Back by Popular Demand

Military Barbie!!! Nes requested pics of me with an M16, unfortunately there aren't too many pics of me in uniform to begin with (but I have tons of Drunk on Soju Barbie) and we only went to the range once a year so here is my two pics of me with my weapon. Yes, I used to have a perm, it was the late 80s! Obviously both pictures were very staged, for one thing, if it wasn't then the person standing in front of me while I hold my rifle is in trouble, LOL. Yes, they gave me live ammunition! But I didn't have any while we were playing, for obvious reasons. The chick in the pics with me was my roommate Julie. We lost contact over the years but she was a great friend while I was in Korea.
I'm including this other picture because of my fingernails. I think they look beautiful in this picture! Once a year we had to practice like we were real soldiers. I think I was looking through a compass, I have no idea how to read a compass, then or now, LOL. I know, I love my cover here too. I swear, I have no idea what I did with them! I don't know why this picture makes me look so short, no one is standing next to me!Because that pic was taken while I was stationed in MD I no longer used an M16 but used a .45 instead and let me say, I shot worse with that then the rifle! But c'mon, we only practiced once a year!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

'Miltary Barbie'-LMAO,Leiha!!!
And how does that quote go-'Ah,the sweet smell of napalm in the morning..' Something like that-I forget what movie that's from.I've seen Full Metal Jacket & Platoon prolly a dozen times,must be one of those.*G*

M16...Oh,yeah!!! Okay,guilty secret time-I still play video games now & then and MUST use the cheat code for "unlimited ammo" on the shooters,just b/c the sound is music to my ears *G* It's true,isn't that just so mature,LOL.Oh,well.It helps with PMS,too.*G*

Now,what is Soju? Not a clue here!

Bo

Rachael Narins said...

OMG, I am LOL! Too cute!

But if you were coming at me, weapon in hand, well, I still would think you are cute.

BTW, check out this man. He is "single and looking" and lives in Ashland OR. Are you sad you moved, or what. He is a CHOCOLATIER...gurgle, sigh, sigh.

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2006/08/#000303

Gennita said...

Oh you looked so cute with a weapon ;-). I'll have to take you target practice when you come visit! Heehee.

Leiha said...

I have to admit, I don't play video games often but when I'm near Area 51 I have to play, I love it. Of course, I have to play with a partner because my shooting is so bad, LOL.

Soju is the korean version of sake but much more nastier tasting and pretty dang potent. We used to drink them in tea kettles mixed with juice. It was cheap too which was a bonus!

LOL, thanks Rachael! Good thing I already know I wasn't a super soldier! That guy is super cute! Now you need to find me a single cute chocolatier in Atlanta, use your connections. Have you tried any of his chocolates. I was tempted to order but will wait until I have some money in the bank, LOL.

I would love to go target practicing with you Jenna, as long as you realize i suck! But I do love shooting, LOL.

Ann, that's why I gave all of my uniforms to my brothers, LOL. Plus, they looked cute playing capture the flag in my old uniforms!

Nes said...

Good gawds chick! LMFAO! You look totally cute! No enemy can resist that cuteness! I love the pic! You look so profi and all. The gun is almost as big as you are. LOL! Thanks for sharing. :)