The good, the bad and the ugly...

The good is my new pedicure! I got a spa pedi and man, it was heavenly. I had a lot of fun playing with those controls, I wish they had a crotch attatchment, I would be buying one in a heartbeat (who needs a new car?). I am not a convert to the spa pedi, a normal pedi will no longer do. My feet look so much better it makes me smile when I look down and see my toes. I am so glad I treated myself.

The bad is I was at office depot for an hour waiting to get a 7 page fax! Talk about ridiculous. I think the fax machine was writing out everything by hand. What a waste of precious birthday time. Luckily, I brought Nora Roberts new book Morrigan's Cross to keep me company.

The ugly is my roots. Turns out Leiha Beautification is a lot of work and I am too tired tonight to finish the job, LOL. So my roots will stay grey for another day but at least I bought the color so I am one step closer. I didn't even get my last bookcase put together. Well, I put it together, very badly and then found out I had the bottom shelf upside down and now I need to take the whole thing apart, I hammered in the back, arghh. I gave up and decided that I really don't need to be ALL settled in tonight. I guess I should have listened to Ann's advice and had the boys put it together for me. I'm not used to being a Southern girl yet, LOL. The painting is also not done, ugh! One more day!

Overall though it was a good birthday and that's because I have wonderful friends who show me they love me in so many ways and my family even remembered to call so I am going to sleep happy to be one year older, if not less grey.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Leiha -
I am glad your day of pampering went well, even if you did have to camp out and wait for the fax. I told dad you were having a day of pampering and he said it was a good thing... that people our age start needing pampers more and more :) He loves ya - really!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Ms Leiha chica! Congratulations on your new car and apartment!

Anonymous said...

I've got that new Nora Roberts on pre-order,you'll have to let me know what you think.It sounds like your place is coming along nicely.Don't feel too bad about the bookshelf mishap.I swear every time I go to put that kind of stuff together I mess something up,no matter how close I follow instructions.Richard makes fun of me for it,b/c he,of course,needs NO instructions for ready-to-assemble furn.Why is following directions of any sort,be they driving or other,some sort of gross insult to their manhood or something? *tsk,tsk* I will be doing the beautification thing(hair,anyways)tomorrow.Joy.

I would've gone insane waiting for the fax.We have a Staples here & being in there more than 10 mins. bores me to death.Same with hardware stores.

I LMAO at your "crotch attachment" comment,good thing I had finished my coffee already.I'm glad you had a nice birthday,you deserve it.

Bo

Leiha said...

LOL, well since you're a month older then me what does that make your dad? Let me know when I should start sending him some depends!

Thanks Laurie! Wondered where my asian sistah was!

So far so good on the new Nora, Bo. I have no problem reading directions I think what happend was my phone rang when I was putting it together so I stopped and then wasn't paying attn when I went back to it, well, that's my excuse anyway. i really do need to get to know those boys better next door. I hope that they're drinking this weekend, I need one (or two). Yeah, I'm not the most patient person in the world so the fax thing was starting to get to me. I found a kinkos, let's hope that they're better. Man, if that chair had a crotch attatchment I would have one in a heartbeat, that's what credit cards are for, LOL.