I don't mean to toot my own horn...

... no wait I do! I just have to let you all know I take a damn fine DMV picture! As soon as I saw the pic I knew I had to share with you, my tens of fans. See what years of dedication to my craft of being a camera hog will get you. A picture that you will be proud to show the bouncer when you are getting carded!

I have to say, this was the most painless trip to the DMV ever! I was a little worried because I didn't make an appointment but I needed to get my license because apparently the finance company wants proof that I actually live here for my car, I wonder why? I told the dealer I wasn't driving to Mexico, why didn't he believe me? So I show up at the DMV at noon, the worst time ever, the clerks are all at lunch and everyone else is using their lunch break to go to the DMV but I'm not really a morning person so being showered and in public by noon is actually early for me, LOL. I usually try to be presentable by 1pm. I left my hair down because of the picture, I usually have it in a clip, you know I'm lazy, not that leaving it down meant I did anything different, well, other then comb it, LOL.

I was also worried because this was the south and things are done more slowly. Well not at the DMV! They had a ton of windows open, someone to greet me and go through my paperwork as soon as I go there and it was moving so fast I didn't even bother pulling out my book or ipod. I was in and out the door in half an hour people! Do you know how amazing this is? No wonder I had such a big smile, well that and if I don't smile the pic looks bad, LOL. BTW, I had to take a second pic cause my eyes were closed on the first one. I think it was cause I had Asian eyes and they looked close, at least that's what I told the woman who took my pic, LOL. I got my license for 10 years. I have no idea why, I've never lived anywhere for that long but on the OFF OFF chance I'm here that long I didn't want to have to go through the process again in 5 years, painless as it was, plus, my pic was awesome!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Gennita said...

Well, I'm jealous. My new DL (remember my ID fiasco in Atlanta?) has another picture of me that qualifies for America's Most Wanted, and not in a good wanted way. Grrrrr.

Anonymous said...

Takes a special kinda woman to carry off that lipstick shade. and you do it so well! You look v.glam' now you just need to get pulled over by a hunky cop so you can show him the id.

Always focus on the practical applications!

I just sent off my profile to Judy as I'm in the October hotseat.
Have to admit I'm a bit nervous, I hope I comes across the right way, not too much of a tosser. A little is ok, but too much of one!

I love reading all of the profiles and hate it when there are no photos. Thank goodness for you being such a camera happy girl.

Now get over to the board and tell me which Emma Holly to order! And Gennita can tell me which one of hers to start with, please?

Cheers, Joanie x

Nes said...

Oh this is much better than your passport pic. I don't get the States. Why not just one driver license for the whole country? How come you have to have a new one everytime you move to another State?

NancyB said...

Come on Nes, you know Leiah needs to have her picture taken for every move. It would be fun to have a frame with all her licences in it. Lucky for her she just gets hotter with every move!

Leiha said...

LOL Jenna, will you be posting this pic on your blog?

Joanie, I've always had this fantasy about being pulled over and shown a night stick, EG! I love reading people's profiles, I always think it adds so much to their online persona. It's my fave part of the newsletter and I'm sure yours is great and don't worry, I'll tell you if you're a tosser, LOL. As for Jenna's books, you HAVE to start at the beginning and get Into Danger. It has a world renowned sex scene in it.

Nes, don't remind me of my passport photo, it's horrendous, my face is so fat! My original was so much better, I'm irritated that they made me take it over. As for IDs, it's just another way for the government to get more money out of us, LOL.

The bummer thing Nancy is they took my OR license and I had an awesome smile on that one too. I should have scanned it for you, dang it! Thanks for the compliments, BTW! With words like that you'll be a BFF before you know it, LOL.