I am a reality tv addict!

It is summertime which means not a lot of tv for me to watch. But I have been able to find a few gems. The guilty pleasure is Hell's Kitchen. Not quite the quality of Top Chef (battle of season 1 and season 2 top chefs is on tonight, woo hoo) but still fun to watch. I don't think the chef is a total dick, he's more along the lines of Simon on Amercan Idol. Of course he yells a lot more and the season premiere was chockful of tears but it was bad when the fat asian man was crying purely do to the pressure of being there. Has he not seen the show? I normally root for the women but they were bitches! It'll be interesting to see what happens, will they implode?

One of my favorite comedians is Kathy Griffin, she used to talk on my fave radio program all of the time in LA and I love how much she loves pop culture and makes fun of it. She says the things everyone else is thinking and some things we weren't. Her show My Life on the D List just started. Unfortunately, I do not have Bravo but fortunately they are showing it on bravo's website. She's a riot. http://video.bravotv.com/player/?id=103294 I hope that they air Top Chef online but I doubt it. I'll be going to Shannon's to watch it otherwise.

Shannon said tonight, I can't believe you love the cooking reality shows when I don't like to cook. I had to explain the fact that I love food, LOL.

This one is a short one. I went to bed so late last night I didn't get to get much reading in. I was going to read for a bit when I woke up but then I found out Kathy's show was online and there went my reading time.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Leiha, my summer TV is Ghost Hunters and Hex, so far anyway. I love the guys on Ghost Hunters. Hex hooked me with a hot guy for season one, and now I think they've let him go, but I'm in to the story now. Sheesh.

I'm also catching up on the Grey's Anatomy repeats on Lifetime. I didn't start watching until the end of last season, just in time to meet Denny. So it's nice to see the few episodes.

Chez said...

I watched Hells Kitchen just for Gordon Ramsey. His series Gordon Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares was great, but just couldn't like Hells Kitchen. I wanted to punch the lot of them.

Anonymous said...

Do you get the Oxygen Network? They are starting a reality series this tuesday called FIGHT GIRLS. You guessed it! It's about Girls doing Muay Thai and competing to go to Thailand!!!!!!! Yay! Finally TV I can relate to. I think all the girls are too pretty, but we'll see. Wish you were here so we could watch it together after class!

http://www.oxygen.com/fightgirls/

PS. It's based on a documentary that aired last year.

Rosie said...

Okay, since you're watching Hell's Kitchen, keep your eyes open in Episode 8. I think that's the one that you may catch a peek at me. LOL.

Let's see, this summer I'm watching Gene Simmons, Criss Angel, Hell's Kitchen, a new reality show on SciFi (can't remember the name) and I think they are going to be starting new Ghost Hunters so that one too.

I read that about Jericho, chick. That is so cool that they may do that for the fans. There was just too much left open for it to end just like that!

Sara, is this a new season of Hex that's on BBC America? I saw it listed, but haven't caught any episodes yet. I did watch last season and loved it!

Hugs and smooches!

sparkle said...

Leiha, I thought for sure you would be watching the Pirate reality show that is on tonight! I have not seen too much of Top Chef or Hells Kitchen even though I love the cooking shows. They must be on at different times!

I have not heard of Ghost Hunters or Hex? What & Where are they???

Leiha said...

No cable so no ghost hunters or hex for me, LOL. They pulled a bait and switch on you! How dare they, LOL!

Grey's wasn't that great this season, too much angst, you're watching it when it was in its prime. Hopefully they go back to that next season. I still haven't watched the season finale yet!

Never saw Kitchen Nightmares. Did you see the first ep? The cooks are ridiculous but its fun to watch.

Nes, you can't say anything, you watched the Pussycat Dolls, well so did I, LOL.

Chick, no cable for me. You'll have to let me know what you think of the show. Maybe you can try out for next season and kick their asses!

Rosie, I will totally be looking for you but I'm bummed that they didn't let you eat the food! What a rip! You know I love Family Jewels, one of these days I'll have to catch a marathon at a friends house. It's a done deal on Jericho, 7 new eps and more if the ratings are good enough!

Linda, I missed the first ep, I was on my cruise so I'm out of the pirate loop. I didn't even look for it tonight. Hells Kitchen prolly won't be your thing but you would love Top Chef. The new season starts next wed at 10pm on Bravo. Check it out.