Pain is weakness leaving the body

That is what Lina tells me and that is on a sign hanging in my brand new gym. I like to say, pain is pain, OUCH is what I say to pain! But I knew it was time to join a gym, it's been almost 9 months and boy does it show. Muffin tops are yummie to eat but you don't want a muffin top belly. Plus, for me, joining a gym is part of getting my life in order. I'm a little sad because I loved my last gym so much but I'm sure I will make friends here but that's not the point of joining the gym. The point is to not only get my body in shape but to bring normalcy back to my life, a little bit of structure. When I lived in LA my life was work and the gym. Now that I work at home most of the week the gym will be even more important because I could easily not leave my apartment for days and be happy.

Dao has a fitness center in her apartment complex that she invited me to use but I need more motivation then that, plus, just regular cardio bores me. I need to be in a class environment. Partly because I need someone pushing me. If I work out on my own I don't push myself and also because I'm competitive. When I'm in a class I want to be one of the best.

Today, I was not one of the best, LOL. I signed up yesterday and decided to jump right into kickboxing today. Who needs baby steps? Unfortunately their kickboxing is nothing like I'm used to but I knew it would be like that. It is all cardio and no form. The teacher looks like he has boxing experience and when they kicked they just whacked the bag with their legs but oh well, my form sucks right now anyway, LOL. The hardest part has always been the cardio for me and this guy liked to jump rope between each set, eak! That meant taking my gloves on and off. My gloves are actually more professional then what they used, mine lace up, you want to know what a bitch it was getting in and out of them? Joe used to lace me up. I went and got my bag gloves and just kept those on (they're not at padded, very thin so I could hold the jump rope). There was lots of hopping and jumping and going up and down on steps, lots of cardio. Now I'm no full and pretty aware of my body so I definitely took some time outs during the class, as did the others including the instructor, LOL. This class is not my cup of tea but I'll give it a couple more chances to see if it grows on me. In the upcoming week I'm going to try many different classes to see what I like and don't like. At this point I just want to get in and do something. Of course, this is all depending on if I can walk on Monday. I'm always most sore 2 days later. I could just be doing a stretching class on Monday, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Good for you, climb on up on the fitness wagon with me! I am returning to pilates classes on Monday morning, nothing as exciting as kickboxing.

I laughed when I read your sign regarding pain. In my book pain is something to be avoided...at all costs.

My favourite sign was on the wall of the pub I used to go to every Sunday. "Go Hard or Go Home"

Illusions were the drink of the day then, ah memories!

Joanie x

Leiha said...

Joanie, I'll probably be doing some pilates very soon. My only problem with the class when I used to take it was it was very repetitious so we shall see. As for this kickboxing class, trust me, it wasn't very exciting, LOL.

Hmmm, go hard or go home, how about, if you're hard come home, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Or, "If you're hard, go home with me!"

J xx