The big day!

Tomorrow I officially start my new job. I haven't worked a real full time job since Jan of this year. How weird is that? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time off and did a lot of traveling because I had the time. I think it helped me get closer to a lot of my friends. This past year had a lot of highs and lows but the highs definitely outweigh the lows. If I didn't quit my job and move to OR I know I wouldn't be getting ready to start my dream job with Karen and you all know what a rutt I was in in LA but I was too comfortable to move. Life kicked me in the ass and here I am, on the other side of the country ready for my next adventure.

The funny thing is, I'm looking for my adventures in the smaller things in life. I don't think I need anymore kicks in the butt anytime soon, LOL. I want to find the balance and structure in my life that I have been missing this past year. I look forward to a little stability and normalcy because you all know me, no matter what, life will not be boring but I would like for life to be simple for awhile.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your first day! Did you find an apartment yet? If not, where are you staying? What are your job duties anyway? Dao is in Atlanta too, right? That is great.

Leiha said...

Thanks Karen! I am still apartment hunting (online). Luckily Dao lives here so I have been staying with her and she didn't even say a word when I piled all of my boxes in her bedroom, now that is a friend!

My job duties are free flowing. Pretty much whatever Karen wants me to do, LOL. Good thing I'm flexible:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leiha, I've followed the herd over to your blog. How exciting all of these changes must be.

My mum says "Don't be afraid to go out on a limb, that's where the fruit is." You got out on your limb and now it's payola time!

I'd like to add, "and with a bit of luck, if you do fall out of the tree, a hunky fireman will be waiting!"

Anyway, enjoying your blog chicky-babe, keep it up. Joanie x

Leiha said...

Thanks for checking out my blog Joanie! I love the idea of a hunky fireman catching me, I'll definitely have to work on that, LOL.