It's becoming a blur

I honestly couldn't remember where we had eaten until I looked at the pics (thank goodness Lina had titled the pics, LOL). Thursday was our low key day. Since I was staying with Dao I joined them in the morning. I hung out with Lina while she finished getting ready and the rest of the girls were eating. It was nice to start the day off relaxed. After that we all went down to the goody room because Jenna told us she would be there giving away books and you now know what whores we are (well, some of us anyway). While we were waiting for Jenna to show up (she was late) we also picked up some other goodies. We also met up with Bonnie Vanak who is an author from our other board as well as Marjorie who also brought books down, lucky me cause I didn't have this book (I did have Jenna's already but I didn't have a signed one!).

We had plans to meet with the fabulous Liz Carlyle (yes, another author!) at 2 but we weren't sure if it was for lunch or drinks. Luckily we ran into her as she was going to lunch so guess we were meeting for drinks, LOL. So we decided to go out for lunch. I tell you, the hardest part about this whole trip was figuring out where the heck to eat! It really was a touch decision every meal. This time we went to Max Lagers Bar and Grill. I got the duck quesadilla and it was fabulous! So big I couldn't finish it, although you know I tried! My one complaint, the table was so high it felt like I was in a high chair.

After lunch we met up with Liz who is a woman of her word. She called to find out where we were and said she would be there in 8 minutes, you know I timed her, she was there in 7! We went to Champions Sports Bar in the hotel where we spent many an hour. It was wonderful to have the luxury of sitting there talking to Liz for a couple of hours. We talked about everything, it was awesome and as well as being a fabulous writer, she's a fabulous person. And I loved hearing her voice, I could listen to her talk all night long.

After drinks it was time to get ready for dinner. We spent forever trying to figure out where to go. I picked Patty's Patch or something along those lines. Dao, Joey and her friend also joined us for dinner so there was a crowd, like normal, LOL. It was a southern food restaurant but the food was just ok but the company was fabulous. Afterwards the rest of the gals when drinking and partying and I went home with Dao. I was in bed my 11pm. I blame the jet lag, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :