Things are coming together...

Slowly but surely. Good news, I have an apartment! It's in a great area, Buckhead. It's the only condo on the block, the rest of the street is really nice residential homes and it's a small complex, only 12 units and the neighbors seem nice. I got a 2 bedroom for $40 more then I paid for my one bedroom in LA. The unit is not that big but I don't want something very big. The only problem is the paint, the previous tenant worked at Loews so he painted the walls all different colors. The good news is I get to pick the new colors. One of the walls is red, I'm keeping that, I think I'll make the other walls in the living room cream, white is too harsh. I don't know what I want to do in the bedrooms, if you have any suggestions feel free to share them (you know I share mine, LOL). Here are a couple of pics of the place without the paint job.
Oh yeah, the kitchen is small too but let's be real, how often am I going to be using it? I didn't even bring any pans with me so it'll be cereal for me to begin with.

Today and yesterday Dao and I have been wheeling and dealing trying to get a car. OK, Dao has been doing the wheeling and dealing, I've been sitting there being the auto buying pansy I am, LOL. Hopefully I will have a new car tomorrow which will be great because then all I have to do is move and oh yeah, buy necesities for my home, like furniture, bed, tv, microwave and I may need some pots and pans! But I do have chopsticks! I couldn't leave those behind, they were red, LOL.

OK, for the highlight of the blog! Pictures of me! Remember what I said about my parents not beeing big on pictures? I don't know who's birthday party this picture is from. From left to right is my older brother Xuan, cousin Eric, me and my brother Gramer. I am wearing my favorite winnie the pooh dress. I loved this dress.

I don't know what happened to the pictures from this class. All I have left is the small proof that was stapled on the envelope. This is either a 2nd or 3rd grade picture. You can't tell from this picture but I have no two front teeth. I had bad teeth, my dad says it's because of the french baby milk they used so I had no front teeth until my big teeth came in, hence the different smile then what I have today. It's probably why I show so much teeth now, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding your own place!! It looks really nice & a 2 bedroom is perfect for company! Too bad the guy won'leave his furniture!!

So what kinda car are you buying & what color is it?

BTW you were a cutie pootie baby girl!

Anonymous said...

I love these baby pics of yours! They are so cute.

As far as paint colors, I am in the anything-but-white group. I guess it is because I had to look at drywall for so long while Tim worked on the house, I got sick of it. My living room is a deep green, my hallway is rust, and my bedroom is adobe red. When Tim and I picked it out, I said we'd either fight a lot or screw like bunnies!

I've heard Buckhead is a great area. Congrats on the condo, and now on to the car!

Anonymous said...

Adorable lil Leiha pix, chica!

Love the apartment and the hardwood floors look fabulous. My bedroom is a med apricot and Bill painted it for me and picked out the color and did a wonderful job. He has great taste and does the work for me gratis--ya gotta love that, huh? The color worked out really good in the BR and I have one darker deep red wall in my liv room and really like it--goes good with some antique pix I have next to the red.

Karen, you cracked me up--so how did it turn out did you end up fighting or...?? LOL

Next up for you Leiha is to post the piccy of your new car!

Anonymous said...

I love the condo,like Mich said,too bad the guy won't leave the furniture.We've got black leather couches in our living room.I didn't want them & we fought over it but now I love them.Very comfy.I painted my bedroom a very deep,intense teal from Dutch Boy called "Japanese Garden".The carpet is a sort of dark cherry,I thought it would look like a Christmas nightmare together but it actually goes well,IMHO.My living room and halls are a cream color,I think white is harsh also.Plus you can tell when it's dirty,LOL.I'm not much for pastels,prefer the more intense,bold & dark colors.Good luck car hunting! I still felt like we took it up the a$$ when we got ours a few weeks ago,and we even haggled some this time.I guess that's just how it is,LOL.I love the pics,keep 'em coming-I can see the camera ham beginning to emerge in the girl.*G*

Bo

Leiha said...

Unfortunately, this pic was 2 tenants ago. It would have been nice if the last tenants left me a little something something, LOL. I did tell one of my neighbors that I would be looking in the storage area for some furniture *G*.

The colors of your house sound great Karen! I am thinking maybe a light mint green for the bedroom.

It's always great to have free labor Christy. Too bad my free labor is in WA, LOL. But hey, my landlord is paying!

Yay on your new car Bo! I figure once I sign the deal there's no use sweating over it. Just enjoy!