It's amazing,,,

the difference putting things together with the right tools make! I put that table together today in a snap. Of course, I also skipped the wood gluing part of it but it didn't work too well on the other table so I figured, why waste my time? If I need it, I can out it on later, after my table has collapsed and everyone on it broke, LOL. I didn't get my pictures hung up today, once I do, then I will try to get some pictures up, if my cam cooperates. I used one of my new lamps today (the outlet doesn't work for the other one, my landlord has to get an electrician in) and it's pretty. The shade is black but it has a funky pattern on it so light comes through, the best part was I got them on clearance at Target. That's right, no ugly floor lamp for me and my living room. Why is it living rooms don't have light fixtures? Anyway, I'm happy with my lamps!

My painter gave me a new plant for my house. I'm very excited but it's a hanging plant so I need to put a hook in the ceiling. I will definitely be asking boy # 1 to help me with that project since I can barely reach the ceiling standing on my comfy chair. Plus, I don't want my plant to come crashing down! AND, I have to get a base for the plant since it doesn't have one, how the heck am I supposed to water it? Take it down everytime? So I have to make another trip to either Lowes or Home Depot. So far I have resisted the plant section but now I have to go there and if there is a pretty plant calling my name, well, I will just have to buy it. For me, besides pictures of myself, plants really make a home. That was part of the reason I had to drive my stuff was to take my plants. Sure, they are just regular old houseplants but one of them I brought with me when I left the Army and it was planted in a baby food jar so I have had that plant for awhile. Too bad I don't remember which pot my baby is in, LOL. So much for sentimentality!

Have I mentioned how great it is working from home? It would be even better if I had a tv but still, I almost worked this afternoon in just my bath towel because I could but then didn't want to have to keep adjusting it. Instead, I wore my boxer shorts! I love office casual days (which would be everyday!).
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Glue-Bah,who needs it! *G* I NEVER use the little glue packets that come w/ RTA furniture.I figure a teaspoon of glue is not going to save a $34.99 bookcase when push comes to shove,LOL.Besides,it makes it that much harder to take apart if I messed something up during assembly.*G*

I have no plants in my house.I could use Brodie as an excuse,but I think even before he was born I had none.I have a black thumb,not green.*G* My Mom has enough for both of us-her house looks like a jungle sometimes.I guess if you keep some in the bathroom they grow well b/c of the steam from the shower,etc.

Sometimes I wish I could go straight to work w/out changing out of my jammies.You are lucky your commute is only 20 feet,LOL.

Bo

NancyB said...

Have you ever wanted to call in naked to work? You know when all your clothes are dirty or you just hate what you have to wear? Now you cant - poor poor Leiha
:)

Leiha said...

The plant is awesome! At my job evey day is pajama day, LOL.

Bo, I'm really bad at flowering plants or anything that needs a lot of attention. Someone bought me a bonzai tree once, the poor tree had no chance, LOL. I have plants that just need to be water every now and again and that's it. I know my limitations, LOL. I'm with you on the glue, it really was a waste of time. I do love my commute, LOL.

Nancy, I do my laundry before it gets to that point but who knows, instead of pajama Fridays maybe naked Firday? I'll have to think about that.