It's done!

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a car, woo hoo! It's been an exhausting process and I am so happy to be done with it all. I actually ended up getting a 2007 instead of a 2006 because it had what I wanted and I got a good deal on it plus it had the color I wanted, ice blue. The interest rates aren't the best right now but I am just so happy to be done! I got a Hyundai Accent. For some reason they are really pushing the Elantra but I wanted the Accent because it's smaller and has better gas mileage. So three days, two dealers, three visits and lots of phone conversation I am the proud owner of a spiffy new car. Power windows, what a concept!

Since I've been in Atlanta I have been so exhausted. Most of it is mental, I know. I keep waking up at the buttcrack of dawn and taking over an hour to get back to sleep. I am hoping with my move this weekend and now having a car I can work on having a little normalcy in my life. Now don't laugh, I can do normal, LOL.

I chose to share this picture because it was so typical of how life was growing up. I love this picture. I come from a family of 9 kids, couch room was very limited. We usually only had one couch and you know I like to lay down so basically we dog piled each other. This was a typical evening of us lying down to watch tv. Andy and Kimberly are faking their sleep, Adam is the ham on the floor and David is the baby of the family. That baby now had his nipples and tongue pierced and more tattoos then I can count, LOL.

I was shocked at tonight's Supernova but I did notice that Ryan had yet to sing with the band. I thought for sure Storm was going home. I hope Tommy realizes that he can't sleep with her when she's in the band, it could get ugly, LOL. Dilana certainly had a wake up call. I thought she has come across sh*tty the last couple of weeks, her ego just got too big to be contained and that's why she was in the bottom 3, America doesn't like to see that. I'm glad she was in the bottom, she needed some humbling.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Boy you don't let the dust settle!!!!



You are one busy girl! Moving again this weekend. Do you have a bed? Knowing how you like naps, that is a necessity. But do you have any time to sleep with all you have been doing.

I love your new car. It looks safe too.

NancyB said...

I love your new car and I know what a pain in the a$$ it was to find it. Thank goodness for friends, me to do the research and Dao to do the bargining. I love your lovely ice blue color, but be honest - wouldnt you rather have Champagnie?

I know you will be able to take a deep breath and get on a regular schedule soon, you need(and deserve) a break. And think on the bright side, you have so little stuff to move it should just be 2 car trips and your done!

Anonymous said...

You do know that the public spanking of Dilana went on for half an hour of taping that wasn't shown on TV, right? And that Jason even said that was BS to treat Dilana like that right there in front of millions? A small spanking, yes, but to do that for half an hour...my friend, I totally disagree with you...they destroyed this woman. Not just her ego, but her confidence.

What you saw on TV, the one that led to her crying had the long spanking edited out, and THAT was why rockers looked and acted so subdued. I'm not defending Dilana's crazy interview, but if I had to sit in front of that bunch of men being told my behavior was "unacceptable" for half an hour and not been able to really say anything bad because I wanted to be part of their band, I would have been in a zombie state of mind too.

I feel, reading the blogosphere the last week that this woman did not deserve a scarlet letter sewn onto her forehead just because she was crass. Hell, I've been drunk and crass and no, I don't think I want a job so badly that if the tongue slaying the next day went on for longer than necessary that I wouldn't just stand up and leave the show.

Anyway, everyone who wanted to "punish" Dilana did, and what the rockers forgot, along with the TV producers, was that women are bitchier than men and what they thought would be good TV drama has deteriorated into an internet bitchfest. I don't think they ever expected Dilana to come apart that way, even singing-wise. IMHO, I saw her "giving up" in the middle of Zombie Killer. She looked totally lost turning her back to the audience.

You all know how even a short scathing review could effect an author. And that isn't even live! It will definitely take a while before Dilana regains her confidence.

Sure, I felt she deserved a bit of criticism for her stupidity, but no, what they did was a public hanging. And judging from the members of Supernova, they know it went too far.

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I meant "affect" and not "effect" in the previous post!

And just in case you think I've gone insane, CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW CAR!!! ;-) It's very you.

I'll have to post a photo of me and my five brother and sisters in our kung-fu poses because we watched a lot of Chinese kungfu soap operas when we were growing up. On the other hand, they might kill me for doing that, LOL.

NancyB said...

Genita - I used to go over to Leihas house and watch some Kungfu soap opera that was made in one language and dubed into Vietnamese. We couldnt really understand what they said but they were still fun to watch. Thanks for reminding me of that :)

Leiha said...

I have an air mattress Reny. Wasn't it just a few months ago that I was swearing off air mattresses? LOL, beggars can't be choosers. I did look at some adds for mattresses so I will be getting a bed soon hopefully.

Nancy, Karen and I agree, champagne is not the color for me, LOL. She said when she pulled up today she knew right away which car was mine, she wouldn't have known if I was driving a champagne car.

The thing is about Dilana is she did say and do the things that she got busted for and they were calling her on it. I haven't read the blogosphere and I always miss the non-performing episode. My opinion is based solely on what they showed, which means I didn't see the rest of the flogging. Of course, I know first hand that editing has a lot to do with things but they didn't edit those words into her mouth. Should it have gone on for half an hour, no. Do I like that they called her on it, yes. And let's be real, part of being on a reality show is you open yourself up to the world, you get the bad as well as the good. Don't worry, I already knew you were insane, LOL.

I totally want to see that pic of you and your family! I'm jealous I don't have one like that! I LOVED watching the kun fu soaps, too bad my mom had to translate everything, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Damn it, I was going to really go insane and get into a long post about then they should all scold the various others on the show for the comments they made in the webisodes (like when Ryan "I'm the Star" Star tells the camera Patrice is a bitch.") for at least half an hour each taping just to see how they take the criticism (hey, good reality TV!) but then you might send me a straight jacket ;-).

TBH, my first reaction to how she was treated was, Look Dave Navarro, the woman didn't kick a puppy and piss all over it, okay, or ***coughcheatonhiswifecough***. All she said was she thought some of the others weren't serious and that she wanted to strangle Lukas. Apparently, if you say it to the camera during the webisodes, that's okay, but if you say it in a fake interview, you are the big bad rude arrogant biotch.

I just love the facial expressions on the Supernova dudes' face when they axed Ryan "I'm the Star" and he turned around and instead of thanking them, told them that he'd have carried them for the next TWENTY years, but instead, now he's going to be on the charts without them. Bwahaha. Now that's arrogance (in the acceptable category, I guess)!

Okay, I promise to go back to writing now. It was fun discussing this with you because no one here watches the show.

Leiha said...

I do agree with you Jenna that what Ryan said when he was booted was sh*tty. He should have thanked them for the experience and been gracious. I definitely liked him less after that and dont' get me wrong, i felt some of the things he did while singing was so fake and choreographed but I thought for sure Storm was going home, LOL. Girl, I love talking tv or books so anytime chick!