Driving Ms Daisy

Today I rented a car. I wanted a compact but ended up with a midsize Dodge Caliber because they didn't have a small one, lucky me. Let me say, I am not ready to drive anything that big. I couldn't see over the dashboard! I swear! I moved the seat as far forward as I could and adjusted the steering wheel but I spent the whole time driving sitting as straight as possible because just so I could see as much of the road as possible. I felt bad for the cars around me, I tried to give everyone a wide bearth but I think I was straddling the line a bit, not by choice, I just couldn't see! So not only am I driving on roads I don't know, I'm driving a car I don't know, let me just say, it's probably best that all of you live somewhere else. Normally I drive like a grandma, can you imagine a granny who can't see and doesn't know where she's going?

Anyone want a ride?
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

LOL! I was thinking of that granny in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, remember? She couldn't see over the wheel, she was looking through it!

Get a pillow, and just let everyone else get out of the way!
I'll send you some of my HK driving vibe...

Good Luck! I hate driving on unfamiliar roads, Joanie x

Anonymous said...

You need to call the rental company and trade cars before you straddle the line right into another car!

How goes the car shopping and apartment hunting?

Anonymous said...

Hey Chica! I hope you have the extra insurance that covers everything, lol!

Anonymous said...

A booster seat? Ben has pretty much grown out of his!


Sarah

Leiha said...

OMG, I cannot even imagine driving in a foreign country, I can barely drive in a different state, LOL.

I promise to be very careful MIch! I am in contact with a car dealer right now, we'll see how that goes, I'll probably hopefully get a car this weekend, and I'm going to go look at an apartment tomorrow.

Thanks a lot Laurie, LOL!

You too Sarah? LOL, guess I brought it on myself. Tell Ben he can keep his booster seat (for now, LOL).