To buy or not to buy

So you all know my black dress with stripes is my magic dress. That is the dress I wore Fri night and boy do I wear it well. My question is, should I buy another one in a different color or is it too much?I'm actually leaning more towards the fuschia colored one. Let me know your opionions.

Today I went to Ross and bought another bathing suit, the last one. The orange one was a little tight and since the diet wasn't successful, I doubt I'll be wearing it since the diet was not very successful, LOL. I was looking for new walking shoes and tried Ross and Marshall's but no luck, I may have to pay full price for my workout shoes. Oh the horror!

The good news is I talked to Sarah from New Zealand last night. We had plans to talk and luckily we didn't chat til later on in the day so I had time to recover. We had a fabulous chat. It was good to catch up with her.

I also went to the market today and bought some fresh corn and watermelon. Sad to say the watermelon wasn't very good so I will have to go back and get another one. I take my watermelon seriousley. It's my favorite fruit. One of my favorite eating stories is when Nancy and I were at a seafood buffet with my siblings and she was embarrassed because we ate all of the watermelon. I encourage the kids to get my money's worth! I only boiled one ear of corn because I knew if I cooked two I would eat two!

I spent the weekend playing on NBC.com catching up on Heroes scoop. I read all of their graphic novels. You don't really learn all that much except that Daddy Petrelli and Linderman were in the war together and Linderman saved his life. But when they gave their reports Linderman denied his healing abilities so Daddy was discharged. Later on Linderman got in contact with Daddy again. Can't wait for the Heroes finale but I may have to wait til Tue to watch it since Dancing with the Stars will be on and I don't know if it's one or two hours. Vote for Joey!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

12 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love the red one. Definitely get it.

Sorry I've been MIA so long. Been super busy with kids' year-end stuff. Only a few more weeks of madness. And then, oh yeah, summer's here! Different madness, but usually more fun.

Have fun on your cruise! Give Su a hug for me.

Brenda said...

I posted a wonderful post that didn't show up:
I told you how I love the dress (you should get it), how great you look (of course!), how you do not need to go on a diet because you look great as you are (well, duh), how you should get hoochie-mama shoes and you'll OWN that cruise! And it didn't post, dammit!
Then there was the lamenting that you might have gone to Super H Mart without me to buy your corn and watermelon, I'll live, but waiting until June 8th is tough.
Orders to take pictures of all the ship food...yadda, yadda, yadda.
So, here it is, third-hand I guess.
I have no life, so I must live through you. Show me a good time!!!
Muah!

Bo said...

Red is gorgeous,as are you,so go for it!I really love red these days.I hated it when I was younger,dunno why.

Watermelon is the best! I have to have a salt shaker to eat mine,though,which grosses most people out & I know is very bad for you,LOL.My Dad & I used to take a whole melon,knife,and the salt shaker & sit in a backyard hammock & just devour it when I was little.My Mom was like,ewww! *G* Fresh corn on the cob can't be beat,I have a hard time eating canned corn.Every year they have a corn festival here,about 45 mins from my house,and you get about 3 dozen ears for $2.It is soooo good.Butter the hell out of it,salt & pepper,and taste heaven!

Leiha said...

Hey chick! I've missed you. I'm glad it's only been due to being busy that you haven't been around. I will giv Su a hug for you and she'll probably hump my leg for you, LOL.

I hate when posts or emails get lost! It's hard to recapture the magic. I think I'm going to get the dress thanks to everyone's seal of approval. Thank you for your kind words. I will be working on owning the cruise, LOL. I did not go to Super H without you. I just went to Krogers. I am not willing to brave the elements on a weekend without you, LOL.

I do love red also. It looks great with my coloring and yours too Bo. If a watermelon is good I don't use salt, if it's not, like the one I have now, I totally use salt, it brings out the flavors. The funny thing is I just finished eating some corn on the cob. Sometimes I put salt and pepper on it but not today, just a little fake butter and corn, yum! I used to go to a fair in WA that had corn dripping in butter I loved it.

Rosie said...

Yeahh on the red dress - GET IT!! It will look mahvelous on you, dahling!! That sucks about the shoes though. It's always good to find the deals at Ross!!

I know how you love your watermelon and that sucks that it wasn't up to par. I hate when that happens. Mmm, corn sounds lo good right now. Emeril made a really cool succotash last night that I have to print the recipe for. It had butter beans instead of limas. Of course the kids went ewwww when they saw that. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Love the dress! Forget the diet.

Love the salt on the watermelon too.

L said...

The red is gorgeous, so I say go for it. And screw the diet, you look great anyway.

I love this time of year! The farmer's market stands rock, especially when you can buy the yummy watermelon, cantaloupe, and peaches they picked that morning. I haven't tried salt either, but I have cut a hole in the top of the watermelon and let a bottle of vodka soak in it overnight. Talk about a nice summer treat!

Leiha said...

I love succotash!I've never cooked butter beans, youll have to let me know how it turns out. I hate Emeril's show but love his food.

Sara, I like the way you think, LOL.

I can't ruin a perfectly good watermelon with vodka, LOL. I love fresh fruit! I don't know where any farmers markets are here. I am still bummed about my watermelon, LOL. If i had a farmers market I would have an excellent watermelon right now!

Sarah said...

It was so good to talk to you to chick, and I love the pic of the frock, BUY IT!!

Cannot wait to see the last 2 heroes. Have been saving it, maybe for the weekend!

Leiha said...

Have fun watching it this weekend and yes, it was wonderful catching up with you!

Nes said...

Oh definitely get the red dress! Like Bo, I never used to like red before, but now I do too.

So the orange bikini is a no-go huh? Since the diet didn't work, huh? The diet that lasted, oh, what? A day? BWAHAHAHAHAAH!

Shit, I forgot how much you love watermelon! Wait, I didn't forget, it just slipped my mind and summer is just around the corner so that means you'll be eating watermelon all the time.

Can't wait to see new 'kini, chick!

Leiha said...

You know I love me the watermelon! I thought I would do a watermelon and sushi diet, that lasted one day too, LOL.