Pop goes the world


To start the evening off we went to Morton's Steakhouse for drinks This is Linda's Cheers or I should say one of Linda's Cheers, where everybody knows her name. The bar was dead, we got there a little bit before closing but that didn't inhibit our fun one bit. We all ordered our drinks but then one of the bartenders pulled out a Pomerey Pop which is a split of champagne in a little bottle that you drink with a straw. You know how they say you get drunk faster when you drink from a straw? That is true! Nancy thought I had a rash because my skin was burning red, that was because as an asian I have a slight allergy to alcohol which is why my skin changes colors, sometimes more then others. My sister kathy and brother Gramer get really red and my mom can't drink at all. The pop is our new favorite drink, at least for Nancy and I. Champagne with a straw! What could be better. So we weren't at Morton's for that long but we definitely made the most of our time. We also all did a shot while there, LOL.

We decided to go to Karaoke at a dive bar near Linda's house so we would be close to home. I love dive bars. The one thing I forgot having lived in Cali for so long is dive bars usually equal lots of cigarette smoke. So as soon and Su and I walked into Suki's we both gagged at the same time, Nancy says we got dirty looks but hey, I couldn't breathe. The good news, it wasn't too crowded so we were able to get a couple of songs in. Linda was smart and didn't sing, the rest of us, not so smart, LOL. We did the fun classic songs, I will Survive and Dancing Queen. Here's the thing, I can't sing in all of that smoke. I would literally sing a couple of words then turn my head and cough and that's how it went the whole song. But the crowd was friendly and the drinks were strong so we had a good time. After the DJ said that there would be no more room for songs we decided it was time to go. BTW, my alias was Chloe, or as Nancy likes to spell it Chloie. I think Nancy's spelling is the reason Su picked Jane as an alias. After we left it was breakfast again where the patrons were amazed that Linda got hashbrowns with cheese on top, LOL. To top it off when we got home Linda put in some Meatloaf and we sang Paradise by the Dashboard Lights at the top of our lungs and we thought about staying in that night, pshaw!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :