Surprise! It's my birthday!!!!!

OK, maybe it's not a surprise for anyone who reads my blog, LOL. But my birthday this year will have a new name, it will be known as Leiha Beautification Day! As you all know, life has been a tad hectic for me and sadly it's the looks that have suffered. You don't even want to know when was the last time I had a pedicure. Usually I give myself one and I did unpack all of my polishes but these feet need professional work. Then there's the grey hair. Luckily, I don't see this as a sign of getting old because I got my first grey hair at 23, of course I am no longer 23 but that's neither here nor there. I'm bringing another woman into the shower with me tomorrow. Ms Clairol and I go way back. Honestly, if my grey hair looked sparkly like Nancy's and added highlights I would keep it. Or if I went grey all over. But nope, my grey hair is dull and dingy and in big enough patches to not ignore but not all over enough to let them take over. I will also be plucking my much neglected eyebrows and as an added bonus, I'll even shave my legs (so that the woman who gives me a pedi doesn't have to feel the hair), even though I'm asian and I don't need to shave often, it's still good to throw a blade on the legs every now and again.

Now don't be jealous because of my wild birthday plans, LOL. Dao and I will also be going to eat Vietnamese food and you know food is always a highlight for me. Last year my friends didn't buy me presents, I just had them all take me to eat. I made my birthday last a month! This year it looks like it'll last a day, LOL. But I don't mind. I am so happy to be here and to be almost settled. Tomorrow will be the last of the painting. I have my living room almost set up. I only put together 2 of the 3 bookcases, I got tired of hammering it together with a pan. I will also be buying a hammer tomorrow, that pan will never be the same. But it's sooo nice to have some of my things put out. I think I'll be all set up tomorrow. Well, except for the bed, tv, microwave, vacuum and broom, LOL. But hey, I finally have the books I got from RWA on a shelf and I told Nancy I want my keepers. Feel free to mail them anytime because you know I can't be fully set up until I have ALL of my books on hand.

I hope that you all have a wonderful day and just think of me, washing the grey right out of my hair and partying in high style! Or unpacking, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

15 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday honey! Hope you have a groovy day and have lovely toes and legs by the end of it. Mine look like ponga trunks at the moment, so not ready for summer here!!!

Love and hugs and happy b-day
Sarah.
x x x

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Leiha!

May the coming year bring you all you desire, and may he have stamina and loads of cash!

Take care of you,
Joanie x

Anonymous said...

Ann, do Southern Men open doors for you and stand up if you leave the table to powder your nose?

Please say yes! I'll be on the next plane over...

Joanie x

Nes said...

Happy Birthday chick! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you like you did mine! Have a wonderful Leiha beautification day!!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Here's to Leiha Beautification Day! Love ya honey.

NancyB said...

Happy Birthday To You!!

Have great fun having your footsies slaved over, I know that is your ultamate dream. And Leiha your gray hair is sparkly like mine, it's just there is a big diffrence between a grey hair in dark dark brown hair (or black if you continue to shower with Ms. Clairol) and my light brown hair.
Enjoy yourself today - and dont you and Dao get to wild while eating that vietmamise food :)

NancyB said...

Oops - Meant Vienamise food.
And I like what Ann pointed out - You need to borrow a hammer from those boys - Chances are you would get help, then you can watch them get on their hands and knees in front of you...
Good thinkin Ann!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Chica! Hey, I say borrow the hammer and then invite "the boys" into the shower with ya! (Oh, and leave Miss Clairol out--she can get her own next door boys.) Now that would be a fab wet & wild birthday, huh?

Hope you had a fabulous beautification day and great chow!

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Miss Clairol is a great friend of mine,too.We met when I was 17.That doesn't say much for my possible life span,does it? *G*

Everytime I have ever moved,I never felt at home until I had my pictures up.That somehow brings it all together for me.

I hope your day is fabulous & fun-filled,with great company!Happy Birthday!

Bo

Gennita said...

Happy Happy Happy Bird Day! An eclipse happening in the next couple of days too so this year is going to be even more EVENTFUL and ADVENTURE-FILLED for my Leiha-girl ;-). Mark my words!

Hugs and kisses (with tongue)...

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Leiha! I hope it is great.

I agree with Ann, you need to be filled in on southernisms and southern hospitality.

With boys next door you shouldn't need to do the work at all.

Anyway, it sounds like you are settling in nicely.

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Joanie, both my boys and my husband open doors for me (cars and buildings), wait to sit until I do, and my hubby stands up if I stand to leave the table.

I live in Virginia and most guys around here hold doors open for women.

Danielle again

Anonymous said...

That's it Danielle! I'm moving! My hubby is from Australia (like me) and is considered to be very polite and mannerly but it would

Anonymous said...

(don't know what happened there, sorry) anyway it just wouldn't occur to him to do any of those things. Sad ah? I've never met an Australian male that did.

I'm off to find a map of the US to find my new home Virginia. Have you got good weather?!

Joanie x

Leiha said...

LOL, I have to work on being more helpless, sorry. I'm so used to doing things myself, unless it's heavy. I don't mind asking for help if it's heavy!

Sarah, go get a pedi, it's so worth the money, LOL.

Amen for both Joanie!

Nes, I'm still trying to recover from your birthday. I think we have 3 more months, LOL.

I will never live that down Chez, LOL.

Love you too Karen!

*sigh* I really do need to find a man with a foot fetish and who will pay for my pedis and shoes. Oh, and lets not forget the foot massages!

3 boys and me in a shower, now you're talking Christy! All we need now is the peach pie!

Bo, I bought wall hangers for my pics today but I didn't get as much done as I wanted to tonight which means, my pics aren't up, wahhhh.

Hugs and kisses with tongue? We are celebrating your bird day together next year, EG! Thanks Jenna! I can't wait to see what the next year brings me, I'm excited!

Danielle, I'm sorry that I missed your call. We'll have to talk soon.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes! It makes me happy seeing you all here.