Back to our regularly scheduled program...

RWA on Friday! This is when we really hit the motherload. Su and I saw a sign about a signing that Ballentine was having at 10 am that morning. We saw the list of authors who were going to be there so we thought we would try and crash it. What's the worst thing that could happen? We really didn't know what to expect. I was thinking it would be a little room with a few authors in is signing books. What we got was beyond our imaginations. It was 2 publishers at the same time and in both rooms it was tons of authors, Avon had so many authors they were changing them out every half hour and to top it off the books were FREE! You read it correctly, FREE! We were in hog heaven! I mean, there were literally so many books and so many authors that we needed a box to carry them all. Lina, Linda and Mich were practicing some restraint but Su and I truly earned the reputations as book whores. We got so many books by so many authors it was insane. I wish I could name off everyone I saw but I think I came home with about 80 books and about 60 of them are signed. The publishers booksignings were going on for 2 days. Shhhh, don't tell them we crashed. It was fun because some of the authors we knew (our wonderful RBL authors) and some just remembered us from the literacy signing, we were a tad enthusiastic there, LOL. But what was really cool was how excited people were about RBL, we literally had an author say we were just talking about you this morning and then point us out to her publisher! How cool is that?

Once we recovered from all of the booksignings it was time to get ready to go meet Karen Marie Moning and her hubby Neil for dinner at the Ritz. While talking to Susan Grant earlier in the day we learned that there was a big party being thrown by Harelquin. Apparently, this is THE party. Of course we wanted to attend. Sue was going to try to get us in but then turns out Jenna was going to so we decided to go with Jenna. So we dressed up for dinner which was perfect since we were meeting KMM at the Ritz. It was awesome to see Karen again, it's been several years and we just don't get a lot of time during the year to talk with her being an author and a newlywed and it was so much fun to meet Neil too since I had heard about him forever. So off we went to dinner at the Grill (I got the most awesome salmon, cooked perfectly) and it was so much fun to catch up. Of course, this will also be the dinner where Karen offered me a JOB! It came as quite a shock which is funny because she did offer me this job a couple of years ago in New Orleans, LOL. I wasn't ready then to move my life to GA but I'm ready now so it was perfect. She was ecstatic, I was ecstatic, Mich was crying, I was crying. It was awesome! My life just shifted but in the most awesome way.

Jenna joined us for dinner a little late and turns out that the Harlequin party was at the Ritz. Good thing we know people because we would have been trying to crash a party at the Marriott that wasn't happening. It must have been the fact that we were all dressed up or it could have been because we were walking in with Jenna but it was easy to get into the party. I was actually a little sad I was so full from my wonderful dinner because not only was there an open bar but there was food and it was calling my name. Too bad I couldn't answer the call. What I could do was dance and that's what we did all night long. We closed the place down. It was so awesome to look around the room and see so many authors just getting their groove on. I mean, it's Nora Roberts getting her groove on!Lina and I had to pause in the dancing to get a pic with her! Then of course, there's the Asian sammich. We have the triple Asian and the cracker sammich. The cracker is Pamela Clare and the other Asian is Gennita Low (Jenna) and of course, my partner in crime was my fellow whore, I mean book whore, Su.
And I have to share this pic of Mich and Linda and I, we danced our asses off that night (yeah, unfortunately my butt is still there, LOL). Look at all that thigh I am showing! Good thing I decided to wear underwear, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

I just showed my mom the picture of you and Norah Roberts and she was impressed. I tried to excite her with all of our favoites but she doesnt read them - "to sexy"in her words. But when I showed her Norah she was really impressed. Way to go girl!

Leiha said...

Wow, we impressed your mom, LOL. Yeah, Nora is the name most people recognize and while it was cool to meet her I was more impressed to meet our authors, LOL.

Leiha said...

WHAT?!?!?! You have an ARC of her next book? Well crap, LOL! You and your sources, LOL. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I also want to know about the woman in the restroom. I think you just want to make sure I answer your calls from now on, LOL.

hornblower said...

Hey, Smart Bitches are looking for people who were at that party to confirm a rumour - check it out here
http://www.smartbitchestrashybooks.com/index.php/weblog/been_misbehaving/

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »