I is tired...

Nothing new there, LOL. I'm also way behind on my tv shows. The good thing is while I'm on my cruise all of my shows will be on hiatus. I am 2 episodes behind on Greys, 1 ep behind on Heroes, 1 on Lost, 1 on Survivor, guess you know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Last night I noticed my computer was not fully charged even though I had it plugged in. I look down and my power adapter had fried, arghhhh! I replaced one from my last puter but that was a few years old, this one was not. So I had to minimise my computer time last night and today until I could get to the mall which wasn't til this evening. I was all prepared for them to put up a fuss when I went in to get my cable replaced for free (they run about $80) but I had no problems, thank goodness. I don't like to bring out Hardass unless I have to, LOL.

While at the mall I noticed that Waldenbooks is going out of business so all of their books are 25% off. Can you believe I could only think of one book I wanted, JD Robb's Born in Death. I feel like I haven't read a Robb in forever. I think it's been close to a year and considering I'm used to reading them every 6 months that's a long time for no Roarke. When I lived in LA I used to get my books from the library and in OR I'd read Linda's. La Nora doesn't need my money, I need it more, LOL. So I had to wait for Born to come out in paperback so now I can get on the every 6 month track again.

I saw Linda Howard's latest category there but I haven't heard ANYONE talk about it. Have any of you read it? What do you think? I have a couple of Nocturne books (harlequins paranormals) but haven't read them yet. Usually when Linda Howard has a new book out people talk about it and I can't waste my hard earned money on a dud, that money is earmarked for food. So I'd love to hear what you think.The store will be open for a couple of more weeks. I'm not the type to wander the bookstore. I usually go in looking for specific books so give me ideas on what to look for.

Also, wanted to let you know I'm a 100% cured! I guess I should stop eating everything in sight now, those calories actually count, LOL. Plus, I'll be in my bathing suit soon. On Monday I'm going to really go into lockdown but can't start til then because BAM and I have a date with an all you can eat Korean buffet on Sunday, woot woot! Might as well make my last meal a good one, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

sparkle said...

Leiha,

About time you got a JD Robb, you are still one behind!! With another looming on the Horizon! I have the new Linda Howard, but have not read it yet. I'll let you know!!

LOST was great! Can't wait to talk about it!

Nes said...

Okay, what's the new Howard called? Y'all know what a Howard fan I am!

Hey chick, that sucks that your adapter got fried again. Is that like SOP for a Mac? Why don't you buy or try to get one free as an extra. I have two adapters. When the first one was kaput, I called the helpdesk and they said they're sending me a new one but it would take a week. So I went to the store where I bought my notebook and they gave me an adapter for free. Meanwhile the other one was on it's way... so now I've got two! *big grin*

Glad to hear you're 100% again. All is good in the food world. Supermarkets and restaurants should all have banners with: Welcome Back Leiha! LOL!

Have fun with Brenda on Sunday. Enjoy your food shopping and your eating binge.

Love you! MWAH!

J said...

I am glad to hear you are all better, and even happier to hear you are going on a cruise!
Did you warn F and B to get in extra supplies? LOL! You don't want to be out on the water and they run outta stuff.

Have a great time, J xx

Brenda said...

I've been on a JD Robb kick since Easter. (I nabbed all my dad's) I'll bring 'em on Sunday and you can borrow any you haven't read yet.
I'm glad you were able to get your adapter for free without having to get your can of WhupAss out. I had no idea they were that expensive.
FYI: Brian's buying Chuck her own laptop computer for her birthday next week. Shhhhhh. (Can we say "spoiled rotten"?) LOL!
She'll be e-mailing you before you know it. I'm going to keep your blog a secret from her. At least I'll try!

Sunday's not getting here quick enough! I'm looking forward to it.
;o)

Leiha said...

I know I'm going to want the last one after I read Born but I'll try to wait, I do have other books to read, LOL.

I will try to watch Lost soon.

The new Howrd is a paranormal chick. It's called Raintree. It'll be interesting to see what people think. As for the power adapter, yeah, it seems to be a problem with the macs. I is none too happy about it. I think the restaurants definitely should throw a party in my honor, althugh being sick didn't stop me from eating out, I just got it to go, LOL.

It won't be pretty if they run out of either with Su and I there, LOL.

Brenda, I'm pretty much caught up on the Robbs, I was only 2 books behind and now I'm only 1 but thank you. You know what I will be looking for on Sunday, LOL.

That Chuck as daddy wrapped around her little fingers, LOL. Yes, I will expect emails and definitely hide my blog address, she has a few more years before she learns about Swinging Dick's! Can you imagine her asking Brian about it?

Anonymous said...

I have the new Linda Howard book and am taking it with me to the lake this weekend. I have read the first chapter and so far so good! I'll let you know how it is! I am glad you are back to 100%!

Melissa said...

At least it was the adaptor and not part of the laptop that screwed up. I still haven't gotten ours back from repair yet.

Haven't read Linda Howard, so, dunno.

I wonder if I'm behind on the Robb books? Guess I need to check into it.

I booked my cruise today.
We'll be at Grand Turk on Thanksgiving day. Ain't that funny?

Leiha said...

Have a great weekend on the lake Sheila! Please let me know what you think about the howard.

That's cool Missi! I love how you take so many vacations with your family. I can't think of one vacation my family did together. Then again, there were 9 kids, LOL.

Rosie said...

Girl, you're still way ahead of me on the Robb's. I don't know that I'll ever catch up! LOL.

Have fun chilling and catching up on the TV shows. That's exactly what I'll be doing too. I just finished watching the last of Jericho and really hope that one comes back. It's nice to look at a grungy Skeet Ulrich every week. *G*

I'm glad you're at 100% for eating capacity again. You'll need it at the buffet. Mmm, sounds good right now (I'm so hungry).

Have a fun weekend!!!

Hugs and smooches!!

Leiha said...

I jumped on the Robb bandwagon a few years back, the later you discover her the harder it is to catch up, she has done a wonderful job of sustaining the story.

I hope that you have a great weekend with the fam!