Portland here we come!

Because we were trying to hit happy hour we actually got dressed up at my house which is funny because it's 2pm and we're dressing for the evening. It's in situations like this I wonder how I dress on my own on a regular basis. We debated what to wear, tried everythong on, got second and third opinions, borrowed each others accesories, gabbed, changed outfits, changed accesories and had a grand old time. So much better getting ready with girlfriends. Once we loaded up the cars we headed into the big city. Lina road with me and we gabbed and laughed our way into Portland. Su rode with Nancy and they sang to 80s music all the way. They sang so loud that Nancy gave herself a headache, gotta love that girl.

After we got the grand tour of Linda's place (since I was the only one who had ever been, take that Nancy) we headed out to the Portland City Bar and Grill, the happeningest happy hour in Portland. It was so happening that we couldn't find a seat anywhere and since we were starving we needed a table. Linda decided to make a sweep of the area to see if she knew anyone and guess what she did! One of her neighbors was soon leaving so we got the BEST spot in the house. We ordered fab drinks and gorged on some great food. After that we headed to the restaurant that had the sexy woman but they were full so we had to wait so we headed upstairs to wait. I can't remember the name of it but it had a very minimalist IKEA feel to it. This is where the pic was taken. It was a cool place with a great environment but they don't do mixed drinks that rules it out for a future visit from me, LOL. Then we went downstairs to the peruvian restaurant that has the best drinks. Unfortunately I ordered something that wasn't the sexy woman and didn't like it, luckily, the waiter was cool and replaced it with the sexy woman. It is the habanero infused drink I had a couple of weeks ago. I swear, I was salivating over that drink today wondering if I can infuse my own vodka, LOL. We were bummed that we were so full because the food there was phenomenal. We still ordered a couple of things to split and I will definitely going back there for dinner soon. It was sooooo good.

After that it was time to hit the Viewpoint, a male strip club. For a Friday night it was pretty dead and the MC noticed as soon as we walked in. We were all a little too sober for this place so the first thing we hit was the bar, LOL. We chose a table in the corner near the stage. Like I always say, I'm tight with my 20s but loose with my ones. These guys work on tips. It was fun at first but they are very aggresive in coming up to you. You see, we actually tip and a lot of people don't so they coming back over and over again and they have a no touching policy. WTF??? When we found that out we were none too happy, time to move on. I guess I'll be saving my ones for Vegas. We ended the evening with breakfast at a pancake house. There's nothing like eating a big breakfast after a night out drinking. I would call our first night in Portland a raging success.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

LOL, let's be real, I'm definitely not infusing any oils but vodka has me intrigued. What do yhou infuse your vodkas with?

NancyB said...

Su and I are the best Karioki (there is no spell check on this thing, the mispelled words are not my fault) stars ever. We sing "All By Myself" like no one has ever heard before :)
Linda's house is beautiful. It is so big and spacious. Made my little hous feel like a nice sized walk in closet.
The food at the Portland Club was not only delicous but cheap. The most expensive food we ordered was 4.00, my kind of place - classy but cheap (remind you of anyone?)

Leiha said...

Well the cheap part reminds me of you, LOL.