All filler, no thriller!

Could the ending of Dancing with the Stars drag out any longer? By the time the end came I didn't really care who won, I just wanted to know! 2 hours is way too long for a finale to this show. Really for any reality show they only need to be a half an hour, just tell me who won, LOL. OK, if you haven't watched the show, do not read the next paragraph! You have been warned.

I have to say, as much as I wanted Joey to win I can't be too upset that Apolo won, he was a great dancer. I do think he was overscored yesterday but still, he and Juliana were fantastic throughout the series. I thought Apolo was a gracious winner and Joey a gracious loser and they both really made this series very enjoyable. It was nice to see the best 2 dancers in the finals.

My eyebrows look great. It's been while and Sadat had a forest to deal with. It's amazing what a good brow job can do for a girl!

So Su suggested I read the FAQ before the cruise and you know the first thing I honed in on was the MENU! I know it's long but I thought I would share with you my dinner options. Remember there is foor available 24 hours a day, this is just the dinner menu. I'm coming back fat and happy, LOL. I'm already trying to figure out what to order for dinner, it's all about being prepared *G*.

Dinner Menu - Day 1

Starters and Salads
SC Tropical Fruits Marinated with Lime Juice and a Touch of Tequila
Hickory-Smoked Alaskan Salmon
Grilled Satay of Chicken Tenderloin
Beef and Barley Soup With Diced Root Vegetables
Crema Di Funghi Selvatica
SC Gazpacho Andalouse
Mixed Garden and Field Greens
SC Hearts of Romaine Lettuce with Cherry Tomatoes

Main Courses
Ziti with Italian Sausage, Assorted Bell Peppers and Fresh Mushrooms
SC Catch of the Day: Broiled Fillet of Market-Fresh Fish
Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Supreme of Chicken A La Greque
Rack of New Zealand Spring Lamb Dijonnaise
Grilled, Aged New York Sirloin Steak with Three Peppercorn Sauce
V Madras-Style Vegetable Curry

Desserts and Cheeses
SC Orange Cake
Guava Cheese Napoleon
Decadence of Chocolate
Black Forest Gateau
Ice Cream - Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Butter Pecan
Sherbet - Orange, Pineapple, Lime
Cheeses - Port Salut, Brie, Gouda, Imported Swiss, Danish Bleu

Dinner Menu - Day 2

Starters and Salads
SC Fantasy of Tropical Fruit Berries
Mississippi Delta Prawns
Ragout of Wild Mushrooms
NS West Indian Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Strawberry Bisque
Mixed Garden and Field Greens
Caesar Salad

Main Courses
Trennette Putanesca
Ancho Honey-Basted Fillet of Fresh Pacific Salmon
Broiled Lobster Tail with Melted Butter
SC Whole Roasted Quail Filled with a Delicate Herb Stuffing
Tamarind-Rubbed, Tender Roasted Prime Rib of American Beef Au Jus
V Grilled Brochettes of Fresh Garden Vegetables

Desserts and Cheeses
SC Banana Gateau
Swedish Almond Chocolate Cake
Passion Fruit Indulgence
Cherries Jubilee
Ice Cream - Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Butter Pecan
Sherbet - Orange, Pineapple, Lime
Cheeses - Port Salut, Brie, Gouda, Imported Swiss, Danish Bleu

Dinner Menu - Day 3

Starters and Salads
SC Prosciutto and Melon
Tender Hearts of Tropical Palm and California Artichokes
Lobster Bisque
Escargots Bourguignonne
Black Bean Soup
Chilled Cucumber Soup
Mixed Garden and Field Greens
SC Hearts of Iceberg Lettuce

Main Courses
Penne Mariscos
SC Broiled Fillet of Chilean Sea Bass with Truffle Butter
Grilled Paillard of Young Turkey Harlequin
Jerked Pork Loin
Roast Leg of New England Spring Lamb with a Rosemary Reduction
Grilled New York Sirloin Steak from Aged American Beef, Marchand de Vin
V Baked Herb Polenta

Desserts and Cheeses
SC Marbled Kahlua Cheesecake
Key Lime Pie
Chocolate Souffle
Ice Cream - Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Butter Pecan
Sherbet - Orange, Pineapple, Lime
Cheeses - Port Salut, Brie, Gouda, Imported Swiss, Danish Bleu

Dinner Menu - Day 4

Starters and Salads
SC Grilled Baby Vegetables
Cherrywood-Smoked Breast of Long Island Duckling
Duet of Gratinated Mussels and Shrimp Provencale
SC Cream of Sun-Ripened Tomatoes with a Touch of Gin
Won Ton Soup
Chilled Cream of Lyches
Mixed Garden and Field Greens
Hearts of California Artichokes, Vine-Ripened Tomatoes, Fennel Roots

Main Courses
Farfalle with Smoked Turkey Tenderloin and Green Asparagus Tips
Pan-Seared Fillet of Sole Meuniere
Black Tiger Shrimp and Sliced Heart of Leeks in California Chardonnay Crea
Broiled Cornish Game Hen with Black Cherry Salsa
SC Grilled Center-Cut Chop of Milk-Fed Wisconsin Veal
Tenderloin of Beef Wellington
V Black Bean and Vegetable Enchiladas

Desserts and Cheeses
SC Coconut Cake
Old Fashioned Apple Pie
Tiramisu
Chocolate Tres-Leches
Ice Cream - Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Butter Pecan
Sherbet - Orange, Pineapple, Lime
Cheeses - Port Salut, Brie, Gouda, Imported Swiss, Danish Bleu
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

OMG,it all looks sooo good! Fancy cheese,yum! Are you taking requests? If so,could you please try the marbled Kahlua cheesecake on day 3,and maybe the Broiled Fillet of Chilean Sea Bass with Truffle Butter.I would also like the Grilled, Aged New York Sirloin Steak with Three Peppercorn Sauce for day 1 and the Hickory-Smoked Alaskan Salmon!

We'll help you prepare,just let your Mannions decide,EG!

That really is an impressive menu.Even if they offered only corn flakes for breakfast & grilled cheese sammies for lunch, the dinner would make up for it,LOL.

Eat like a Ghlutton & party like a Pohrnstahr,baby! *G*

Brenda said...

Is it too late for me to sign up???
Lobster, escargot, New York Strip, Prime Rib, smoked salmon....What are you going to choose?
Every where you walk during the day, you'll find some kind of food station, ice-cream or dessert station. Midnight Buffet. Gotta go to at least one.
Flirt like hell with your wait staff, you might get that extra lobster tail. ;o)
Enjoy!

Nes said...

LOL! It's so you to study the menu! They all look great chick!

You and Su are going to have a blast!

NancyB said...

Thanks alot, I just got to work - my stomach is eating itself from the inside out... and you know I had to read every dish served! You are going to have so much fun - I cant wait to hear all about it. Any chance these are buffets so you can try a little of everything?

Leiha said...

I think the kahlua cheesecake may be too heavy for me but I think I'm going with the Sirloin steak and Salmon on day 1 and of course will let you know what I think. I know you'r eating for 2 but I'm eating for 20, LOL.

Love your mottoe BO! I will definitely be living up to those words!

Brenda, come on down! Did you see Lobster and prime rib are on the same night? I am going to have to wear something boobalicious and hope I have a male server because I am going to need both! It's like Sofie's Choice!

One midnight buffet? Brenda, do you not know me? Su and I will be at every midnight buffet, LOL.

Some people fantasize about the beach, I fantasize about the food, LOL.

The sit down dinners are not buffets which is prolly a good thing. YOu know I would eat til I hurt then wouldn't be able to go dancing (although I would pull myself together for the midnight buffet, LOL). Remember what Arturo said, you need to eat more food!

Rosie said...

Wow, the food, the food, the food. Amazing menu and I know you and Su will be in hog heaven for at least dinner. I'm sure the rest of the food will be awesome too.

I was disappointed that Joey didn't win too, but Apollo was a fair choice. They were both great contenders and deserved 1st and 2nd places.

Lost tonight, baby!!!

Hugs and smooches!

Brenda said...

I forget that you stay up much later than i do. I only made it to a single Midnight Buffet and that was because Brian drug me there.
I keep going back and reading your menus. I'm going to be overeating tonight. Mmmmm!

Leiha said...

Rosie, I can't wait to find out what you thought of Lost.

Yup, I'm all over the midnight buffet! It's all about the 4th meal, LOL. We won't be going to be til hours after that, we may need a 5th meal EG!