You would think

that a class called core strength would not be full of squats, dips, steps and jumps, well you, or rather, I, would be wrong, LOL. Have I mentioned the fact that I have bad knees? Normally I wear knee braces but I did not bring them to a class called core strength, thinking I would be working on my core muscles! Needless to say, these knees were not bending down as far as the instructor wanted them to but it was actually a pretty fast paced class. Of the ones I had taken so far it's the one I enjoyed the most, mainly because time didn't seem to drag, LOL. Yes, the instructor was sort of cute but I swear, that had nothing to do with my enjoyment!

Today was actually a very productive day. It was pouring down rain this morning so there was no way I was going to the gym but since I didn't go yesterday I knew I had to go today but I also had to get some errands done today too and I had plans to go to Dao's for dinner and Rockstar Supernova. That's a lot to do in one day, well at least for me. Usually I would have cut something out but today was a whole new me. I went to the post office and Staples and had 15 minutes before my class started at the gym but I was right at Target and I needed a couple of things. I'll have you know I was in and out in less then 10 minutes. I think that could be a world record for Target shopping. As you all know, I don't normally walk with a purpose.

As for Rockstar Supernova, I was rooting for Toby but if someone other then him had to win I was happy it was Lukas. I think Dilana kicks serious a$$ as a singer but when you are in front of a national audience, at least fake some humility. I do like that hey hey song that they sang at the end, it's catchy. I think that while Dilana would have rocked as a lead singer I don't think the boys wanted to deal with the drama, I know I wouldn't.I'm a no drama mama!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

It helps having to use crutches to walk these days. I actually went into Target and bought only one thing. Well until I got to the checkout and decided I had to buy gum.

Good for you about keeping up with the exercising. I bought a pilates DVD which I will be starting soon! Pretty much all I can do for a little while anyway.

Gennita said...

Watched Supernova even though I was already spoiled on the winner's ID ;-). There was a spoiler on the Internet since Aug 27 that the winner was Lukas (Tommy Lee told somebody they'd picked him from the start), so all that drama and voting was really for nothing except kewl TV ratings. Dilana kicked ass! Can't wait for her CD.

Did you know Supernova can't even use that name? There is a band with the same name which sued TommyL and Rock Star and the show sided with them, so now TommyL and gang needs to come up with a new name.

Happy exercising, girl!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Leiha, for giving me the nudge I needed to get back on track, I joined Curves again today & found one less than a mile from home so I'll be going everyday until my trip next month & I plan on keeping it up when I get home!!

£inda

NancyB said...

It was nice to see how you gave Linda motivation... I just dont reply to the exercise emails because I avoid exercise - I think it gives me hives.

Leiha said...

Karen, if I was in crutches I would never leave the house! I hope that you are healing quickly!

I've been watching a bunch of Supernova clips on you tube (I'm now addicted, thanks to you, LOL) and I do love her voice and I hope that she does kick some ass but she wasn't right for the band. I saw that aobut Supernova, that's going to hurt when people try to find out info about them and they don't know their name, LOL.

Linda, I'm so happy that you are going back to Curves! I know when you set your mind to it you go full force so I have no doubt that you are going to leave the girls in the dust next month!

Nancy, don't think you're off the hook!

Rachael Narins said...

Dilana was my GIRL! I am SO happy she didnt win though...who wants to front a band of middle-aged dudes singing Hey-Hey-Hey when you can ROCK.

I knew all along Lukas would win, but I was rooting for Toby since he is more "user friendly." Heh heh heh.

I hate squats. LOL. Glad to see you are back at the gym though sweetie! Keep those knees protected.

Anonymous said...

I loved Toby too, but just thought I'd let you know about a little Aussie slang. In Australia, in less refined circles of course, "Rooting" means shagging.

So I'm sure Toby was glad you were rooting for him! Probably wishes it was with him, too!

Joanie x