Excellent news party people!

Nope, I didn't get anything done today that I had planned and I think I'm getting butt sores from being planted so long but the bathroom can be cleaned tomorrow and the vacuuming can be done then too and if not tomorrow then the day after. I mean I don't have company until Thur night so I have tons of time! Of course my living room looks like a library exploded because I have books to mail out or organize but again, tomorrow is another day.

What I'm really excited about is I just found out they opened a Trader Joe's somewhere around here. Trader Joe's is the economical version of Whole Foods where I love to buy my cheeses (you know I love me some cheese) and they have awesome bulgogi! They also have my favorite veggie mix, soycuttash which instead of lima beans and corn is soy beans and corn with a tiny bit of red bell pepper (great as a side dish or in salads). And I didn't even mention 2 buck chuck! OK, I don't drink wine but the have a $2 brand of wine that people say tastes great. People buy it by the case loads! I was so sad when I looked online for one and found out they didn't have one anywhere in the state of GA!

When Dao told me that bit of news I was like, we HAVE to go! Unfortunately we were already out and about and had no idea where it was so we both started calling people to look it up for us and she got ahold of someone. The store was south of where we were and we did just eat a buffet so food wasn't at the top of my list at that moment but sometime in the very near future I will be making a trip and who knows, it may motivate me to cook more. OK, maybe not, but I'll eat more cheese! I forgot to mention they have an excellent butternut squash soup, that's fabulous with a dollop of sour cream!

Today I also stopped by a local independant bookstore that had contacted Kare. I wanted to drop off a mug and some postcards. So I emailed her to get directions and let her know I was coming. When I walked in and introduced myself her co-worker literally squealed with excitement, LOL. Did my reputation proceed me? OK, so she squealed because she loves Karen so much but hey, I don't mind being the woman who knows the woman! Of course, if she read my blog she would be screaming just for me, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

LOL! Girl I know how much you love cheese! And darnit you're making hungry!

Anonymous said...

I love Trader Joe's. The one by me is always packed tho, so I try to go when it first opens.

BTW, the 2 buck chuck isn't bad, but it is really more like 3 or 4 buck chuck where I live.

Leiha said...

Girl, I'm always hungry, LOL.

I rarely see TJ's when it's not busy but that could be because I never go early! They charge you more there for Chuck? Bummer!

What can I say Chez, some of us got it like that, LMAO!

Rosie said...

Trader Joe's rocks. I can't believe the state of GA didn't have a single one. But you have now lucked out and it sounds like your shopping list is already done. I'll have to check out that soycuttash - it sounds pretty yummy. And where else can you go and get a decent $2 bottle of wine?