Change of plans...

So I was planning on going to RWA this year, mainly because it was in Dallas and not too far from Su. Well we planned on going but we did nothing about getting a hotel, LOL. Now the hotel that it's in is sold out and unless you're going to the conference the backup hotel is PRICEY so Su suggested a change of venue. For that kind of money she'd rather do a carribean cruise and what did I think of that? I thought, hell yeah! So while I will miss seeing some wonderful authors I will console myself sipping pin coladas, working on my tan while wearing a skimpy bikini, LOL.

I don't know if you noticed but I added a search engine to my blog. This way if you would like to look up some of my older words of wisdom you can easily find it but more importantly, it will make it easier for you to find my perfect summertime salad, my cucumber salad recipe, LOL. You're welcome BAM!

I have to say, I'm almost ready to take my stand up routine on the road. I had so many booklets that I was at the window of my local post office for over 20 minutes and you know I must keep them entertained. I was telling them today all about Swinging Dicks, well that conversation was done with a lot of whispers and lots of laughter. She had never heard of it so of course I had to enlighten her. I told her we should go for our company Christmas party to celebrate the birth of Jesus, LMAO. She told me to go to someone else's window next time, LOL. I had her covering her face in laughter the whole convo. Now you see why they wave to me when I'm in line, EG!

I just started watching the Gilmore Girls last year but I must say I'm sad to see it go. Today was the 2nd to the last ep and I teared up 3 times! I cried when Rory's grandparents were singing her an awful song. I'm such a sap, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

12 Mannions Speak :

Halia & Madie said...

OMG..we're 1st to post!
Bummer..I know you'll be missing all the fun! Maybe they should book Vegas next time like around April LMAO!
We're going to "Lei Day" this weekend...we'll send you FOOD pictures and looking for a LEI for you as well ;)

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your cruise!

I LOVE Gilmore Girls! I've been watching since it started and unfortunately it's not as good the last 2 seasons. But still, I love the characters and it's sad to see it go. I cried all during the graduation and while I'm glad Rory didn't accept Logan's proposal, I was sad when she said no to him.

sparkle said...

Leiha,

Glad that you can make your co-workers laugh!!! I think that it is a great idea to have your party at SD!

RWA will never be the same without....Free Books????? Where?? Where? I know that I will miss it as well!

Brenda said...

The USPS should add you to their payroll for comic relief. Keeping your 'co-workers' morale up is an important job. LOL!
I'm going to have to try Swinging Dicks sometime. I feel like I'm missing out every time you talk about it. Napping first is key, right?
Thank You for adding a search engine!!!! I'm off to find the cuke salad recipe.
Muah!

Brenda said...

AND a CRUISE????
Take lots of pictures....what am I saying? Of course you will!

Nes said...

LOL! It's in July last year. I happened to know that because she was here last year and made it. And I made a couple of weeks ago and needed the recipe.

Bummer you aren't going chick, but the cruise sounds more exciting.

*waves to Halia and Madie* Oy, Kamusta?!?

Leiha said...

LMAO over the fact that you two are blogging together! Love the pic and it's about time you got your asses here! I want food pics and I want a lay, oh, did I spell that wrong, no I did not, EG! Have a great weekend chicks and I totally want to hear details (about the food, LOL).

Thanks Sara! I have done a day cruise to the Bahamas once so it'll be fun to go on one for few days but I'll need to buy some dramamine. I think the contest movement may get to me. On the day cruise I was drunk by 10am since they started serving alcohol as soon as we departed so I'll have to learn to better pace myself, LOL.

I thought Rory showed so much emotion last night and Lorelai's face while Rory was graduation, priceless! I can't believe Logan wouldn't even try. I'm glad Rory said no too.

I figure I'll eventually wear the girls down, LOL. I still have all of my books from last year to read, su and I were book whores, imagine that! Its a bummer we can't go this year but there is always next. We want to give the authors something to look forward to, LOL.

Yeah, I should at least get a discount on my postage, LOL. I definitely think we need a trip to Dick's! Grab Annette, I'm game whenever, LOL.

Of course there will be tons of pictures.... of me!

I spent last night surfing cruise message boards so yeah, I am excited about it. Gave Nancy a call and trying to talk her into going, time to pinch pennies, LOL.

Melissa said...

Cool about the cruise Leiha!
I am busy researching our next one now.

We're planning to go on a 7 night one over Thanksgiving week to somewhere like San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten maybe or Grand Turk. We're still deciding between the two ships.
Then we might take a short one and go back to the Bahamas again next February, like this past February, just to get away during the winter.

I spend alot of time at the cruise message boards, too. Mainly cruisecritic.com - not sure why I landed there more than the others - I used to be at cruise-addicts more often. Don't know why I changed.

I've only ever cruised Carnival, so I don't know alot about the other ships. From what I gather, they pretty much run pretty close the same way. I can tell you what I know, if you want to know anything.

Rosie said...

Hmph, I wanna go on a cruise too!! I was actually thinking of doing the Beaches vacation - it's Sandals, but for families. All inclusive and all that jazz. I'm all about the beach life!! You are gonna have a blast on the cruise!!

Thanks for the search engine. Now I can search for the yummy recipes you have included. *G*

I think you need to have a Christmas party for your postal worker friends. They'd love it, especially with the karaoke machine. LOL.

I've been a fan of Gilmore Girls since day one and I really was sad that it didn't get just one more year. And, get this, I actually missed the last episode! I completely spaced it. So, did Luke and Lorelai end up together???

Hugs and smooches!

KMM Admin said...

LOL funny the two sites you mentioned were the ones I was surfing last night. Thanks for the offer Missi but Su is actually a cruising pro, so to speak, LOL and she's taken care of the details. In fact, we're booked and ready to go.

I have yet to do an all inclusive! I totally plan on doing one one of these days but I'll go to one that is not family friendly to see what mischief I can get into, EG! I hope you get to take your all inclusive soon. Maybe you should ditch the boys and come with me!

There is still one more ep left Rosie so you have to tune in next week!

Pamela Clare said...

Oh, no! Waaaaaaah!

I was so looking forward to seeing you and to getting it on with Su on the dance floor. I think I'm going to cry. :-(

Well, Dallas isn't that far from Su, so maybe she can come crash in my room (I got two beds) and party anyway...

P.C. (weeping)

Leiha said...

I'm sorry PC! I swear, when we made this decision we did discuss whether you and Jenna would kill us, LOL. I am sure you can woo Su your way. She's very swayable. Hold a drink under her nose or a steak!