SUPER.....Sonic!

Nope, not talking about the basketball team (stopped rooting for them when I moved away from WA, what a fair weather fan I am). I have been seeing commercials for this drive in fast food joint called Sonic. I had a friend mention this place to me before but I have never lived anywhere that had one, now I do.

I wanted to go to Sonic because not only are they old school and you pull into a spot and order and a waitress brings it out to your car (go into the way back machine and remember when A&W used to do this, loved it, dang, now I want a root beer) but because I had heard that they had tater tots covered in cheese and chili? Hello!!!! Come to mama! And then the commercials are all about their Sonic Blasts which is their version of a blizzard (do you all know how much I love ice cream?). So today, I decided this is what I must have for lunch. I am a girl with priorities. Do I go to the bank to cash this check with money I really need or do I go to Sonic? You know I went to Sonic (don't worry, I went to the bank later on in the day).

I felt weird just ordering tater tots and a blast so I felt I had to order something else too. I didn't want a burger so I went with a dog. I don't eat dogs too often but every now and again they're yummie. They have coney dogs which are skinny, soft bun and slathered in, you guessed it, chili and cheese (I added onions, anyone want a kiss?). I wish that they had a regular size but they just come in super long, what's a girl to do? Go for length, of course!

Service was quick! I didn't even have time to open the book I brought with me before my food was at my window. First thing I did was take a bite of my blast, deeelishious! Next I unwrapped my tater tots. Sad to say, those were a disappointement. I think I need to try the tots alone next time. Nothing fancy, just ketchup. But the dog, the thing I threw in last minute was awesome. Unfortunately it was big so I couldn't finish it but dang, it was a good ass dog! Of course my eyes were bigger then my tummie so I had to rush home to put my blast in the freezer. I can't wait until tomorrow so I can eat some more of my Sonic Blast!

Even better, the dog didn't make me sick, sometimes you pay a price for eating bad for you food, today, I did not, yay!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Wow, you get to work for KMM and live in a place where you can drive in and get tator tots, blizards, and a chilli-cheese-onion dog in one stop! I always knew I was a southern girl at heart. Thank God I dont live there, if you gave me a month my butt would be to big to fit in the car door - then I would get my exercise walking to the tator tot store.

Anonymous said...

Haven't had a Sonic, but we go to A&W every so often because I love when they come out to the car!

Anonymous said...

I miss Sonic! Lucky dog! The closest Sonic to me is in Richmond. Wahhhh! Enjoy the blast today sweetie! Oh ya, do you remember drive thru movie theaters? I used to love them! See if you have one of those around!

Leiha said...

LOL, in this weather Nance there would be no walking to the tater tot store. So you would have to lose weight just to get more!

A&W still has the drive ins? Actually, the drive ins we used to go to were when I lived in MI so it makes sense. I used to love going there!

Nancy and I love the drive in movie theaters. I will have to do an ode to one soon, LOL.

LOL, that's OK Lina, I can do without the math. If it makes you feel any better I didn't eat breakfast or dinner that day. I know that's not optimum either but it's better then nothing, LOL. OK, I will get my petunia in gear!