously through you all. My exciting day consisted of painting the side of the house. Oh and chatting to Leiha (YaaaaaY)that was the good part, not the painting which reeks.

Rosie said...

Gosh, your food descriptions make me so hungry! That food sounded great! That cocktail was quite a combination - I'd never even think to try something like that. Glad you had a great time with PC. Too bad the fun was missed by Aims and Nancine!!

It sounds like you are steadily on the mend, which is great news!!

Have fun with the family today and don't forget next time to tell us what culinary creations you came up with for Father's Day. *G*

Hugs and smooches!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Dinner sounds like it was fabulous, although the drink doesn't sound like something I would care for. I SO wish I could have been there, I miss you and I really wanted to meet Pamela!
The consolation was getting to spend a teeny bit of time with Nancine on Saturday, she and her 'rents were here for a half hour or so.
Can't wait to see some pics girl!

Nes said...

Hey Lin(da), you can always guest blog at mine. LOL. I'll never kick you out. ;)

You got to meet Pammie! Lucky you. Dinner sounds fab and I wish I could have been there too. *pouts*

Have fun with your family! MWAH!

NancyB said...

I loved that Peruvian resturant. I was not brave enough to try the Sexy Lady... I just say no to habenjeros (sp?) but everything we had there was divine!
I am glad you and Pamela were still able to get together.
I stopped in to see Aimee while I was in Spokane... There was just enough time for me to deliver a small suprise for her and for her to load up my parents car with plants and books! I assure you it was not a fair trade... but I took those plants and made a run for it anyway. Now I will busy planting like a fool so I can post about my lovely new planters next week... stay tuned :)