What was I thinking?

I listened to my body last night. It said it was tired (of course, it always says it's tired) but since I haven't been getting a lot of sleep I decided to listen to it and I went to bed early. I mean, really early for me. I would normally go to bed around midnight back in the days when I had a job and that will probably be my schedule once I get on a schedule but since I am still not on one and my body has been whacky (as in not letting me sleep my full 8, is it cause I'm getting older?) I went to bed at 9pm. I had absolutely no problem falling asleep which is wonderful. The bad news, I woke up at 3am! That is unacceptable! I will be going back to bed soon, not because I'm so tired but because the thought of being up at this time of day hurts me, LOL. I would much rather be going to bed at this time of day.

Yesterday I drove through rush hour in Atlanta to take the rental car back. Seriousely, with as much as I paid for that thing, they should have picked it up! Since we were in the area Dao and I went to eat at this southern restaurant that Su, PC and I found when we went to the airport a couple of weeks ago. I resisted the urge to get the fried chicken again and got grilled catfish instead. Of course, all is not healthy in my world, I did get the mashed potatos and gravy. I am, after all, only human (shocking, I know).

BTW, we stopped to pick up Dao's mail and I joked about checking to see if there was anything for me. There was! My BFF was totally on the ball and I got my copy of Midnight Desire from Emma. Of course I have the books in the compilation BUT this one is signed by my BFF, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Think of the sleep from 9 to 3 as your nap. Then after your stint on the computer you can go to bed again at 4. or 5. Then you can say you went to bed really late and sleep i until 3 in the afternoon. I feel it is all in the way you look at it whether 3 or 4 is morning or late in the night.

When do you start "work"?

Leiha said...

Hey Bookie! LOL,this summer has definitely been a kick in the pants. That pic we took in Volundam is my fave vac pic and I can't wait to have a home so I can out it in a frame and laugh everytime I see it.

Reny, it's so great to see you here! I didn't get a chance to mention that the other day. I totally like your nap idea because originally I was telling Dao at 7 I could take a nap so basically, it was an extended one, you know how I love my naps! I hope that all is good with you. I start work on Monday! You know me, there's no dipping the toe in the pool, I just jump (just in the shallow end, I can't swim, LOL).

Anonymous said...

I talked to Christy the other day and told her I wasn't signed up to blog here and she said you had made it easy to reply. You didn't have to sign up. So I just figured out I had to hit other or Anonymous and I could reply.
I hate signing up everywhere as I get junk mail usually.

I am busy clearing more out so I can get into the next renovation work.I am deciding what I really want in the kitchen-dining area. I want it easy to use and keep clean. Io not want more housework but less.

Right now my car is filled with four big boxes of books to go to charity today. I decided I will not reread them. My tastes have changed etc. I am thinking I have to find a partner to sell the collectibles I bought through the years, I would hate those to go to someone who might just trash them.But I am simplifying my life and living quarters to make ready for downsizing sometime in the future.

I knew you would be starting work soon since I am sure Karen is busy with her October book and contract for more. Rest up this weekend.

Reny

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiddo!

I'm so glad you've arrived safely. I watched Nancy's maps as you traveled across country and worried along with the other mothers when you broke down. I'm actually surprised you woke up at all for 48 hours. *G*

Have fun with Karen! I'm waaaay jealous!

((((HUGS))))
Me

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got there safely hon! Good luck apartment hunting.

Leiha said...

Reny, I totally know what you mean. I try to give out my em address as little as possible and that's part of why I love this site, it's easy to use and post. I love seeing you here! Good luck on downsizing, I know it must be tough. Good luck on the renovatiosn too, it seems like you've been doing that for awhile. Hopefully you can have your home to yourself again soon.

Hey Beaty! Thanks for posting! Yeah, breaking down was not fun and I love having all of my mothers around (which is why i checked in often, since I'm a worrier myself). I think Nancy was sad when she couldn't post more maps for me but I'm not taking a road trip anytime soon so she'll just have to do her own trip!

Chez, you know I'm the queen of naps, LOL. You know I'm all about free books. You need to come to RWA, with all of the books you will get it will pay for your trip, ok not from AU but it will make it a lot less painful, LOL.

Thanks Karen, I will definitely need the luck. I hate looking for a place to move but it will be so nice when I do have a space to call my own, I can't wait!