This and that...

Sunday I decided I needed a new light fixture in my living room. The lamps I have are cute but don't cast off enough light (black shade, I wonder why?) and they take up a lot of space on my little end tables so if I'm using a big water bottle there's no room because of the lampshade. So off I went to IKEA. I wanted a hanging lamp because I have a hook over the table from when I had a hanging plant that unfortunately bit the dust relatively quickly, LOL. So I might as well utilize the hook I shoved into the ceiling. This is the lamp I decided to get.It was between this and another lamp but I thought this would give me plenty of light. You know I love IKEA but I hate putting their shit together. Yes, the lamp had to be put together and it wasn't til I got it all put together and hung that I found out one of the light fixtures didn't work. It was actually too long for the space I wanted to use it in but would have kept it cause I'm lazy if the fixture worked, well it did keep blowing my outlet but that could have been cause of the broken fixture, LOL. It took me a few more hours to be motivated enough to go back to IKEA! I know, twice in one day was amazing! I did take a nap first and a couple of hours after my nap I dragged my ass back. So I went with choice #2. Which looks better and was cheaper! The worst part was I had to put it together! I had to snap in each of those leaves and it took me awhile to figure it out but damn it, I did! So now I have much more light in my living room so I'm happy and I got the Franklin gay seal of approval.

Sat night I noticed a big old stain in my ceiling. I was like, did I just not notice it? Of course not! I had been hearing a drip but couldn't find it, that would be because it's in my ceiling and nothing was hitting the floor. So Sun I go ask my neighbors if they recently had a leak or do they have one now? They weren't in but their housekeeper was and we didn't see anything so I called the landlord and he didn't answer. I left him a message. When I came back from IKEA (the first time) the housekeeper came over and said he was looking around and it looked like the leak was from their a/c and the owner would look at it and get back with me. He doesn't. So on Mon I email my landlord and tell him the stain is growing and I'm worried about rot. It smells totally musty in my place, ugh! He finally calls me back, he didn't call me on Sunday because he said it's Sunday afternoon what could I do? This is why I called the plumber myself! What a jackoff! Anyway, he said he was handling it, calling the upstairs landlord (I live in condos so they're owned by different people) and the condo board, etc. Good, I wasn't planning on doing shit. Finally they had someone in today to fix the a/c and this stain is now about 4 feet across and 2 feet wide on my ceiling and looks gross. Now we have to wait for it to dry out before they can paint it. Let's hope the ceiling didn't rot. There are parts that bubbled but hey, I told the landlord about it.

BTW, the Nordstrom's semi-annual sale for women and children begins tomorrow (Wed). Even though I'm poor I'm totally going, LOL.

Rosie, rumor has it that CBS will be bringing back Jericho for 8 eps mid-season to wrap everything up, the fan outcry was so vocal so that's cool for fans of the show.

I decided I can't let Nancy show me up with all of her working out and crap. That and the fact I totally pigged out on my cruise (was there any doubt that was going to happen?) meant I have to start getting off of my lazy ass. Yesterday I went walking. The good news is, my joints are fine, I wore different shoes and no hip problems, the bad news is, I wore short shorts and my thighs totally chafed! I was trying to work on my tan while walking, I guess I'll just work on the upper body tan, LOL. And today I went to workout with my neighbor Shannon! It was rough, neither of us wanted to go but we made ourselves go which is a good thing we did.

While there, working up a sweat Shannon was reading the paper and asked me what vampire books I read and I look over and I see there's a story on LKH. I was like oh yeah, I read her and her new one is coming out this week. Then she says she's at Barnes and Noble and I was like yeah, she's huge, she'll be sold everywhere. Duh, no, she's doing a signing at BN! What?!?! I had no idea! The signing started at 6pm and it was 8:15pm when I found out about it. Shannon drove and I didn't have my purse so I couldn't even leave. By the time I got home it was after 9pm but I decided to call the bookstore to see if she was still there, I know she has a large following and she was! The guy told me to hurry so in my sweaty clothes (you know I sweat) I rushed off. Now I enjoy LKH's books but Nancy loves them which is the only reason why I rushed out the door. I am a little irritated with the guy I talked to on the phone since he had me rush and there were still plenty of people waiting to get their books signed. Oh well, at least I got my books. I talked to the people in front of me and turns out there are a lot of authors that they have not read, including KMM! So I wrote down a ton of authors for them to try. I am bummed I missed her talk but she was really sweet and I told her a Nancy fan story that had her laughing. Of course I had to get a picture of us. I took out my pony tail while in line and put on some lipstick but I was still sweaty. I told her not to touch me, I didn't want to gross her out, LOL. She wears shades if you take pics with the flash and since I'm all about getting the best quality possible I went with the flash, LOL. It was a thrill to meet LKH and so totally unexpected it made it even more fun. It's already late but you know I have to at least read a couple of chapters before I go to bed, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Chic, I am so jealous! (and not of the light fixtures or working out either LOL!)

You got to meet LKH! That is beyond COOL! I SO hope I get a chance one of these days, but I'm trying to figure out if going to Portland is going to happen. Despite my best intentions, it's still up in the air.

I'm glad you & Su had a good time on your cruise, I can't wait to catch up with you!

Brenda said...

Crap! I can't BELIEVE I missed LKH! I haven't been able to surf as much as I used to; work keeps getting in the way. LOL!
I love your light fixture. I liked the first one you got, but it looks like the second one gives out more light. And with the 'Franklin Seal of Approval', you know you didn't go wrong. ;o)

Joanie said...

Hey, glad you girls had a great time on the cruise. Not that you two could have anything less!

Cool as that you got to meet LKH.
I like both light fixtures and am impressed that you put number two together, I hate putting Ikea stuff together!

Good job chica!

J xx

sparkle said...

I'm proud of you! IKEA, twice in one day and 2 light construction projects??? I like the second better!!

I love when you spontaneously find out something and get to do it! Someday I might even read LKH!!! It was through improptu drive to an author signing that allowed me to meet all of you Rebels!!!

Leiha said...

I heard you were trying to make it Portland. I hope that you can make it, I know how much you want to see PC.

LOL, we need to be more aware of what authors are going through this little burg. I'm actually more happy with the second one it takes up much less space and looks good in the corner I have it in (next to your red chair:).

LOL, I think Su and I would make the most of jury duty together. Yeah, the IKEA shit gives me a headache but then I'm happy once it's put together.

You know how difficult it was for me to go back to IKEA on the same day but I knew if I waited it would be a week or two before I was motivated enough to do it. I did have fun at the signing just talking to people in line, shy girl that I am, LOL.

Nes said...

LKH wears sunnies because of the flash? I think she's getting too much into her characters. LOL. Glad you get to meet her though, although, I don't read any of her books.

I love IKEA and I never have any problems with putting that shit together. Heh. I look at it the manual and it all falls into place. However I do get worried when I have extra screws and such left, then I'd check again to make sure I didn't forget anything. LOL.

Hey, good for you to go out for a walk like that. And good to hear that nothing ached or anything, old lady. :P

Bummer you're not online right now... but I'm sure I'll catch you later.

MWAH!

NancyB said...

You aare the best friend ever! This goes above and beyond - you are excused from one workout because of this! I am only jealous you met her and I didnt. Somehow I will get over it *G* Probably when my book gets here!
Thanks CoCo!

Sarah said...

That is so cool and you know I am so jealous! You MUST tell me what the book is like, another week before it makes its way down here. Can't wait!! Gorgeous photo, a very groovy one to add to your celeb collection chick!

Rosie said...

Okay, I'm green with envy!!! You're a lucky girl to meet the one and only LKH. She was here doing a library speaking thingy, but I never made it to see her. But I just saw that Sherry Kenyon is going to be in Vegas sometime in August. Woot!!

I like both of the lights, but the second one is my favorite. Sucks to have to put them together though.

Hugs!!

Leiha said...

I think she has an eye problem miss cynical! As for the IKEA furniture, what a pain in the ass and you know it! I noticed they do throw in extra pieces to just totally screw with your mind, LOL.

I'm glad we caught up chick, it was much too long!

You are the most spoiled Doggen ever! It's a good thing you know it and appreciate it, LOL.

Sarah, so far I'm totally enthralled. Not any sex yet and I'm pretty far in for that to not have happened but I'm still hooked. I don't know if it's a gorgeous pic but at least it's not as bad as I thought it would be, you should have seen me primping while standing in line and a line of sweat down my back, LOL.

I knew you wanted to go to that LKH signing bummer it didn't work out. You have to meet Sherri, she is the sweetest thing ever!

Chez said...

You met LKH you lucky little thing. I would have bowed down to her whateverness. Love her books like Galliano over ice with those other creamy things that make it into a cocktail. I read her blog and keep wanting her to give out spoilers, but she never really does.