S A T U R D A Y Night! It's the good old rock and roll...

LOL, I've been known to sing that song a time or two at karaoke but that is not what this post is about. I'm writing about my whirlwind trip to LA. So I debated who to tell that I was going to LA. I mean, I was only going to be there for one full day and I've only been gone a month. Did anyone even have time to miss me (DUH, of course they did!). I emailed my friend Julie and she volunteered to host a potluck at her place, how awesome was that? So she sent out an invite via email Thur night, I added more to the list and off we go. If people could make it great, if not, it's totally understandable (some people didn't get the invite until Fri).

Sat is a hectic day. I'm staying at Javier's who inherited my old apt. He stayed at his girlfriend's, I totally was willing to sleep on the couch, it's super comf (my old one) but he stayed at his woman's. So I was back in my old stomping grounds in my old abode! Rachael picked me up at 10, we went and had mani/pedis and lunched. While at lunch I got a call from Steph wanting to know why I wasn't at kickboxing (I called Joe earlier in the week, no call back so i thought I was off of the hook, LOL) so I rushed home, borrowed clothes from Julie, went to KB late, came back and went through the boxes I had left and Javier and I took 5 boxes of books to the post office to mail to myself. I love me some media mail! That was my big plan for the day since there was no way they would have fit in my car with the rest of my stuff and I need my books back, LOL. So with that out of the way I was a happy camper. Javi and I went to Trader Joe's (love this store) to get stuff for the potluck. His contribution was vodka and cranberry juice. I don't like to tax him too much, LOL. Too bad he brought diet cranberry juice! Since I had such a busy day (c'mon, I'm usually good for one thing, I've already overtaxed myself plus I did do a long drive) it was nap time!

Then it was time to beautify for the potluck. I picked up some false eyelashes because Rachael and I were talking about them and my non-existent eyelashes and she told me to wear them, so I did, I'm so easily swayed. They were fun. Of course I brought a cheese tray. I would have liked to cook one of my specialties but it turns out this IS my specialty (and to be honest, I stole the idea from Rachael who always has fabulous cheeses at her parties) but I also made a kickass salad. I like a lot of stuff in mine. Two of my fave ingredients are heart of palm and TJ's Soycuttash which instead of lima beans and corn is soy beans and corn with a dash of red peppers for flavor. It delish, try it!

Now I'm going to make a list of great dishes that my friends made. Most have promised me recipes and once I get them I may have to post some. Julie made a baked ziti and roasted veggies, both awesome! I didn't eat any of my food to save room for hers, LOL. Brian L brought his soon to be named awesome yogurt soup, Rachael, who is currently homeless is also a fellow blogger (http://freshcatering.blogspot.com/) and chef but being homeless limited her options so she made a yummie homemade salsa. It had pineapples in it so I was thrown but the flavor was so good! Wish I had eaten more of that. Michelle brought a bunch of dips, veggies and hummus or as her bf Rossi calls it, a bunch of food that you can't eat (he's a meat eater, can you tell) and Stephanie made a strawberry, blackberry, kiwi marscapone tart that was so damn good! At the end of the party we grabbed the rest of this to snarf down.

But the potluck wasn't all about the food, it was about me, as it should be, LOL. Actually it was nice because I didn't have a going away party when I left so this was sort of it. Everyone showed that I expected and we had a great time. Lots of laughing and intermingling. I would post pics but have yet to find my USB cord, I swear, you guys are going to be overrun with pics when I find it! I thought when I left I really appreciated my friends but going back after having been away for a month was sort of bittersweet. It made me miss them even more. Dont' get me wrong, I am enjoying life here but it's so very different then what I had in LA. Everything was established and I had a great life with great friends and it was nice to go home again. Of course, I won't be making that drive anytime soon so I told them to come visit me. I make a fabulous cheese tray!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

I went to Rachels bolg. What fun! I love the recipe on every post. She needs to have a beginners post... Like how to boil water for me :)

Leiha said...

LOL, the beginner recipes are the drink ones. Let's try the sparkling cranberry lemonade drink next week, only 3 ingredients and no cooking, just our style!

Rachael Narins said...

LOL.

COME HOME!

I MISS YOU!!!