I did it!

I finally got my lazy ass out and went walking today! It's been awhile. I live in a great area where people are walking or jogging all day long, of course, I was the only one walking with my purse, LOL. The only way I could motivate myself was to walk to the mall to buy my sister's bday present, a gift card, LOL. As i was walking down my street I noticed that there are a ton of houses for sale. One of them actually had a flyer so I looked at it and the house is over a million dollars! The house is nice but dayam, a million here buys you a 4 bedroom house, it's not even a mansion. It's location, location, location! Guess I won't be looking to buy in this area, LOL.

I also turned down a cinammon roll today. I know, can you believe it? I was chatting with one of the postal workers who was on his lunch break and he offered me one and I was strong and said no. It's a good thing I did because I went to Filene's Basement (similar to a Loehman's) and tried on dresses and they did not have a magic mirror! I almost thought it was a funhouse mirror but I looked pretty decent in my undies, LOL.

I made plans to go workout with my neighbor but I I had to schedule it around my tv schedule. She wanted to go at 7 but then that would have meant I would be on the way home in the middle of Gilmore Girls and this is the series finale so that was unacceptable so I will be sweating away on the elliptical trying not to cry. Whether I'm crying from being on the elliptical or from GG has yet to be seen.

I also spent the day looking at shore excursions for our cruise. Are you surprised that the two I liked best in Key West were eating and drinking tours? The Cozumel one I'm hoping to do a race. Of course it would not be a foot race, LOL. It's sort of like a scavenger hunt. I'm picturing it as sort of a miniature version of the amazing race. That would be fun. It was hard to pick only 2 I liked so I gave Su 4 or 5 excursions to pick from.

I noticed while walking how white I am. It's not pretty so I bought some suntan oil and will try to get some sun over the next few days, Of course, now it's supposed to cool off, grrr! My plan is to lie out on the picnic table outside, we don't have much in the way of a yard, I hope the neighbors don't mind, LOL.

I also bought the new Loretta Chase, another read for my cruise. I think I'm stocked for it! Now to find the dress. Since I hace plans to go to the gym tomorrow I guess I'll wait til Wed to walk to Nordstrom's. I don't want to overdue it, LOL.

I also stretched tonight for the first time in a long time. I will try to make this more of a daily thing. My hips hurt when I walk, not when I'm walking around the mall but when I'm striding, or rather, my version of a stride. Lina says it's either the shoes or lack of stretching so I am going to buy new shoes and start stretching more. I also bought some joint medicine but havent started taking it yet because I bought it when I was sick so I'll start that tomorrow.

Wow, what an action packed day! No wonder I'm tired.

BTW, is anyone else following Dancing with the Stars? Tonight's episode had so many freaking 10s, it was awesome. Everyone really stepped up their game. Out of 4 dancers dancing 2 dances, there were 6 perfect scores of 30 and the lowest score of the night was 28. I really want Joey to win and he was in the bottom two last week so I voted online for him. Heroes was also awesome but I missed a few minutes because I was flipping back and forth between Heroes and Dancing, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

Holy shite,and I thought the houses were getting pricey here! Last Halloween some people walking behind us checked out the flyer on one of the houses we had just left,and says to his wife,'Hey,look,this one's actually affordable!' The damn house was like $474,000!I nearly choked.Not a huge house,either.If & when you do buy,don't add up all the rent money you've spent in the last year.It's depressing as hell,LOL.

I love cinammon rolls-there is a yummy bakery here in town that makes them so big,you could eat just half & still be sick from all the icing.Delicious *G*

I can totally picture you & Su doing a scavenger hunt,it sounds so fun! I lived in Key West until I was 4,so I don't remember a thing about it.I have pics,though.

At least you are not pasty-white Casper girl like me,LOL!

sparkle said...

Leiha, I can see you and Su doing the scavenger hunt and then looking for the cameras!!! Of course eating and drinking should be an excursion!! LOL

DWTS - was great, though I thought Apolo and Julianne should have gotten 60, not Laila & Max! I did not like Their "Walk Like an Egytian"! I was glad to see Ian step it up!!!

Nes said...

That scavenger hunt sounds like fun, chick! I like activities like that! LOL.

Wow, you actually turned down a cin.rol? Naaaah, I don't believe that. :P

J said...

Hey honey, don't feel so bad about your white tooshie, I'll send you a pic of my blindingly white ass and you will feel all better. Heh, it'd be like a Bennetton advertisement!

HK real estate is anything but real, so not much shocks me anymore.

That scavenger hunt sounds like fun!
So does a cruise....*sigh*
J xx

Brenda said...

You and Su will kick ass in a scavenger hunt. Wish I could watch that.
Buckhead, where you live, is one of the priciest areas in the state. It's the 'in' place to live right now. Elton John has a penthouse there somewhere. If you see him, tell him I said 'hi'. LOL!

Rosie said...

Geez, and I thought Vegas was overpriced? Shiite, girl, that's a hell of a lot for a 4BR house. My brother-in-law lived in Marietta and said it was pretty reasonable. But that was like 3 years ago.

I'm so proud of you turning down a cinnamon roll. That's awesome! Be sure not to shrink your tummy too much if you are doing a food excusion on the trip. LOL!!

I know GG is going to be so sad tonight. I'm dvr'ing it so I don't blubber in front of my entire family.

The scavenger hunt sounds good. Have you ever thought of trying out for Amazing Race? You've totally got the personality for that show!

Hugs and smooches!!

Melissa said...

I don't know if you're aware, but on the Key West night of your cruise will be Formal dinner night. There will be a Captain's Cocktail party in the theater - the only time you'll get free drinks on the ship.

Not everyone dresses formal, but some people are as formal as evening gowns and tuxedos. So if you were looking for an excuse to do it up, this is it.

If you use the stairs instead of the elevators on the ship you'll burn calories - not to mention get where you're going faster. I rarely ever wait on the elevators, they are slow as Christmas.
Just be careful and don't go rolling down the stairs like my Mom did!

The ship will also have a gym you can use and a running track up top you can wog around and burn off some cals and enjoy the scenery up there.

I don't know where the topless deck will be on that ship. On our frist one it was around the big Carnival tail sticking up thing. We happened to find the steps going up to it accidently. They were blocked off and there was a small sign saying Over 18 Only.

Yep, Buckhead is considered upscale. All around Atlanta is pretty unreasonable (or places you just don't want to live at any price). The further out you go from Atl the cheaper it gets. That's why there's so many commuters. Some people drive 2 hours or better to work in Atlanta.

Leiha said...

I'm used to those prices in LA but was quite surprised to see that practically next door.

I love Cinabbon cinammon rolls, they're so yummy but I almost feel ill afterwards because it's so sweet.

I totally agree with you about DWTS Linda! I'm all about the eating and drinking!

I can't believe I turned down a cinammon roll either! Luckily it was in the bag because I may not have been able to do it otherwise.

Real estate is ridiculous in HK J! I like the tan I had in Europe last year, not too dark and it makes me look a little thinner, LOL. I'll take all the help I can get.

LOL, I'll say hi to Elton for you. I knew I lived in a good area but it still blows my mind to see million dollar homes that aren't mansions.

I got a bit choked up on GG tonight I freely admit, LOL. I just think real estate is ridiculous!

Missi, thanks for all of the cruise info. I need to know important things like lobster night and free booze! I would love a reason to go all out and buy a nice dress but 1, it would take up too much room in my suitcase and 2, I don't want to spend that kind of money right now. As for the working out, it's great in theory but will never happen, LOL.

Melissa said...

Well even if you don't go all out, be sure and go to Formal night dinner anyway. I hear alot of people won't go because they don't have or don't want to take extremely formal clothing, but you won't feel out of place, alot of people don't go extreme formal. You saw my "formal" dress, it wasn't.

Regarding lobster, you know you can order more than one if you want, right?
You can order as much as you want off the dinner menu.
For instance, on lobster night, John ordered steak because on our first cruise, the lobster sucked and he was afraid it would again. My sister, her dh, and Mom ordered lobster. They were going on about how good it was. My sister wanted more, and John was wishing he had ordered lobster.
I kept telling him, order one if you want it, and my sister to order another lobster if she wanted it.
Finally they did, and the waiter was like Sure! and had no problem with fetching them second orders.

I'm sure Su already knows all this stuff, I can't seem to help but to share my knowledge anyway - maybe it's because I have so little knowledge about most things, lol. Thanks for humoring me and listening anyway.

Leiha said...

Missi, I love the tidbits, so share away! I'm just like you and love to share what knowledge I have, LOL. Thanks for the heads up on extra lobster, I do love lobster! I'm totally going to formal night. I'm not worried about dressing up, I'm looking for a cocktail dress this weekend. Hopefully something boobalicious!