Heavy news...

Hi Ho Everybody - This is your friendly guest blogger Nancy (or Nancine depending on the day).You know I have been going against my nature and going to the gym. I have worked up to 40 minutes of cardio a day (6 days a week)- I do just under a 10 minute mile. Yeah - me, who would have guessed?? I do weights every other day, and one day a week my trainer lets his masochistic tendancies loose on me. After he tortures me he'll asked "Are you ok?" He is a sick, sick man... And Yeah - I like him.

Today I got on the special "trainer" scale and (insert drumroll here) I have lost 20 pounds since the first of May. (and all you healthy girls, don't worry - it is evening out to about 2 lbs a week now) It was a relief, because I haven't really seen a difference in my clothes. I guess that would mean all the clothes I was wearing were to tight! LOL, I of course now notice that they fit better, they don't lie, your mind is your most important organ.

My feet are healing up from all my new shoes, I am so excited because I can't wait to wear my new Anne Klein's... I think in honor of my new shoes I will get a pedicure this week. I don't want Leiha accusing me of having ugly feet.

My schedule has been so wacky at Borders lately. This week I only work Friday night (and I have Saturday off because I will be in Spokane) so I have decided in honor of not working I will cook tomorrow. I haven't decided what yet. If the weather stays cool I think I will make my Chicken Taco Chili - it is super easy, low in calories and high in protein. If it warms up (keep your fingers crossed) I don't know what I will make. I might attempt to make the mango avacado salsa I made with Linda... unless someone else has a healthy, yummie summer specialty??? I would love any suggestons - trust me I need all the help in the kitchen I can get!
Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

Awesome news on the weight Nancy! I'm so proud of you! I can't believe you didn't notice it in your clothes, guess you were squeezing into those suckers, LOL. You are kicking ass on the workout, very cool! Arturo sounds perfect for you.

Yeah, get a pedi, I've seen your feet! You should do a before and after for the blog, LMAO!

I hope your feet heal so you can wear your fun new shoes.

As for recipes, why don't you try to make bun at home? It's super simple and tastes wonderful. Artichokes are in season right now and you enjoy eating them, just don't use the butter, use a light dressing to dip it in.

Can't wait to see the new kickas you!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO Nanner! AWESOME news girlfriend! I know you have been working so hard and you are seeing FAB results! Keep up the hard work girlie & give Arturo a sloppy kiss for me for taking such good care of you!

As far as suggestions for food--why don't you marinade & grill out some salmon--easy & healthy! Email me if you want the directions. I just saw on the The Next Food Network Star where they grilled some cantalope--looked interesting and yummy!

Love, Mich "-)

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Congratulation, girl!! You rock!! I am soooooo pround of you!!! Losing 2 pounds a week is just perfect!! I wish I had your determination and drive!!

The shoes are fabulous! Hope your feet get to feeling good soon!

If you are craving pasta, get the whole grain/low carb pasta swirls and make and artichoke pasta salad with chopped tomatoes, peppers, and broiled portabella mushrooms. Dress it with low carb dressing. It's fairly quick and easy.

Keep up the good work!

NancyB said...

Thanks guys - You all have such yummie ideas. Leiah -- you know you will have to tell me what kind of noodles to buy to make bun, or I could just run down to the local Pho shop and have them make it for me. I also am "storing" Lindas asparagras cooker I could use to cook an artichoke, mmmm, just a little leary about the no butter part LOL.
Mich, I dont have a grill. I will email you later to see if there is another way to cook the fish. I like the idea of salmon, and I think I like cod a lot also. Thanks for the offer to help since you know I will need it!
Su - whole wheat pasta sounds so good. I am going to write all these ideas down because for you all they are easy -- for me I just havent cooked enough to even think it up... if it doesnt come frozen or in a box I am up a creek lol.
Great, now I am hungry!

Rosie said...

First off, CONGRATULATIONS, NANCY!!! That's totally awesome news. You are doing a great job chick, and should be totally proud of yourself. I'm proud of ya!

I hope you can wear your new shoes soon. They are so cute!!

You'll have to tell us the mango avocado salsa recipe. That sounds yummy. I bought some mango/pineapple salsa that was quite tasty. I love the little bit of sweetness with the kick of the spices.

I can't believe it's still cool enough there to make chili. I hope it warms up for you soon.

Hugs and smooches!

Anonymous said...

For Artichokes try dipping in the following:

olive oil & vinegar or a balsamic vinagrette dressing
tsaziki - cucumber yogurt dressing
lowfat mayo and or yogurt mixed with curry
guacamole

Olive oil is a good fat

The tsaziki very low call and has garlic which is good.

The curry is great for your heart.

Leiha said...

Mich, I can't believe you post to Nancy when you haven't posted in ages, it's a good thing I know your love for me is strong, LOL and Nancy certainnly deserves the kudos!

Hey Steff! Great to see you too.

Nance, Trader Joe's sells tsaziki.

sparkle said...

Nancine! Great job! I am very proud of you! Now that you are seeing success that will fuel your effort!!!

I think it's time for you to get a small gas grill! If you don't have one already!! I really like the Weber Baby Q (Mine is it's bigger bro, the Weber Q) Easier to cook on workdays than waiting for charcoal!!

There are so many recipes that you can make low fat because of the delicious marinades, salsas (like the mango, avocado one) and dressings!

In fact, Go out and get this publication that I just got at Fred Meyer in the Magazine section! I get the monthly mag. It is "Cuisine at Home"! You need: Cuisine at Home, Weeknight Grilling - Dinners from grill to table in 30 min. $9.99

Just reading through it made me ready to start cooking again! I have made a few of them as they were in the monthly mag. Always come out great and simple to put together! They have complimentary sides/vegetables as well. Also, they have the calories and percentages of fat, protein etc.!!!

Do I see shopping in our future???

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the working out Nancy! Very excited for you on the weight loss too! I'm jealous. LOL

And... what are you doing in Spokane??? Anything exciting? I live right across the border in Coeur d' Alene, ID so I need to know if there is something cool happening. I always miss the good stuff until someone says how much fun they already had... that doesn't help me much.

Chez said...

Wow you are making me tired just reading about your exercise regime. Superb job on the weight loss and one of the nicest recipes I remember from Weight watchers was to make a marinade of honey and seeded mustard to put over chicken breasts under the griller. It's gorgeous and I still do it occasionally (although the kids complain as it is a more adult taste and "hey mum, they're not nuggets").

Nes said...

Nance, that is so fooking great!!!!!!!! WOW!!! Chick, you're gonna look so fab! You already do, but dayum!! You'll be twisting the men around your little finger soon.

I'm so proud of you hon. *claps*

And to MICH! HRUMPH@!!!!! :P