Final day of play

well, until the next time around, LOL. This was going to be our mellow day. Su and I wanted to go to Tillamook to the cheese factory. But first there was breakfast. Linda was already up but Su was still in bed but awake so I crawled into Linda's bed to chat. After awhile I dragged Nancy's but out of bed to join us. Pretty soon the smell of cooking bacon had us wandering downstairs. Now I had been to Linda's house and had commented on the fact that she had a pancake mold for every holiday, I was entertained by that fact, now I get to reap the benefits. I have never had pancakes made with a mold, oh my god, they are so yummie! They were the best pancakes I have ever had, so light and fluffy. I am now a convert. Plus, it was fun to eat the heads off of the bunnies and ducks, LOL. I forgot to mention the homemade syrups. We ate so much breakfast (the look on Nancy's face was almost orgasmic....I'm assuming) that we were full for the rest of the day.

The trip to Tillamook was fun. First we dropped off our cars along the way so we wouldn't have to backtrack when we came home then we piled into Linda's rental. Awhile ago I had made 80s CDs for Nancy and Su but sent the wrong ones to them, so they did an exchange this trip so Nancy had her CDs which she hadn't had a chance to enjoy so we listened to them on the way to the coast and sang our hearts out. Too bad my voice was not up to it's normal subpar level, all of the late nights and previous nights karaoke took a toll, I don't know how rock stars do it on tour, LOL. But we gave it our best and sometimes our best was way off key but the ride was a blast.

Along the way we saw a sign for the Blue Heron cheese & wine company. The thing that caught Nancy and Su's eye was the fact that they had a petting zoo. Of course I was there for the cheese and Linda to keep us all in line, LOL. The inside of this store is so cute and they had all kinds of samples which I was enjoying. There was a special on brie so Nancy and I both bought 2 rounds each (you all know how I love the cheese). We got the garlic herb brie, yum. While Linda and Su were enjoying the wine tasting, Nancy and I were having a fruit and cheese plate, we were all enjoying ourselves. The plate was a steal with tons of cheese and fruit and we even gave half of our plate to the other gals and we could barely finish it. Next thing you know Su is coming over looking for a sample of blue cheese to go with her wine. The wine guy sent her over because he said it would go awesome together. Well blue cheese is one of my faves so I got a sample too and ended up buying a wedge of blue to add to my cart, LOL. We bought some feed for the animals as we left and Su and Nancy went to play. It was cute. There was this goat with long hair, big horns and bad teeth that I loved but no way in hell was touching. Su tried to feed the ostritch like bird (we weren't sure what it was) but turns out, it's not gentle when feeding from your hands. It pecked the hell out of Su's trying to get the food but trooper (or knucklehead) that she is she tried again and got the same results. It's hard to eat gently out of your hand when you have a beak.

After that we went to the Tillamook cheese factory. The main reason I wanted to go was because they had an ice cream shop so we all loaded up on ice cream and then took the self guided tour. Unfortunately, it was Sunday so we didn't get to see too much action but it was still fun. I was more impressed by the tiny Blue Heron then the mega Tillammook.

Then we rode along the coast. We stopped a couple of places to take pictures but didn't stay long. It was too cold. We visited a light house but it was a little stumpy. Su kept swearing she had been to the places we went but then again, she swore that she had b een to Blue Heron too and it turns out she hadn't, LOL. She promises to send us pics of her previous visit, we're still waiting. I would have to say the best thing about this drive was the best thing about the weekend, the 80s music! OK, I'm joking, the best thing about our day on the OR coast was the company. You just can't beat the laughter (and the singing at the top of our lungs, LOL).
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :