The Emmys

I watched the Emmys tonight, I love awards shows. My favorite is the Golden Globes, I'm always trying to figure out how to get there but since it's hosted by the Foreign Press and it's so small I haven't had any luck. But I have been to the Emmys and I have met Conan O'Brian.

I worked at the Museum of tv and radio for 8 years. The first few years I worked there I followed the rules a bit more then the last few years, LOL. We did an Evening with Conan the fist TV festival I worked. I had been at the museum about 6 months. My co-worker who started the same day I did LOVED Conan so we went to go see him. Afterwards we went up to him in the greenroom although that was a big no no but she was such a huge fan that we did it anyway. OK, guess I didn't follow the rules but I didn't take a picture. I know! I'm totally bummed at that. Conan was incredibly nice. He was funny and sweet and he would have stood there talking to us all night. In fact, our boss told us to stop talking to him so he would leave because they wanted to leave so unfortunately we had to say goodbye. We saw Conan again in the garage driving out. He stopped and he petted his BMW convertible sports car and says, "you like?" and my friend answered "rental?" He growled and drove off. It was hilarious. I have always been a fan of his since because he was friendly and genuine and talked to everyone (unlike Andy Richter). I thought Conan did awesome tonight and I'm happy for him.

I can't remember which year I went to the Emmys but it was the most boring Emmys ever! It was hosted by David Hyde Pierce and Jenna Elfman. I had a former co-worker who worked for the television academy and I went as his date. We had nose bleeds seats which I didn't mind. We were in the Shrine Auditorium which is beautiful. I had a great time just looking around. For some reason, if you're not a celeb you don't get to walk down the red carpet, we had a separate entrance, LOL. The Emmys were boring but I did love going to the Governor's Ball. That is when I could walk among the celebs. I actually was a big fan of Camryn Manheim so we walked around looking for her. My friend even asked her co-workers were Cam was, their reactions were funny. I finally found her and just yelled out her name and opened my arms and she yelled and gave me a big hug. She was awesome.I also got my picture taken with Chris Rock but that was not a positive experience. He stopped, let me take a pic and left. Never said a word to me. Is it too much to say hi or anything? I don't actually approach a lot of people so it was disappointing. I don't even have a copy of that pic, I sent it to my sister. But it was fun to walk around and look at everyone.

I think I am more a fan of the Emmys then the Oscars because I watch a lot of tv but not a lot of movies. Tonight, I was happy to see The Office win (although I would have loved to see Scrubs win). But while it was an entertaining show (the bob newhart bit was fun) not a lot of entertaining speeches. I liked the director who picked people to not thank. That was the best acceptance speech of the night. I always love it when they either make me laugh or cry and no one made me cry tonight. Oh well, if I need a good cry I can always go slice an onion.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Well now I know not to check your blog in the middle of a show I am watching! Really they keep saying it is live and I was wondering if they meant taped live because otherwise the east coast would be up till 2 am to watch the award shows.
Leiha I am disapointed, the picture with Cameron is nice but my favorite picture of the evening was the one of the bathroom. (or maybe that was a diffrent awards show??)

NancyB said...

Oh - Just one more thing - I thought that Izzy from Grey's Anatomy (I don't know her real name)looked incredable. She reminded me of that movie star from South Africa - You know the woman who's dad cried when she won the Oscar.
Do you all ever ask yourselves why Leiha doesnt pull out her hair when having a conversation like the one above with me? Thats why I am lucky to have her :)

Leiha said...

That bathroom pic you are thinking of was from the Beverly Hilton Hotel and it was one of the museum's Galas.

I agree, Katherine Heigl looked great. You're thinking of Charlize Theron, I guess she had that luminescent quality that Charlize sometimes has. Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh (both from Grey's) I though looked bad. I really can't think of a lot of people that blew me away.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Conan-he's hilarious! I don't catch his show that much but when I do I am laughing all the way through it. I especially liked last year when he was making fun of the way Donald Trump fired people on The Apprentice.He has so many good running jokes.You are so lucky to have met so many celebs while you worked there,Leiha! Although that sucks about Chris Rock-it only takes a minute to say hi & thank you to someone and ask their name.I haven't watched an awards show in years.I used to be religious about watching the oscars and the American Music Awards,oh well. *G*

Bo

Leiha said...

I don't watch Conan much either, he's on too late for me, if I'm up that late I'm reading, LOL. But I do love him.