This is it!

On to the next phase of my life. I'm sitting here in my favorite sweat pants (I must travel in comfort) and a tank (no farmers tan for me, thank you very much) and waiting for Linda's homemade blueberry muffins to come out of the oven (momma didn't raise no fool!) and then I'm off! Linda printed me out the route for my trip, all 49 pages of it (how am I to survive without her?) and it says that it should take 39 hours. So I'm hoping to make the trip in 4 days with plenty of rest room stops in between, LOL.

Once I get to a gas station I will stock up on my favorite road foods which is funions and beef jerkey. Every now and again I like to change it up with munchos, I think with 4 days I'll have a chance to try both. Don't worry, I will also pick up some fruit along the way and not eat too many burgers (I'm an Arby's girl *G*). If anyone has any other suggestions for road food please feel free to post. Nancy will be blogging for me while I'm away. I promise to check in every night. Let you know my progress. With the way I like to take breaks it may take me a couple of days just to get out of Oregon!

My car is packed to the rim. I thought I purged when I left LA, that was nothing compared to what I did this time around. I went back for my stuff when I left LA I can't do that this time so my sister was the happy recipient of a lot of my things ad well as Nancy (I gave her my bookcases, waahhh) but she will be mailing me my books, LOL. The rest of my things went to Goodwill, a truckfull! So I'm starting from scratch, but don't worry, I did bring all of my photo albums and pictures so while I won't have furniture I will have the beginnings of my new museum in my home and remember, admission is cheap so feel free to come by and check it out! There's nothing wrong with sitting on the floor and sleeping on an air mattress as long as you get to look at pictures of me!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you will have all of the important stuff! Everything else can be replaced.

Don't worry, I will be taking you up on the free admission. Especially now that I know instead of happy hour, you get nekkid men. *G*

As for road food, what about some Hot Fries. Funions are my travel food too. I love them! Oh and of course gum!

Leiha said...

LOL, well, even though got rid of a lot of crap I wouldn't call myself minimalist, I'll be filling space as fast as I can. I definitely know I'm closer to my family the further I'm away!

Laurie, I've already finished a bag of Funions. I'm going to try to not eat anymore for the rest of my trip, wish me luck!

Chez, what are fruit tingles? I'm intrigued.