Never fear...

... the internet is here. Well, it's there. I guess it's here and there since I am currently at Dao's place but I'm talking about my place. I talked to the two people I knew in the building and neither had internet, gasp, groan! One of them was getting it but how was that going to help me, I knew it would take her two weeks too, LOL. But the guy who is over painting my apartment, Greg, a really nice guy, suggested I talk to the guys who live in the house next door who were outside drinking and playing a bean bag tossing game. That would be the three guys in their mid 20s AND their friends. He even offered to walk over with me to make sure I felt safe, awwwww. I told him I could handle it but that was sweet. So I saunter over there, LOL, yeah right, more like waddled over there and told them my situation. David right away said for $20 he would do it which is what I was planning to pay. He told me his password which was cool. I was expecting more secrecy but then wanted to make sure I could log on so he came over to make sure it worked. He was joking about the money and wouldn't take it but he did invite me over to drink with them. I told him I was too tired this weekend, let me get moved in but I'm in for next weekend, LOL. He says if they ever get too loud let them know or come over and join them, which do you think I will be doing? I figure since he wouldn't take my money I can bring a bottle of Grey Goose over. I think I'm going to love my new neighborhood!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Leave it to Leiha to turn a bad situation in to a great one! It is a shame you are so shy. When will the painting be done so you can start nesting? Sounds like it could be soon.
I was wondering how you could help from melting inside while talking to some 20 something with a southern accent? I just was thinking that everyone (or most everyone) you run into over there has an accent... how dreamy.
I went to the fair today but really I was dissapointed. I had an elephant ear (my main reason to pay 8.00 to get into the fair) and a carmel apple (which I promply choked on and almost had to have the himlic) That is it, I couldnt eat anything else - No curly fries, corn on the cob dipped in butter, funnel cakes, scones, ice cream, fudge or barbq :( I think they should have a 2 day pass for the gastronomicly challanged!

Leiha said...

That sucks Nancy! It's horrible to have all of that food at your disposal and not be able to eat. You know I feel for you, especially with the corn on the cob! Sorry chick!

I can't remember if David had an accent, all I know is he graduated 2 years ago along with his other 2 roomies. I figure I can find out the rest of their personal info as I go along, LOL. As for melting, he did comment on how hot my house was, maybe I had him melting.... After all, I had spent the day moving, sweat is sexy, right?

The painting is a huge process, he's having to do a lot of priming because the old paint was so dark. I don't t think he'll be done by tomorrow but he will have my bedroom done and that is most important, LOL.

Leiha said...

Good call Ann, what was I thinking? Lina has me so trained, LOL. Maybe I should just give them a bottle of tequila, hmmm, that could get me into trouble if I decide to drink it with them. Absolut it is!

Leiha said...

Good call Ann, what was I thinking? Lina has me so trained, LOL. Maybe I should just give them a bottle of tequila, hmmm, that could get me into trouble if I decide to drink it with them. Absolut it is!