Mindless movies

I have to say the movies I can watch over and over are the mindless action movies that TBS airs all of the time. Today alone they had on The Mummy, which never gets old, pure entertainment, Charlie's Angels, girl power and Bady Boys, I love the buddy movies! I also love the Lethal Weapon movies, if Mel made movies like that I would watch. Of course, as much as I love these movies not all of them should have had sequels. Charlies Angels 2, awful, Bad Boys 2, horrid, now the Mummy 2, that was still excellent. They kept the fun and excitement as well as still having a decent story. I thought the Lethal Weapon sequels were fun too (although, could have done with less Joe Pesci).

I don't go to the movies often but a good action flick is always fun to see. It's even more fun to see from the comfort of my own home, LOL. I honestly can't remember the last good action flick I saw in the theater. In fact, I can't think of the last good movie I saw in the theater, which could be why I never go anymore. Dao has mentioned going to the movies a couple of times but I honestly haven't seen anything that I have been interested in seeing. I'm not high brow in my entertainment but I want something that I enjoy and that is done well, is that too much to ask? Guess it is, which is why I watch my movies at home on the tv, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

There are times I can sit in front of TBS myself and just watch their movies. Although I really hate commercials. I loved The Mummy 1 and 2, and also the Lethal Weapons. I agree, though, that most movies should never had been made into sequals. It's been so long since I went to the movies. But it seems like they come out onto DVD so soon, it's not even worth it anymore.

NancyB said...

Dont worry Leiah, I just found out they are making a movie that we will want to run out and see... Yes they are finaly making a full length movie of the Fragles. I still get the Fragle Rock song stuck in my head 20 years after it was on the air. OK - so WE may not rush out to see it, but I will :)

Reel Fanatic said...

I too enjoy the mindless fare on TBS .. My favorite thing is that they seem to show "O Brother Where Art Thou" at least three times a week

Joanie said...

I don't mind action movies of the Die Hard kinda thing. But I'm really not good with war movies (except Platoon) and really violent scenes. I tend to cover my eyes and flinch...pathetic I know.

Hardly ever go to the movies, but I am going to see the Hollywood remake of a HK blockbuster called Infernal Affairs. I'm not sure what the H'wood version is called, but it's got Leonardo and Jack Nicholson in it. Friends have told me its great.

Oh, and Leiha KMM does have a Porsche. It's a 911, but I'm not sure if it's a 996 or 997. I saw it through the windscreen of the RBL van in the pics you posted.
If she lets you drive it, do! J xx

Anonymous said...

One movie I want to see is Jet Li's Fearless. Supposedly his last action movie, but that will remain to be seen.

Leiha said...

Rosie and with 2 boys I'm sure when you do go to the movies you don't get to choose, good thing you're a teenage boy inside, LOL.

Have fun at the movies by yourself Nancy! I do love the theme song though. I will sing it with you, LOL.

Reel fanatic, that is a movie I have not seen. Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for it since I now have TBS. Welcome to my blog!

Joanie, the older I get, the less I like war movies and shoot em up kill em type movies. As for letting me driver he car, she's trying to make me, I'm resisting for as long as I can!

I'm sure that will be his last action movie until his next action movie, LOL. I saw Heroes and while I love a good action movie I still need a HEA. You'll have to let me know Karen about that cause I do love the kung fu movies!

Joanie said...

Leiha, I was flicking through the channels and Black Hawk Down had just started. I thought of you and then thought "Harden Up! It's only a movie"

Big Mistake. I almost gave up when the man fell out of the helicopter, but I stuck with it.

Then the convoy of Hummers left and someone got blown up by something and bits flew EVERYWHERE and then the man on the top of the Hummer shooting the gun got shot in the head and I called it a night.

Sorry, I tried...J xx

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I love movies! Mostly the kind with special effects LOL
X-Men, The Mummy's, ect. But I love good war type movies too, but only if they are REALLY good, like Sum of All Fears, Hunt for Red October, We were Soldiers, and U571 come to mind, For humor I loved The Wedding Singer, Bad Boys, Starsky & Hutch (Iknow I know it was WAY corny, but I LMAO the same)
Last movies I saw in the theatre were The Return of the King, and Pirates of the Carribean 2

Catch 22 on driving Karen's car Leiha, it might scare you to death when you get a load of the power, or it might not scare you and then you're going to want one BAD!

Leiha said...

Joanie, no need to apologize, I'm not a big movie watcher myself.

LOL, I don't think I have to worry about lusting after Karen's car. Remember, I'm driving miss daisy!

Chez, at least you got to see a couple of movies sans kiddies, LOL. I loved the LOTR movies and they were definitely ones you have to see in the theater.