Well the diet lasted a day, LOL

I am just not a diet kind of girl. Dao had to go to Buford and asked if I wanted to go, I said no but of course changed my mind, LOL. I've decided instead of dieting I'll work on portion control. I only ate half of my soup for lunch and then only half of my sandwhich for dinner. You know I wanted to eat the rest of the soup and the rest of the sandwhich, LOL. Of course, it wasn't all wine and roses, we were at a Vietnamese restaurant that we've become friends with the owner so since it was slow she sat down and chatted with us and then she pulled out butter and sugar coated baked bread thinly sliced and of course I had to eat a couple of pieces, I'm weak, damn it! But I didn't eat as much as I normally would have, LOL.

I finally got around to using my swiffer wet jet. It took me awhile to get my place vacuumed because I was trying to do it during commercial breaks so 2 hours later I finally mopped. I have to say, it's quite convenient and the spray works great. Does it clean as well as a regular mop? No, but that could be because my floor needed to be mopped so badly, LOL. I have to say, the swiffer wet jet gets my thumbs up.

Dancing With the Stars was a nail biter tonight. So happy that Joey made it, so nervous that Apolo wasn't going to make it. It would have been awful if he wasn't in the finals. I thought Ian and Cheryle were a class act. He did have the lowest score so I thought it was very fair.

I didn't make it to the gym tonight. My neighbor cancelled and while I could have worked out myself I am sore from my walk yesterday (my hips, shins and blisters on my ankles, LOL) I walked for longer then I should have apparently, that and old age. Good thing tomorrow is another day!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

I think portion control is MUCH easier than trying to eat stuff you don't like and/or denying yourself things you crave.I've done that a few years ago & it really does work.Cutting out soda will help a lot,if you drink soda.In the past I've cut out deep fried foods and most cheesy stuff for a few months & that worked,too.Too bad all the best tasting stuff is the worst,huh? *G*

Hooray about the Swiffer,now that I have an endorsement from you I will be getting one soon,LOL.I am not into mopping at all (is anyone?)but my kitchen,dining room and hallway are all hardwood floors so I have to do something.

Nes said...

LMFAO! Sorry to laugh chick, I wasn't laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you.

For someone who loves food as much as you do, dieting is not a good solution me thinks. That portion control is a good idea though.

What used to work for me was 5 small meals spread out during the day. And of course exercise. You can't lose those calories you're putting in if you don't move.

I don't mop the floors, like Bo, we have hardwood floors, but I hate mopping. Our housekeeper does that for us, thank goodness.

And chick! How can you be sore from walking?!?

Anyways, guess what I did last night? I actually watched TV! Watched the search for the new pussycat doll. LOL.

We have Dancing with the Stars here too, but they are the local celebs and to tell you honestly, I wouldn't know who the celeb is or the real dancer. Heh.

Leiha said...

I actually was working on portion control in the fall and it went well, for a little bit, LOL. I was starving in the middle of the night but I'm sure my poor tummy will adjust.

I don't drink soda or really a lot of fried foods (other then my fried chicken, LOL) but I like a lot of food, that is my downfall.

Amen on the mopping chick. Thank goodness I have dark wood, my apt in LA was light wood and I had to mop all the time. I forgot to mention it also has a scrub brush on it which is a definite plus and much needed, LOL.

That's ok chick, I fully expected you to laugh at err with me, LOL. I am laughing at myself!

I do move, from my bedroom to my living room from the living room to the bathroom, LOL.

I get sore easily! I'm a delicate flower!

Wow, you watched tv! Hope you're feeling well *G*.

Nes said...

I know! I'm going to watch TV again tonight after I make the meatballs and pack.

I didn't know I was watching a re-run last night. LOL. So there I was telling my co-workers what I watched and they told me that the final is tonight. Heh! I know who's gonna win anyways, I googled it. *slaps forehead*

Leiha said...

LOL, if you're watching the American version of the Pussycats and I guess there isn't another version out there then yes, it's already over. I watched the show and was not happy with the winner. Yummm meatballs! Make sure you take a big fat pic of them for Su and I, LOL. I do enjoy my meat in ball form, EG!

Melissa said...

I agree with portion control, too. I have always ate more, smaller meals throughout the day. Well, not exactly meals I don't guess. I eat little meals, and have snacks in between. Not healthy snacks though, hence my fat butt. But my top half is slim, lol.

I hope the wetjet is better than the regular swiffers. The dry ones never did anything for me but shove the dirt around. I bought some wet ones at the dollar store the other day, thinking wet might pick up the stuff, but they don't work much better.

Rosie said...

Can I be honest here? When I read your headline, I almost spit out my soda due to laughing. But, like Nes, it's laughing with you!! LOL.

I agree on the portion control. It's way easier to do that than actually try and diet. I've taken that route lately and it seems to work. Of course, if I'd get off my heiny and workout then it would work even better. LOL

Glad to hear the swiffer did the job. Mark hates mine (but I don't have the battery operated one). He believes the only way to get a good clean floor is to do it on your hands and knees. Yep, he can do it if he wants. *G*

Hugs and smooches!

Leiha said...

Missi, you can't talk to me about portion control, you don't like food, LOL. As for the swiffer, I vacuum up the dirt first so it's mainly to wet the floors more then anything. The dry one didn't blow me away either.

One day is the going rate for me and diets, LOL. If I stayed home it would be easier, it's when I leave the house I'm in trouble!

Mark can scrub on his hands and knees as much as he likes, I'm sticking with the swiffer, LOL.