I am craving...

that suno ice dessert from Friday. It's a good thing it take a half an hour to get there so I'm not going to go there regularly.

Yesterday I walked to Nordstrom's. I knew the supersale was dangerous and it was! The excellent news is I was able to find a new pair of New Balance walking shoes for $60! I didn't look at the shoes other then athletic ones, ok, I looked but I didn't look seriousely because I knew I didn't need anymore shoes! I also bought 3 casual dresses, ones I can just throw on when I am out running errands. I realized I needed more. So I had to buy some, another worthy purchase then I decided to pop into the lingerie section and there was a sale on spanx like tanks and decided I needed all of the extra help I could get, LOL. I had the salesladies put them all in the same bag so I could consolidate. A bad plan. My bag handle broke so I had to carry my purchases in my arms on the way home, what a pain! Good thing I was so happy with my purchases!

Franklin and I had plans to go to Swinging Dick's last night but he ended up working an exhausting 12 hour day at work so no man meat for me:( Instead I went to Shannon's to hang with them.

I also read the sequel to Linda Howard's Raintree Inferno, written by Linda Winstead Jones, can't remember the name but I really enjoyed it. I was worried since I had never read any of her books but it was fun and am looking forward to the final installment in this series.

By popular demand, here is the recipe for my cucumber salad, a summer staple!

Rinse, Peel if necessary, and thinly slice 1 English cucumber. I use regular or pickling cucumbers.

In a bowl mix a cucumber with 1 teaspoon of salt, let stand for 45 minutes. Rinse and drain; squeeze excess liquid from the cucumber and returned to the rinsed bowl

Add
2 tablespoons white vinegar

1 tablespoon of sesame oil

1 tablespoon of sugar

salt & pepper to taste (I don't salt because it still has a salty taste from the earlier salt)

1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seed for garnish

I like to toss in red onion and sometimes I'll add some cilantro. A great summer salad perfect forBBQs. Actually I made it for Thanksgiving too because it is light enough to balance the heaviness of everything else. The dressing is also great for a steak salad.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Brenda said...

The cucumber salad is delish. I'll make that this week along with your shrimp salad recipe. And you say you don't cook?
Chuck & DH love the Pho & Bun. Almost sounds dirty, hunh? hehehe
We'll be trying the Vietnamese Cafe next time we get your way. And of course, we'll have to go to Suno's. That was light & yummy.
The calamrari was a success,too! Yay! Next time, I'll know to get more squid.
I'm sorry you didn't get to go to S.D.'s this weekend. A 12 hour shift is killer; I can understand why Franklin couldn't make it.
So, when do we get to see pictures of your purchases?

Nes said...

I made the cucumber salad yesterday. LOL! And used red onions like you did when you were here as garnishing.

I love it! It's a great snack.

Good job on the dresses! Chick, Swinging Dicks, AGAIN? LOL!! Bummer it didn't push through....

sparkle said...

Now to only get to the store! I hear cucumbers calling!! I want to see the pics of your purchases as well! Since this sale I'm living vicariously through you!!

Have to get my strength up for Aimee and PC!!

Leiha said...

How did the artichokes turn out BAM? I hope you and Charlie liked them. I totally have to take your fam to Com, the Vietnamese Grill on Buford, btw, I noticed they are opening a Ryan's on Buford, danger will robinson!

I want to hear more about the calimari! Did you take a pic? Did Charlie eat it too? I'm so happy it turned out well. Did you make an aioli for it?

I will work on taking pics tomorrow, I can't let my mannions down.

Nes, I have been eating the salad twice a day, it's so refreshing and tasty. As for SD, it's like you going to the tennis club, it's a social thing for me, LMAO!

Is Aimee going to be able to make it? I hope so. by dresses are totally casual throw on dresses but they'll be perfect for the summer.

Brenda said...

I didn't care for the artichoke, but Charli liked it so I'll make it again.
It was pretty funny trying to figure out how to slice the calamari for cooking since I couldn't do the rings like you get in the restaurant. Charli & Brian snorked them up. I only managed to snag 2 strips before they were gone. (I have another squid hidden in the freezer.) I didn't think to take a pic, but I will next time. Maybe I'll do a step-by-step so you can laugh at me.

A new Ryan's? You'll have to make sure you go to the Grand Opening! I bet they'll have steak that day. I do think they have steak every Sunday for brunch. You'll have to check it out and let me know. ;o)

Why am I always talking about food???? Eh. No matter. I can always talk about sex. LOL!

Leiha said...

You didn't like the artichoke? I guess it's not for everyone. I'm glad Charlie enjoyed it. You only made one of the squid? No wonder you only got a couple of pieces, LOL. I love how you ferret things away. I definitely want pics next time!

If I find out when the grand opening is I will definitely have to go! The steak was pretty dang good!

You're always talking about food because I am, LOL. But feel free to talk sex if you would like too, you have a rapt audience here!