Reality TV Update

Since I spent the summer away from home I have been out of the reality tv loop but luckily, Dao has cable and Brvao repeats everything a million times.

I haven't seen last week's Project Runway but I have seen most of them. I feel secure enough to give you my opinions. I was irritated the day Bonnie was voted off because she made what she had sketched and the Macy's guy liked it when she sketched it and he felt like she knew INCs audience. My friend Julie met Bonnie, she's moving to her neighborhood and her hubby works with Julie. She says Bonnie is prettier in person and super cool Too bad I didn't notice her until she got the boot. Too bad that guy who got the boot cheated cause he had a lot of talent but he should have gotten kicked off when he did not accesorize his dog, talk about cocky! Buh bye! Cannot stand Angela, high drama! I did like the tattoo guy but the more he talks the less I like him. I am sad the cute blonde girl is gone, she was sweet. Who I really want to win is Uli. I like her clothes and I love her attitude.

Gene Simmons has a new reality show on A&E and I love it. It's called Family Jewels. It's like the anit-Osbournes. Not that I didn't enjoy the Osbournes when they first came out but they got old quickly. In the Simmons household there is no drugs and no booze and they actually look like the love each other. I love the relationships they all have with each other. I think it comes on Mon nights at 10pm.

I have been following Big Brother All Stars, not religiousely enough to watch every episode but I have been reading online updates and catching the eps when I remember. I want either Janelle or Will to win. I can't even believe I am saying that about Will, cause I love to hate him but he plays the game so freaking well, I can't help but enjoy him.

I caught my first episode of Rock Star:Supernova last week. What I dig about the rock star judges is that they're nice. They would actually rather build someone up rather then break them down. Not that they won't tell you like it is but I find these tattooed up rock stars pretty charming. One of the singers sang a version of Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel that was absolutely beautiful. If anyone knows where I can download a copy from, please share.

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any shows you are watching that you think I should be let me know or if there are any that you're looking forward to.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I loved the Project Runway show where they made an outfit out of recycled goods. Some pretty cool outfits. I like Uli too, but Vincent has got to go. He bugs me.

Anonymous said...

Hey you can watch last week's PR tonight at 9pm before this week's show at 10pm. I thought last week's show was soooo stupid! I want them to be able to show off their talent and making clothes out of trash is so not doing it! Emma & I were soo bummed when Alison aka The Cute Blonde was voted off b/c she truly has alot of talent! Uli is Emma's favorite & I'm leaning toward's Michael. I think Robert, Vincent & Jeffery are going to be voted off soon. Once Angela shut up, her designs have been pretty decent but she isn't one of my favs. Laura's mouth and better than you attitude is getting really old too! Thank goodness for reality shows--it gives me folks to talk about! "-)

I too have been watching SuperNova & am pulling for Dilana. I like her voice, style and think she would be a good front for those old tatooed guys still trying to make a living in the rock & roll world. Magni is my second fav but I think it is more b/c we saw his little boy & wife then his singing.Ryan drives me crazy the way he stares into the camera--I keep waiting for him to grab it and start kissing it. Now granted he is a good looking guy but he needs to play more to the in house audience like a rockstar would vs the camera!

I don't watch your other shows so can't comment on them but I did just watch the finale of Treasure Hunters and was surprised the Geniuses beat out Air Force but was happy for the youngens! Emma wanted the Miss USA team to win--surprise, surprise NOT!

Anonymous said...

I happpened upon the end of the last season's Rockstar and was surprised at the talent of bothe the contestants and the 3 Rockstars. I liked the way they worked with the contestants to improve the performances each week. I love the approach of positive reinforcement so even if the contestant doesn't win the whole experience ids positive. I too think Dilna is great. Ryan is immature still but willl grow. I love Magni too. Lukas has talent but seems unwilling to always use it.All the 8 left have talent and the show is a great oppotunity for them. I am wondering if Supernova might chose two singers to go with this time.

The show has left me with more respect for the three rockers doing the critiques. They know their stuff.

here is the site to listen to the performances. I like the message boards.

rockstar.msn.com/

Anonymous said...

I came across Gene Simmons' show the other night--think they had 2 running in a row and I loved it! Totally cracked me up and their children are really fun and have a great relationship with their parents--tho Gene is just hilarious and off the wall.

My GF threw a Prison Break party last night and so that was fun--I am pretty hooked on that show and she is nuts crazy about Wentworth Miller so I had fun teasing her about that--but oh yeah, I love Prison Break.

I watched last year's PR but have missed it this year--will have to catch a marathan bunch of shows if they play them.
Haven't watched the Rockstar, but think I would really like that so will check that out soon.

Darlin Mich, is your GF coming in to town today? Have a blast!

Leiha, get your Zzzzz's and take all the time you need to get rested as you should be exhausted what with that cross country trip and all. You deserve your rest, chica. ((HUGS))

Leiha said...

Sorry, I don't know how to delete the above poster. I will try and figure out how for the future.

Karen, I can't stand Vincent either, ugh, he totally has to go. But doesn't he remind you of Jeff Conaway?

The good thing about Bravo is they repeat everything a gazillion times so I know I'll catch up with it. I liked Alison too cause she was sute and sweet. Michael is a cool guy and he's nice, I wouldn't be sad to see him win but like Emma, there's something about Uli I really like. I agre with you on everyone else too Mich! I didn't pay attention to names last week when I was watching Supernova but I'll definitely pay better attn tonight. I'm hooked. I watched bits and pieces of Treasure Hunters, yay for the geniuses!

I agree Reny about the positive reinforcement and I love seeing the rock stars as musicians. Thanks for the link, I should have known you would have it, LOL.

I love the relationship of the whole family in Family Jewels and Gene Simmons is a riot. I wonder what the ratings are like for this show. I hope it stays on the air. Suprising that it's on A & E and not MTV. Girl, I'm a working girl now. No time for naps. Wait, I work from home, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I thought you would be interested in Dave Navarro's comments about last night's show.

After today's taping, I am going to Toronto for a couple for days with Steve Isaacs for some Panic business. I'll check in when I get there and we can recap tonight's elimination show. After seeing it on TV last night, I thought Patrice wasn't as good as she sounded in the room live, but her song might save her. Tommy said he could make it work. If it's not her, I really have no idea who would go tonight. We are getting to that point where they are all pretty good at what they do and they don't really need all that much direction anymore. They are who they are. I'd say that out of all of them, Ryan has benefited the most from our comments. He has taken them and adjusted his performances while still remaining true to who he is. That, is the name of the game! Although Toby did try to go for it and step up his performance, watching it back, it felt a little forced to me. I don't know, at least he is willing to take chances and try out new stuff. I commend him for taking such risks in front of millions of viewers like that. It's not like he has a little club tour to try things out each night and see what works. He has to just go for it on national TV. Lukas actually came across less engaging on TV last night than I remember with a lot of back to the audience. Gilby had a great point about that. The funny thing is, that even on his worst night, he is still leaps and bounds beyond some of the other contestants. Someone asked about how I can ask the questions I ask without seeing the webisodes. Well, if you notice the recap packages that roll before I ask the singers my questions, you can see that I am only asking them about what I have seen. We see the recaps in the studio on a large screen. I will tell you, however, that after reading your comments, I went and watched the whole webisode with Dilana's press clinic. Um... Yeah. Wow! That was really intensely stupid of her. I hope I get a chance to hammer her a little about that. If not on the show, I will grab her backstage and say, "What the hell are you doing? You are gonna crucify yourself here!" You NEVER talk shit about your peers! "But Dave, what about the K-Fed comments you made on Kimmel?" Well, all I can say to that is... There are exceptions!

Leiha said...

I dig Dave! He's a very well spoken guy. Thanks Reny!

Gennita said...

Rock Star Supernova rocks! I'm really into that show, watch all the reality sections on the site, and enjoy these rockers' performances. It's a guilty pleasure.

Anonymous said...

More of Dave Navarro's Comments for you Leiha (from yesterday before the elimination)he seems to know his stuff.

Back into Rockstar stuff: I have been reading a lot about Dilana's attitude here in the comments. I have not watched the reality episodes online as my job is to give an unbiased critique of the performances only. I have no idea what these guys are like when they aren't on the show. I told Jimmy Kimmel last night that I stay as far away as possible from the contestants so I can remain impartial. As for the SN guys, I am sure that what they have seen outside of the main show is a factor in determining who they choose as their front person. After this week, there will be only six contestants remaining. This week should be interesting as two of the hopefuls are doing original songs tonight and we will be hearing another original SN song with a new voice on it tomorrow. My personal prediction for this week is that Patrice will go home. She is OK, but not really Rockstar material. I also think that Toby might have one foot out the door too, but I can't be sure. He is definitely good, I just have yet to see him give that one performance that makes me go, "Wow! This guy is awesome!" I have to hand it to Ryan. When this thing started I thought, "Not a chance" with this guy, but it appears he is holding his own. I think he is by far the most evolved competitor we have seen so far. Stormy? She is hanging in there. I'm not even concerned about her until the last stages. I think that it will ultimately come down to Lukas, Dilana or Magni as our final three. Of those three it is hard to say, but I would personally narrow it down between Lukas and Dilana. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad at either one of them winning this thing. This is all just an outsider's perspective mind you, I have no extra insights as to what the guys are thinking. I stay out of that and I don't want to know. As with last year, it is more fun for me when the decisions are revealed live and I learn who is going home along with everybody else. Sure, I could pump the SN dudes for info, but that would make my job boring.

Anonymous said...

I love rockstar! The dh and I watch it every week. Am a Dilana and Magni girl, love their voices.

I wonder if you can get the performance you wanted on youtube, they have heaps on their about rockstar - I quite liked the girl who went home last week, long dark hair? What a hoot she was!

We're a year behind in Project Runway - the one with Santino (who I think is just fab) not sure he's going to last though!

Hugs
Sarah

Leiha said...

Jenna, you should be writing! LOL! I'm hooked now too.

Reny, I tried the Supernova website but it locked up my computer, bummer. Thanks for the extra Dave stuff, I love it. I was totally put off by Dilana's attitude and I don't want her to win now. When they were all singing with the band the one I thought that didn't fit was Storm but I agree it was time for Patrice to go.

Sarah, you like Santino? Girl, we have to talk! You should always root for the asian chick, LOL.