naptus interuptus...

Shannon caled during my nap just to tell me we weren't going to work out, d'oh! So what could have been a nice long nap became a short one and I couldn't get back to sleep, bummer!

Dao and I went to lunch today, Vietnamese, as usual, LOL. I woke up early, after staying up late so I wasn't feeling it when she called so I turned her down and then of course, when I finally woke up all the way and realized I had no food I changed my mind, LOL. BTW, I stayed up late finishing up the latest Loretta Chase, I think the title is Almost a Lady and it's the last Carsington son. I really enjoyed it. Had some moment that really moved me and brought me to tears. My one complaint is I would have liked a moment between all of the brothers.

You are going to say make up your mind damn it but Su and I will now be going to RWA. That's the good news. The bad news is, we won't be making it to Australia this year:(. I looked at my finances and realized I would just be stretching myself too thin and worried about money while I was there instead of being able to enjoy the trip as much as I would like. OK, I would still have a great time there but it just wasn't the smartest move in the world to make. So now that I'm not saving for Australia I can afford Dallas and don't worry, I'm not going to change my mind again, Su and I bought our tickets today, woo hoo! Now I need to find out which authors will be there so I can stalk them. Last year my cam was broken, you know how painful that was for me. So many missed opportunities between me and my authors. Hmmmm, I think I need to buy a new memory chip, LOL. Now I need to read some of those books I snagged last year so I can talk to the authors about them. I want to read Bonnie Vanak, she was so cool and we got a booklet of hers and I just never got around to buying it and it looks hot, Linnea Sinclair, she used to post at RBL and she won a RITA for this book and CJ Barry, another RBL and totally sweet then I'll look at some of the other 50 books I have to read, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

How rude, a nap interrupted to say no sweat.... LOL

I really can't wait to try some vietnamese food, maybe Nancy can hook me up next time she comes over...

I had a whole day off finally, and the shop has slowed enough so I can read, here is my catch-up list for this 2 weeks that I got read-

The Harlequin (was there any doubt?)
All 5 of the Kim Harrison books about Rachel Morgan. I HATE the ending of the last one!
Lynn Viehl's newest, Night Lost; and Jaquilyn Frank's newest, Gabriel
I have Angela Knights newest, but not read yet... I can't wait until reading is all I have to do everyday LOL

I need a new paranormal series to read, the Sookie Sackhouse ones are not suitable for back to back reading! Heh!

I loved our short visit tonight chic, it felt like forever since the last time. I wish I could be there at RWA but I'm hoping a Savannah trip will be possible.
MWAH!

Chez said...

Waaaaaagggghhhhh you aren't coming to Australia. That's not fair, but I completely understand the money thing. Holidays spent worrying about dosh are not holidays. But you have to promise to come visit SOME TIME in the next decade OK.

Sorry about the nap, interrupted naps can mess with your entire karma (nodding madly).

Leiha said...

Nancy is a pro and can guide you along. I loved the Harlequin. You need to go to the LKH message board we have, I want to hear your input. I saw Gabriel at the store, what did you think of it? I almost picked it up but there are so many books I need to read right now (including the ones you sent me). It was great catching up with you too chick!

Chez, I meant to email you first and forgot, I'm sorry. Yes, Australia is still on my to do list and I will do it damn it! We will meet someday!

Bo said...

That's too bad about your trip to Aus.,but now you can tell us stories & share pics from RWA,so you're forgiven *G*

I know what you mean about the money thing.It just puts a damper on your whole trip if you are constantly calculating how much you can spend on this or that.Vacations are supposed to be relaxing! I drove home from the Vegas sleepover with just $15 leftover-that was scary,LOL.

sparkle said...

So now RWA? Can't keep up with you and Su! If you feel so compelled and my favorites are there, I would love their new books personalized!! Since I can't come due to my Mom's surg, ery!! So if you see Nora, Jayne Anne, Elizabeth Lowell or Linda Howard...Don't forget me!!!!!

Definitely count me in for Savannah! Selfishly I'm glad Australia is not a go this year, I want to go, but with my Mom's 2 surgeries and berry season, it would not have been possible!!!

Rosie said...

That's too bad about the Aussie trip, chick, but you guys are going to have a blast at RWA!! All those authors, all those books, so little time!

I enjoyed that last Chase book too. I have really enjoyed most of her stuff. I've never read the Bonnie Vanak, but see them all over the place. Maybe one day . . .

Now I'm craving Vietnamese food, darnit. And all I have for lunch today is tuna with tortillas. Mmm, not so yummy, but healthy.

Note to Aimee, try the new Lara Adrian series. The first two are out (I've only read the first and loved it). I think, if my memory is good, the first one is Kiss of Midnight.

Hugs and smooches!

Leiha said...

Yeah, when I'm on vacay I like to be able to spend money and actually feel like I'm on vacation. I spend money on vacation on things I won't normally spend things on, it's vacation! Hence 3 coach purses, LOL.

Yes, there will be stories and pics from RWA. I'm already making plans to meet up with my BFF.

LOL alright Linda, I have your requests duly noted. I hope Savanna works out too, and yes, I want you to be in Australia with us too!

It's a feast of authors and I love it! I will let you know about Bonnie's book after I've read it, I have high hopes. Yup, I love me the Vietnamese!

Sarah said...

Awww, I will so miss you not coming!!! I was so looking forward to it! Seriously! I totally understand the whole money thing though and ditto what Chez said, I think you should still put Aussie on the list, it is then just a hop and skip for me to come mooch over and come visit to!

Leiha said...

Sarah, I totally plan on getting your way one day! It's one of my dream vacations. Now I need to work on the money aspect, LOL. I was looking forward to seeing you too chick. But we will meet one day!

Jude said...

Have fun at National! I look forward to your posts about fangirl squeeing and picture taking at the literacy signing. :) I have added your blog to the blogroll for Blogging National.