Y'all know I'm sweet...

well turns out the mosquitoes know it too! I believe I have mentioned a time or two about the fact that if there is a flea or a mosquito around I will be bit. Well, in Los Angeles we had so much smog I didn't have to worry about bugs, I never got bit. But now I'm living in the south or as I affectionately like to refer to it as mosquito country. Two nights ago I made the mistake of taking my garbage out at night. My blood was too much for them to resist. I have a bite right between the eyes! What I want to know is how something can land on me and bite me on my face, between my eyes and I not know about it til later? I would have had satisfaction if I could have at least killed the bloodsucker. I also currently have bites on my hand, arm and butt. How it got to my butt I do not know (OK, guess I should have worn pants around the house, hey, I'm enjoying living by myself).

Anyway, yes, I will be that person walking down the street using one hand to scratch her face and the other to scratch her butt. When I itch, I scratch. Welcome to the south! At least I've seen no flying cockroaches here.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Leiha, you need to get some of repelant. You don't want to get west nile virous!!! there is a special one that helps ward off that.

£inda

Anonymous said...

Put Benadryl on the bites. Works pretty well for the itching.

Anonymous said...

Another tip, mosquitoes are attracted to the colour blue.

Must be true, I saw it on The Discovery Channel...

I hate how I can get bitten everywhere and Simon never gets one, even if we are sitting next to each other. SO UNFAIR!

Joanie x

Nes said...

LOL! Yeah, I'm one of those people those suckers love as well.Believe me, when I get bitten, I get bitten really well. It starts to swell and itch like hell...shit, you've seen my leg this summer! LOL!

And I definitely agree what Lina said about scented body lotion. I saw once in discovery that mosquitoes are attracted to scents. When we went to Thailand on vacay, I used unscented and perfume free body lotion and deodorant. It helped!!

Leiha said...

LOL, if I get West Nile disease, I will not be happy and will blog about it!

Luckily the itching hasn't been too monstrous but I will definitely put something on if it starts getting too bad.

The thing is, the only time I spend outside is to take out the garbage or go to my car. There's no hanging outside for me, well until I see my boy neighbors outside again, LOL.

I don't use scented lotion but all of my shower gels are scented. I can't not use them, I have about 7 or 8 of them, LOL. Maybe when the fall gets here it will be better. Keep your fingers crossed.