Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow...

You're only a day away!!!! The day is almost here. My comcast guy will be coming out and he will be hooking up my TV and my internet!!!! Party over here, woot woot!

Actually, let me tell you a little story about my comcast. Originally I was only going to sign up for basic cable which is just the networks for $15 and then internet but then I decided I might as well get a phone line since I may need it for work and can get everything for $99. The phone wasn't necessary but I figured, might as well. I explained to the guy that I needed internet hooked up ASAP, I work from home and then he proceeds to give me a date 3 weeks later! He says that he will put me on a cancellation list in case something opens up and I should call in. Well I wait to call in until I have an actual TV because it helps to set up the cable when you have one. Once I got my TV I called in everyday. Nothing! Finally I asked why are you so busy? And the woman on the phone proceeds to explain to me that because I got a phone line I need a different technician and they have to wait for the line to be available or some BS like that. Needless to say, I was NOT a happy camper. I asked why did someone not tell me this in my previous 4 conversations since I told everyone I needed my internet ASAP. She apologized but what good does that do me? By this time it's Thursday and my cable will be hooked up on Mon. So I hang up but I was fuming so I called back and cancelled my phone and my $99 package and went with the basic of the basic because while it didn't move my date up, it was the principle of the thing. I will not be giving them extra money if I can help it. No, I am not cutting off my nose to spite my face, nothing is on cable anyway (except Project Runaway and Gene Simmons show, LOL). What I hate about comcast, it's a monopoly. It's not like I could have called Adelphia to see if I could have gotten a better deal or a sooner date. They hold us over a barrel! I am revolting the only way I know how. Viva la revolution!

But I will not take that out on the cable guy tomorrow. Now if he doesn't show up then there will be hell to pay, otherwise, I will go to bed tonight looking forward to tomorrow.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I do think the cable companies run the universe these days ;->. And if you get your phone on the cable and not landline, if your cable goes down, EVERYTHING is gone--no internet, no TV, no phone! Wahhhhh!

So that's why I always write three bills to the three evil Trinity--Ma Bell, Da Cable, Cousin High Speed Internet (and multiple backups because I'm like that)
;-). I got to support all evil so they will always fight each other....

LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi there chicky babe! By the way, a friend who'll tell you when you are a tosser is a keeper! (refering to previous post)

I can't understand the whole " not tell someone if they have spinach in their teeth" thing. If you are a friend, you say!

We have one broadband/cable option here in HK, so take it or leave it.
I just found out tonight that DH signed up for a new deal, so now we have all the channels. Nice.

Tonight I watched E for the first time. Hmm, some blonde doing a countdown of the "Craziest moments on t.v" Pretty crap. I think you're better off without it. More time for reading and perfecting that gorgeous camera smile! Enjoy your day chicka, Joanie xx

NancyB said...

Patience is a vertue. I think after waiting 3 weeks for cable and internet you deserve sainthood! I wonder if you can catch Project Runway on your new adiction You Tube?

Leiha said...

LOL, Jenna. Yeah, they are EVIL! I need convenience and it was either getting internet and cable or internet and phone. I went with the one that got me some tv.

I'm great at telling someone they have spinach in their teeth. I'm horrible at remembering names and it's always awkard to ask after talking to someone for ages, LOL. E used to fun, I don't watch it much anymore (when I have cable).

Excellent idea Nancy! I will have to check it out. As for patience, you know that is a virtue I do not have.