Girl time!


Sat morning was pretty slow moving for some of us. The some of us would be Su, Nancy and I. Lina and Linda actually got up to go do some shopping while the rest of us laid around in Linda's bed. It's incredibly comfortable and king size! We had made plans for all of us to meet at Jake's Crawfish at 11:30 with Sandra. Plenty of time for us to get ready, or so we thought. It's amazing how fast time flies when you're lying around talking. Considering the directions the internet gave us sucked we did excellent and got there on time. Unfortunately, Jake's didn't open until noon. Luckily, Spartacus, the adult store was across the street so we could kill time. They had a no spanking policy luckily for Nancy because we were all dying to try out the whips and paddles, LOL.

At noon we headed back to Jake's and proceeded to have the most awesome lunch. The great thing about eating with a group of friends is trying everyone's food. I ordered the Seafood Newberg which is what is in the pic above, it was delish. It was great to see Sandra. She's been so busy with work, remodeling and family life that this was our first visit since I moved to the area. But I'm close so that's all that matters. We also had some splendid desserts while there.

After we said our goodbyes to Sandra we headed to the Notting Hill area to shop. I must admit, I wasn't as into this as I normally would be, I was cold and tired but I put up a good front and we shopped for a couple of hours. You know how it is when you're shopping with friends, even if what you try on looks bad they want to see it. So I tried on this top that looked horrible on me, clung to every roll on my body but the gals were outside the dressing room waiting to see. So instead of just telling them it looked bad I opened the door and said no. I was just letting them see what it looked like. Well Nancy, the great friend she is starts immediately shaking her head and saying no, No, NO over and over again. She might as well have said Good God Almighty NO! I look at her and say, "I already said NO!" and then went in and changed. She's so good for my ego, LOL. Did I tell you all I was in the market for a new best friend?

After we went home to Linda's I had to take a nap. There was no way I would make it through the night without one even though at this point we didn't know what we were doing. The rest of the gals played games, sober this time, LOL. Once I dragged my butt up we went to go eat at a neighborhoood Italian recipe and then went back to Linda's to get ready for the evening. We had been going back and forth over what to do that night because we knew we would have fun no matter what but finally we decided to go out to Morton's and have a few drinks. Unfortunately, we had to drop Lina off first. That was a bummer but I won't complain, she did fly out from the east coast for 2 days just to be with us and that was awesome! I'll have to come back and share our evening with you later or else this will be a super long post.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Hey! I did what any best friend would do, I was honest. So maybe I was a little firm about the NO WAY but here is my defense. I am so used to seeing Leiha look blindingly fabulous that I was in shock when she did not look fabulous.
It was so great to see Sandra, next time we have to see more of her. She promised more Sandra time and I plan on collecting :)

Leiha said...

LOL, nice recovery Nancy! I guess I won't be in the market for a new best friend (although I guess I should have a standby list ready for the next time we go shopping together).