Check in time

Nancy wants me to check in, mainly so I can read her wonderful posts in my stead, LOL. I am about half an hour away from St Louis, I slept in my car last night, mainly because I was so far behind on my trip and also because I haven't been sleeping well so i didn't feel like wasting my money and my body, being the contrary thing it is, slept great. I only planned on sleeping an hour or two but I slept for almost 4 hours, which is what I slept the night before in the hotel. I awoke a bit groggy so I bought me a frappacino at the truck stop. I am not a coddee drinker but this isnt' really coffee, more sugar then anything but it didn't help so since it was raining I pulled over after an hour and a half and went back to sleep for another hour, I swear, I've gotten the best sleep of my trip in this car!

When I woke up the first time this morning I was closer to the border then I thought so I finally got out of Nebraska! I was only in Iowa for a tiny bit before I hit Missouri which I have been driving in all day. Isn't Neb. the Cornhuskers? I did not see an ear of corn while I was there yet driving through MO there are fields and fields of corn, the show me state is showing me lots of corn (nancy says I have too much time on my hands coming up with this stuff, LOL). MO is also fond of their fireworks. They sell them everywhere. I would hate to live close to someone who buys all of these fireworks (which would be my brother, he loves them!).

When I awoke the second time this morning I went in to get me something to eat and drink in the truck stop and I smiled at some old fart when I went inside. He was there when I left so i said bye and he asked where I was going. I said GA and he said if he had the time he would go with me. Did I mention the motel I stayed in the previous night did not have shampoo and I am out? I look likt sh*t. Just goes to show you, some people have no standards (and I must not have been upwind of him).

I have about 650 miles to go on my trip so I'm hoping/planning on getting into Atlanta late tonight. Hopefully I can get through St Louis before rush hour. Did you know I will be going through my old stomping grounds? I used to live across the river from St Louis in Granite City, IL. Went to HS there. Too bad I didn't keep in contact with anyone. I could sure use a shower. I also looked at the map to what was comng up and I will be driving through Clarkesville, TN. Another old stomoing ground. Went 2nd-5th grade there. My best friends were Bahavna Patel and Jodie Gillis, we met in 3rd grade. We were the smart girls (as if there was any doubt). I loved 3rd grade. Had the best teacher ever. It was her first year as a teacher, Ms. Webb. We used to do contests and games all of the time, you know I loved that. A lot of them we were matched up by height, girls against boys. Guess who went first a lot?

There's my trip through memory lane. A long time ago when I was in the Army I drove through Clarkesville, it was a pretty white trash rundown town. Very different from my childhood memories. You can't go back. I will post here once I get in. Hopefully, I won't be too late, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Go Leiha Go!