Tolerance, what is that?

Of course I am talking about my alcohol tolerance! Yesterday I went to the liquor store and bought some vodka and cranberry juice. I wasn't carded, wahhhhh. Anyway, I was originally going to get drunk with Nes via our computers but she got on late and then my neighbor wanted to borrow my computer. Not one of the boys next door. So Shannon came over and then Franklin came over and we gabbed and drank and the next thing you know I'm drunk. There were several factors: 1) I haven't had a drink in awhile. 2) I had cereal for dinner. 3) When I'm drinking I should never be my own bartender, each drink is stronger then the previous, LOL.

Needless to say, today was not a very productive day. BUT, I did buy a mattress today! Woo hoo!!!!! When I finally felt like rising I went to this new place called Mattress Liquidators. So new, that they didn't even have signs up. Apparently, their grand opening isn't until next week but they have already started advertising. I called to find out the price range and their mattresses start at $250. Since I wanted to only spend $300 that sounded good to me. Then I get there and the mattresses that are there are in the $700 -$800 range (the rest of their stock isn't in yet). Because they're liquidators the mattresses normally sell for around $2000. So it's a great deal but I have no interest in spending that kind of money. He's trying to sell me on buying a mattress I can sleep on. I told him I am perfectly comfortable on the air mattress I'm currently using, LOL. I mean, I do understand why people spend so much money on mattresses but I don't have the money right now to be spending. I laid on a bunch of beds but really, couldn't tell that big a difference. I decided to come back later when the rest of his stock was in. Salesmen don't like it when you leave so the next thing you know he's showing me a $1999 mattress that they are selling for $799, it has a tear in it which I don't care about and he offered it to me for $400. SOLD! Unfortunately, the boxspring doesn't come in until Wed but what's a few more days? Even better, Franklin is giving me his bedframe that he doesn't want!

Tonight I went to a party at the frat boys house. I saw one of them yesterday and he invited me. I did not feel like drinking tonight, for obvious reasons and if I'm going to be partying with frat boys I need to be drinking so I didn't stay too long. I did get to meet all of the roommies and they're 24, 24 and 25! It's actually a birthday party for the one who turned 25, LOL. They're all very nice and I would hang with them but since I didn't have anyone with me and I wasn't drinking I chit chatted for a little bit and then came home to catch up on my blog, a girl has to have priorities, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

Wow, that's so cool, Ms. Leiha. You are totally settling into your new place quite well with your neighbors. The frat boys sound like fun, but I agree, to totally enjoy them, one must drink. LOL. That's a great price you got on the mattress. It's crazy how expensive some of them are. I'm in the market for a new one - mine is older than dirt - and I'm not looking forward to shopping for one.

Nes said...

Sorry I got on so late, chick. We'll definitely have to do that again, when you're up to drinking. And good job on the mattress/bed shopping! I do the same thing too. Walk away and yup, they lower the price. LOL.

Gennita said...

WHAT? You went to a party with 24-25 year old boys present and you didn't DRINK and watch them strip?!!!! Hmmm. Girlfriend, I need to drive up there to help you regain your bad reputation! :D

Glad to see you getting a bed! It's always good to have a fine bed that doesn't sag, says the roofer. Or squeak, says the romance author. Heh.

Leiha said...

Rosie, I remember your bed being so comfy but I guess it's been awhile since we've shared a bed, LOL. Good luck on your search.

Nes, I know you know how to shop, LOL.

Lina, I'm already regretting that you're not coming to visit next week. We'll have to plan something soon!

I knew I would let some of my gals down but I promise to have an orgy soon and make my peeps proud, LOL. Of course, if I do have an orgy, you won't read about it here, this is a family friendly blog! As for coming up here, anytime Jenna!