More books, more authors, more fun!

Saturday was the last official day of RWA. We were taking it easy this day. We were a little tired (I wonder why, LOL). By the time we got moving for breakfast I was ready for lunch, luckily, the cafe we went to serves both so Linda and Mich ate breakfast while Su and I ate lunch. They were really cool at the cafe and let us samples all of the soup before we made our choice. Afterwards it was time to hit a couple of more booksignings (where I actually practiced some restraint). Su and Mich decided to head to the pool but I didn't feel like rolling myself into a suit so I went with Lina to the bar since she hadn't eaten yet. OK, so we had a drink also but we didn't go there for a drink. The great thing about my girlfriends and the way we travel is we're totally comfortable going our separate ways if we want to. We don't all have to do everything together. Since Lina and I had had a snack the other girls went off for some food and Lina and I hung around the room. She was reading, I was napping. You know I try to sneak in a nap whenever I can and with this bunch, that can be difficult. Let me just say, nap time was over when the girls came back, LOL.

By that time, Lina and I were hungry so we went back to the bar. Then Linda joined us for a drink. I love this picture cause my boobs look fab! Well, and I love Lina and Linda too, LOL. We were all going to go to Morton's for a champagne POP but it started to rain so Lina and decided to hit the lounge bar while the other girls did their POPs. Pamela Clare joined us for drinks and then later Julie Ortolon and Bonnie Vanak popped by to say hi. Afterwards we rendevoused with the girls in the main bar. We had a low key evening with Jenna dropping by and Dianna Love Snell came by to celebrate her win, she won a RITA that night which is the Oscars for romance authors so we were excited to be able to be there to celebrate with her. And here is a pic of the RBL gang on our last night of RWA.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

You all looked great, I love when you put pictures in your blog. My arms are sore from kiaking - but imagine if I had gone to RWA and had to carry around all your books! I probably still wouldnt be able to lift my arms.-- Hey that would be a great weightloss system - all you can eat without using your arms.

Leiha said...

Now you tell me Ann! I couldn't believe the amount of books that were given out and you know I totally went crazy, LOL.

Of course, now that we're on the same coast we will totally see each other!

Since I am such a great friend Nancy I will try to make your arms sore this weekend when you help me go through my storage unit, you're welcome!