One more week....

I was thinking this countdown thing can be confusing depending on when I post and when you read so just in case there is any confusion my birthday will be next Tuesday, Sept 5th (the release date of the new JR Ward, LOL). It would have been better if it had fallen on Mon, a national holiday and you could all take the day off to celebrate my birthday but you could always make it a holiday if you would like, LOL.

After an hour and a half on the phone with tech support I am able to scan pictures, woo hoo! The things i do for you, errr, I mean, work. Of course we need to begin at the beginning. If you can believe it, my mom says I used to be afraid of the camera. I know, imagine that!There are not actually a lot of pictures of me as a kid, my family was not very picture horny. I actually cut this picture out from my green card.

Of course, I quickly got over being scared of the camera. You know I tell you I always do the cheesy big smile because if I don't my mouth is hanging open. Well here is the proof! This picture was taken at my grandpa's. I have another one taken at the same time where I'm posing (I know, a shock) but that one is packed up. As you will notice, I am follicly challenged. I was about a year and a half here. My dad says that's why I had long hair for so long. My first major cut was when I was in my early 20s.

I also wanted to remind everyone that celebrity duets will be on tomorrow night. Dao and i are very excited about this show. Lucy Lawless, Alfonso Ribeiro (the fresh prince of bel air), lea Thompson and others will be singing with the likes of Smkey Robinson and Gladys Knight, I can't wait to see it!

Also, just in case you didn't know, Karen's novella, INTO THE DREAMING will be re-released tomorrow also:)

And one more thing, check out Rachael's Blog Fresh Catering (link on the right). She posted a pasta kimchee recipe I am dying to try. Nancy, show your dad! Plus, she mentions me, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Leiha - I love the green polyester you had on in the second picture, if you wernt so darn cute it would be hard to pull off!
And FYI - There will be no kimchee pasta at my house! Dad will have to wiat until November when he is in his own house for that. I think he gets enough leway with the kimchee problem - yesterday he had all beef kosher hot dogs and kimchee - blech!!

Anonymous said...

Awww you, are just soo cute!!!!

So, what is kimchee BTW? Inquiring minds and all that!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Aww, you were so cute as a baby! Even if you were crying.

Hey, speaking of blogs, check out Marjorie Liu's blog from her recent author tour. There is an absolutely awful picture of me with her (she is so damn cute) in front of the toilet paper at KMart. You can see me in my beautiful cast!

I told her I was a friend of yours, and she got a big smile on her face. Obviously some good memories from Atlanta!

Anonymous said...

Well, I already knew you must have been a beautiful baby, but the pix prove it--great that you know can scan! Was thinking on catching the Celeb Duet show tonight, too. I just gotta chat on the JR Ward--loved it, it was just was so heart breaking and then heart warming in spots and touching and quite HOT natch. Have a few questions tho about it...don't want to be a spoiler so will have to ask more privately since you have read it too. Happy week before your birthday, chick!

Anonymous said...

What happened to that sweet little girl? *LOL*I hope that is the only pic I ever see of you crying,Leiha.Somehow I don't think that will be a problem,though.The big cheesy smile looks good on you,don't be afraid to use it.*G*

I look at my baby pics sometimes and think 'That is NOT me-I must've gotten switched or something' *G*
I like to see baby pics of my friends.Hey,you know what we should do? With all these contests you & Lina have had going at RBL lately,what about a baby pic contest-whoever gets the most correct,figuring out what baby grew into what ReBeL,gets a prize,etc.? We would have to have a impartial picture posting RBL,though. Hmm,I guess it would only work for those of us who've met each other,or have checked out the pics of RBL gatherings and paid attention,LOL.And not everyone has a scanner-come to think of it,I'd like to know where ours disappeared to!Too bad-it could've been fun.

Happy pre-birthday! *G*

Bo

Anonymous said...

Hi Bo,

That is great idea for RBL! I threw a baby shower for a GF a few years back and had everyone bring a baby picture and did the exact same thing--I posed them on a board and we tried to guess who was who. Was a blast. That would be fun to do at RBL tho!

Leiha said...

Hey, I even make polyster cool, LOL. You better at least show your dad the kimchee recipe!

Sarah, kimchee is a korean staple, their version of vegemite, LOL. It's pickled cabbage in a hot sauce, definitely an acquired taste. I love it, Nancy hates it. Her dad eats it with everything.

Karen, thanks for the heads up on your picture. I went over there to look. I feel so bad about your leg. I hope that its healing well. I'm glad Marjorie remembers me, but then again, how could she forget, LOL.

Christy, we'll definitley have to talk about the Ward!

LOL, yeah, what happened to that sweet little girl Bo? I want to know too, LOL. Love your baby idea. We may have to think of something. It would be fun.