Don't worry, disaster has been averted!

So my computer has been wigging out lately and I knew it was time for me to get a new one, especially since I do 95% of my work on it. I have spent the past week looking at computers online but I didn't want to buy just yet, I mean, I have been spending tons of money lately. I just bought a new car, jeans, moisturizer! I can't buy a new laptop.

And then I couldn't get my puter to start this morning. It took me a couple of tries. But I remained calm and got my puter back up. Then it crashed on me and I couldn't get it back at all. Now it was panic time! I decided I couldn't live without a computer and I couldn't get anything done with it dying on me all of the time so I decided I had to buy a new puter. Too bad I couldn't get online to see where the Apple store was. I called Nancy, she didn't answer, called Dao, she didn't answer so I decided to do the dishes I put off last night. Yep, that's how calm I was. Then Lina called and she looked up the Apple store for me, yayyyy!!!

So I am the proud owner of a new macbook. And for those of you who don't like macs (NES) this computer can run windows. I haven't downloaded it yet because I'm still working on getting the mac side of things set the way I want. I was able to inport my pics (you know I have tons) but not my albums so last week when I organized my European pics, they're all in a cluster again, LOL. And I was able to inport my itunes library but my playlists are gone:( So now I have to organize them again. It's different getting used to a new computer. I don't like the keyboard and touchpad as much, you know how you just get used to how things are?

My macbook has a built in camera and a function called photobooth so I can just snap face shots anytime I want, like I was in a photobooth. If I didn't look so tired I would show you, but don't worry, you'll see pics of me soon enough. I can also now burn DVDs woo hoo! Not that i want to burn DVDs but I do want to make videos. Pictures of me look even better set to music and now that I can burn DVDs, I can send pics of me to all of you, LOL! Now I know you're excited!

Last night I only got 5 hours sleep, way down from my wanted 8 or the 7 I have been getting lately. I'm hoping to get caught up on my emails this weekend, I know I owe bunches but first I'm going to get caught up on my sleep. Nighty night!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I have a MacBook! I love it. I've always been an Apple girl. I broke down and bought a PC a coupla years ago and won't be doing that again. There's not much my MacBook can't do. The fact that you can now run windows natively is great!

The only problem I've ever had is my bro being pissed because Mac comes out with the coolest shit months before he can get the same thing on his PC. He says I'm you're sterotypical Apple girl: Asian+Apple+Honda. All I have to say to that is...Don't hate the playa...LOL!

Didja know that if you use 2 fingers on the trackpad, it allows you to scroll down the page? I love that! I got so used to that feature on my Powerbook. The keypad takes some getting used to, (I don't mind it at all now) but I miss the fact that the keys aren't lighted.

I haven't played with my BUILT IN (woot woot!) camera yet. Still foolin' with dvd slideshows (you're gonna be busy!)

Yay! for you! I'm glad you're back up and running...I can live without my phone but take away my computer and I might just cry. *BG*

Rosie said...

Wow, congrats on the new computer, chica. Sounds like a great purchase. I've never been an Apple girl either. I'm so stuck on everything windows. But now I may have to check it out, especially because of the camera feature and the dvd burner. So glad you are back with a reliable computer.

Leiha said...

Jennie, you will be my go to girl on m macbook! I didn't know about the 2 finger thing, woo hoo, just tried it, loved it. I am adjusting to the keyboard (had a G3 and loved the bouncy keyboard) and the click and drag is ultra sensitive, it usually highlights other things as I'm dragging, any tips? Also, I just noticed, I can't find word. Do I have to buy that separate? That would be a bummer, LOL. There's nothing wrong with being a sterotypical girl!! I agree, take away the phone and tv but never my computer!

Hey Ro! Once you use a mac, it really is hard to go back to PC, I thought about getting one but just wasn't ready to give up my mac.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I've never tried a Mac, always have had a pc.

Too cool you got a new 'puter Leiha! I assume you were able to get all you info off the crashed one? Ugh, I've had 'em crash & lose everything. not cool.

I'm going shopping for a webcam today LOL

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I love my Apple Powerbook. Very user friendly! So many cool features.

Lately I have been having problems with my capital letters. I must be hitting the shift key wrong. Any suggestions Jenny? Right now I am concentrating on hitting the key harder and in the middle of the bar. My arthritis might be the problem as I have gotten lazy with my keystrokes. My"I" is always a problem.

Can't wait to see your photos. You are definitely a MacBook girl.

Anonymous said...

Leiha, try going to 'system preferences' under the apple icon in the upper left. Look in the hardware column and click on 'keyboard and mouse'. Click on the trackpad tab and play around with the settings. Your mouse setting may be set too sensitive. Hope that helps. If not, I would call the apple store and talk to one of their 'genius' guys. They know EVERYTHING.

Also, FYI...under the same 'keyboard and mouse' tab, click on the 'keyboard shortcuts' tab...very cool. I can't live without these either.

I need to learn how to use my cam and iChat. My 13 year old son is gonna help me out. LOL! He actually told me to watch out for online predators! ROTFLMAO! I love that kid.

Reny...I've never had that problem with my PowerBook. Could be the keyboard. I know people who have had them replaced. I would advise you to call the Apple store...might be a defect? Good luck.

Gennita said...

Oooh I'm jealous! I would so love to own a MacBook! I remember my first Apple and my MacIntosh puter before I started on Windows. Now I love my Vaio, though, and can't change my odd habit of buying the same thing over and over until it does something I don't like, LOL.

I'm sorry your old puter broke down but the MacBook is just the right way to cure the broken puter blues ;-).

BTW, I saw my first full episode of Ugly Betty the other night. I think I'm going to keep watching--it's very different and good!

Leiha said...

Aimee, luckily I have been able to get what I needed off of my old puter, it worked like a charm once I bought a new one, LOL.

Reny, I should have known you have a mac, you are after all, a cool chick!

Jennie, I am loving the two finger scroll option, thanks for pointing that out. I'll try playing with my mouse. I set it when I first got it but I guess i have to adjust some more.

Jenna, I saw your gorgeous Vaio when we shared a room. I did think about a PC but I'm so used to my mac now, it is hard to switch. I don't watch ugly betty religiousely, I also am watching The Office and Survivor, LOL and have been too lazy to catch it online.

Nes said...

Sweet chick! I love how the Mac looks like and was even contemplating of getting one, but the compatability of the Mac with the PC is just not that great. Hence, I'm sticking to PC's.