Big News!!!!!

Alright, I figured my bloggers got first dibs on my exciting news so I'm breaking into regularly scheduled convo to announce it. Hmmmm, normally I like to play the guessing game but that would be torture to make you wait while you all guessed, ok, it would be torture for me not to tell you since I have been sitting on this news for almost a week now! It's big!

You ready? Well, I don't know what to tell you first. I guess the fact that I'm moving to Georgia is pretty big. Yes, it's true, I'm moving, AGAIN! What can I say? There no moss under my feet. I have to be honest, if I had a place to pick to move, GA would not be anywhere near the top of my list. I never really pictured myself living in the south, although I do love the food, I've been eating a lot of fried chicken, which will have to stop when I move. I love fried chicken! But I digress, LOL. There is a reason for this dramatic change in my living arrangements. No, it wasn't that during my visit here I decided I have to move here, considering I am currently homeless and all of my stuff is in storage, it's not an impossible idea, considering that one of my best friend's lives here and she has invited me to move down with her. But I never took it seriously because it was GA and what does GA have to offer me?

Well, what GA has to offer me is a JOB! And not just any job but a dream job. A job that is just screaming my name. A job that is so cool that some of you will be jealous. I have to say, I am a lucky person. The timing is perfect on this job offer. My plan was to spend this week looking online for a job for when I got back home to OR next week. But instead, I spent this week, making plans for my new job. Are you dying of curiosity yet? Not all of you are because some of you were there when the momentous occasion happened. I was literally offered a job over dinner last Friday night. Want to know what I'm going to be doing? Guess I can hold it in no longer. I will be working as Karen Marie Moning's personal assistant!!!!!! How awesome is that? OK, for you non-romance readers, she would be an author extraordinaire. Someone who I worship and adore and more importantly, LIKE! I will be working with someone who I can be myself with. I will be working in the romance community which you all know I love. I won't be slinging hash which was the future I was seeing for myself, LOL. This job is so perfect for me how can I quibble over packing my things and moving cross country? It's not the first time I have done it and it probably won't be the last. I told everyone the move from LA, that was hard. I had been there a long time and my life was established. While parts of leaving OR will be hard, mainly Linda who has been there for me in so many ways it makes me cry just thinking about it and my sis and nephew, cause while we have had our ups and downs, she is still my sis and I love her. Leaving them will be hard but I am very excited about this new direction my life has taken. I haven't been this excited in a long time and I look forward to the journey.

What I am not looking forward to is the drive, you all know how much I just love road trips! I am literally going to be home long enough to get my stuff in order (more purging, wahhh) and then I'm on the road again. While I'm road tripping it I will either pop on occasionally via internet cafes or will have my personal assistant, Nancy, pop in and let you know where I am and where I am heading, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I am practically speechless,I need to pick my jaw up off the keyboard or something!!! I had a feeling,when I read the "I'm moving to GA part" that it had SOMETHING to do with KMM,but never could I have guessed PA for her! Holy shite,Leiha,this is SOO exciting-I know I should be insanely jealous (and I'm sure that will come later,like 4.5 minutes after posting this,LOL)but I am really & truly excited for you,this is SO incredible! OMG,you are going to be able to see that amazing brain of hers at work,see the characters and stories come to life! Will you miss the anticipation of waiting,do you think? Or do you suppose you might still have to wait for the final bits and pieces like us poor mortals,LOL.You know,I'm thinking KMM might be your new BFF,how does this affect things with Emma? *G* Sorry,couldn't resist-must be that jealousy thing starting! *G* I am still sitting here pretty much stunned,for her to offer you this-a chance of a lifetime,it's just incredible.She really is a wonderful,amazing woman.God,now I'm wondering how your head fit in the plane for the trip home,LOL. You must've had perma-grin-do you still? I know I would! *G*

Bo

NancyB said...

I am so excited for you Leiha. Of all the doors to open while you were looking for a direction, who would have guessed it would be this one? I hear plane tickets to Atlant are not to expensive because it is the hub for many airlines. Dont you worry - we will decend upon you at the least notice and expect to hear you gushing about how great your new job is. I dont think there is anything more perfect for you - Well except being my assistant, I dont know why you turned down the 5.00 a month and all the food you could scrounge from the kitchen...

Anonymous said...

You know how excited I am for you darlink--my eyes started leaking at the resturant when Karen announced it! It truly is a FAB job for you b/c it is totally right up your alley & you will shine, shine, shine! Now you better put DC on your places to travel to frequently so you can bask in my family's love for you & I can catch up in person! Phone calls are nice but chattering w/you face to face is so much better! I am a little worried about you traveling cross-country by yourself! Can you talk to somebody to make the trip with you & then fly back??

Leiha said...

LOL Bo, I couldn't wait to see your reaction and you did not disappoint! Will I miss the anitcipation of waiting? Doubtful! There's nothing like reading the final product. Plus, who knows how much Karen will share with me, LOL. I already broke the news to my BFF, she handled the news very well. Of course I have to let my BFF know! I will try to fit my head on the plane, the problem will be fitting my stuff and my head in my car for the drive back to GA!

The problem with the food in your fridge is it's growing! I know better then to eat anything in it. I accepted Karen's offer cause her food wasn't rotting.

LMAO Chex, well, I think a hunka hunka burning spunk tops a job anyday! now I'm insanely jealous!

Mich, looking at you totally made me cry, LOL. I was so happy to have you there with me. I think the drive from Cali prepared me for this trip. I did think of having someone join me but then that would be less stuff I could bring. Don't worry, I have a car charger and plan on spending a lot of time talking on the phone and I will do a lot of checking in. As for visits to DC, well that's a given! I'm already planning on spending Thanksgiving at the Woods family home, LOL.

Anonymous said...

That is so incredibly exciting. I am so happy for you. You're right. What an amazing dream job.

Anonymous said...

That so completely wonderful and I am so totally happy for you. Love and smooches from down under luv! And good luck on your fab new adventure.

Sarah

Leiha said...

Thanks Karen and Sarah! I am so stoked and happy and I can't wait to start my job. Talk about perfect timing.

Anonymous said...

I am so completely freaking out over this news!! You best call me on your road trip, missy, as we sure do need to catch up. I am just so excited for you that I am 'bout ready to burst! This is the perfect position for you and KMM the perfect fit for you! Congratulations and drive safe and do give me a yell from the road!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »