Honey, I'm home....

Alright, I'm moved in, woo hoo! I slept last night in my brand new bedroom, a pretty light green room. I'm on an air mattress right now but that did not dim the pleasure of sleeping in my new home. Plus, the air mattress was pretty comfortable. I did wake up in the middle of the night freezing so I will work on getting a comforter today. I've just been using a sheet at Dao's but apparently, it's a little cooler in the evenings at casa de Leiha.

Greg is painting up a storm but it's still a process since he's having to put on two coats to cover up the ugly old paint job and primer. But he finished my bedroom which was priority # 1 and today he'll finish the living room which means I can put together the book shelves I bought yesterday at Wal Mart! You know I'm chomping at the bit to put those up and finally give the books I picked up at RWA a home. I don't even remember what books I got there since they've been in a box this whole time which is a shame. Plus, with bookshelves up I can pull out my picture frames (high priority) and knicknacks and I'll set my plants on there too. The cornerstone of my home is my bookshelves, LOL. These are some el cheapo shelves but they will be so decorated with pretty books that it doesn't matter. Plus Brenda (BAM for you gals from RBL) and her hubby brought me a couch and a comfy chair too which is awesome because by tonight my living room will be set up. Well, except for the fact that I don't have a tv or a table to set it on but who knows. I may hit some Labor Day sales and come home with a tv, that I will be able to watch on the 18th, LOL.

This morning I spent hanging up my clothes and putting away my shoes. I'm sad because I think I really purged. There's space in my closet! OK, my shoes and jackets are in the closet in the other room but still I think once I get everything I need for my home it'll be time to restock my closet.

I've decided that today I must go to IKEA. No move is complete without a visit to IKEA. It's not big things I'm looking for from there, I love IKEA for the little things, like the 50 cent bowels (one can never have too many bowels) or the 100 tea light bags. Plus, I need more shoe holders, a new cutting board and a dishrack. Necessities! AND I looked online and therre's an IKEA 10 minutes away. I swear, the more I find out about my area, the more I love it. Now, I just need to find the closest Ross!

Happy Labor Day everyone and remember, only one more day until everyone's favorite holiday (OK, maybe only mine).
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're getting settled in and finding your way around your new area.

My first priority when I moved in the past was always to unpack my books first. I think that's why we all understand this particular addiction of ours!

Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I just love that whole warm fuzzy feeling when you've got your books unpacked and your special pics and things arranged and you stand back and just look at your new place!

Gee, was that one sentence? Sorry, I've just woken and haven't finished my tea yet. Haven't even found my "bowels"! SORRY!

That's a good one girl, like "Hugh" on RBL.

BAM sounds like a gem. Must be that southern hospitality I'm always reading about. What a nice thing for her and her DH to do.

Leiha, please tell me a character in a movie that speaks with the same accent your new locals. Then I'll have a soundtrack to go with the funny visuals you conjure up.

Was serious about the tea, another cuppa is calling. Cheers, Joanie x

Leiha said...

Sh*t, I even read the post twice and I still missed it, thanks for pointing that one out Lina, LOL. I hit IKEA and Marshalls today. My feet hurt by the time I was done.

I knew you all would understand my need to get my bookcases set up Karen. I feel so much better now.

I did have my kitchen already unpacked Ann, mainly because I couldn't unpack any other room due to painting and I don't have much kitchen stuff to unpack, LOL. I was so intent on getting stuff done tonight that dinner consisted of a peach. BAM and her DH are wonderful. They drove 2 hours to get me the furniture. I am so grateful to have some local (or almost local) friends here. My painter even said i was lucky in my friends because he's met BAM and her family and Dao, LOL.

Joanie, I know exactly what you mean. I keep peaking over at my 2 bookshelves that I have up. The way they are decorated right now is temporary because I have to get the third one up and balance it all but I'm still so happy to look over and see them. Hope that your tea helped with your bowels, LOL. Luckily mine need no help, LOL.

Thanks Ann, I was drawing a blank on a movie. BTW, I loved that movie.

Anonymous said...

Fried Green Tomatoes ah? Thanks Ann, I don't know if it'll be easy to find in HK, but I'm on to it.
Then I'll start practising! J x

Anonymous said...

I agree about the bowls! ;)