Bring on the Oscars!

I'm a little removed from the Oscars then I normally am because I'm not in Los Angeles this time. It's not like I do a lot on Oscar night but it's still fun to know that the Kodak Theater is right down the street from my apt. Now I am watching the pre-Oscar stuff on E and thinking, I miss the weather, LOL. Actually, it's pretty nice here right now so I can't complain.

I haven't seen any of the movies but I still have faves and want to make predictions.

Best Actor: David Strathairn, Good Night, and Good Luck; I went for the long shot because I wanted to and he's older then the others and served his time.

Best Actress: Felicity Huffman, Transamerica; I've loved her since Sportsnight and she gives great speeches. Plus Keira Knightly and Reese Witherspoon have mouths that bug me.

Best Supporting Actor: Matt Dillon, Crash; He's come a long way baby. He's logged a lot of miles on film and I think it would be neat for Dallas from the Outsiders to win. Yes, I love George Clooney but he's been accolades for years. I think it would be a greater coupe for Matt to win.

Best Supporting Actress: Don't care but Michelle Williams is another woman who's mouth bothers me, LOL.

Best Director: Ang Lee; Power to the asian people!

Best Movie: Good Night, and Good Luck; You know I love me the gays but they've won a lot of awards so I'm going to for the underdog who this time is not a gay, LOL. Plus, I do really want to see George up on the stand. Now I wished I would have stayed at the museum the night they screened this movie. George actually showed up but I do what I always do and chose to hang with my friends instead. What was I thinking, my friends would have been there the next night, LOL.

I hope that the gowns are fabulous and the speeches entertaining. I have high hopes for Jon Stewart.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

LOL, now you see why I don't bet often.

Anonymous said...

yeah miss leiha. that was impressive

Anonymous said...

yeah miss leiha. that was impressive

Leiha said...

In my defense, I picked who I wanted to win not who I thought would, LOL.

Great to see you here chick!