Why is it...

the commercials are so much louder then the programs? I swear, every commercial I'm turning down the tv and I know the goal is to get you to listen to the commercials but now I turn the sound so far down I don't hear them, that will show them!

So according to my source at the Weather channel fall officially starts this weekend, I have to say, according to personal thermostat it started 2 nights ago! I have loved the fact that it's been cool enough since I've moved in that I haven't had to use my A/C but now it's cooling down so much in the evenings I have so close the windows and today I didn't even open them. I thought since I lived in the south now that for some reason it would be warmer longer (OK, I am used to LA weather) but I'm already ready to break out the turtlenecks! I'm not used to seeing or feeling the different seasons. Well, I see the seasons on tv but I think I need to adjust to experiencing it first hand. For the last 8 autumns I lived in LA where the fall was the same as the summer and spring and pretty much the winter too, I liked that, LOL. But I do like wearing layers and I do have sweaters I haven't worn in ages so that will be fun, I just don't like to be cold, so fall I can handle, but this winter better be mild or momma will not be happy! OK, I can't pull that line off, can I?
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Gennita said...

The commercials are always too damn loud. I never used to hang on to the remote like I do now, so, like you, I can turn down the volume.

Hey, it gets cold even down here in Central Fl., sweets. We get into the teens for a few days in Winter! So, where you are, it will freeeeeeze your butt off because you're an LA chica! :-D Better work on that boy next door for snuggling duties. Ha.

Anonymous said...

Now is the time to make friends with the mute button.*G* I take perverse delight in muting the most irritating of commercials.I think it's ridiculous that there is such a difference in the volume of show vs. comm.

I love fall & winter,they are my fave seasons!Guess I'm a cold-hearted girl,LOL.I thought it was freezing when we moved from San Diego to Utah in '92.It took me a couple years to get used to it.Look at it as an excuse for buying coats & more sweaters.I like Jenna's snuggling idea,that works.*G* Try hot cocoa spiked with Bailey's,too!*G*Oh-and you pulled off the line just fine,LOL.

Anonymous said...

Yeah,um,that last post was mine.Too much Guiness tonight,sorry! *G*

Bo

Anonymous said...

Cold! You want to talk cold try Montreal in January!! They sell special Arctic Jackets in that city!

I guess we all use the mute now. My DH goes to bed before me and even though I have the sound low, I have to make sure I mute in time so the commercials don't blast him. You are right. This is a newish thing.

Rosie said...

I notice that too. I'm forever trying to scavenger for my remote to turn down the channel. I even notice that some channels are louder than others. Go figure.

Try to stay warm, chica. I didn't realize it was going to get that cool there so soon. I'd give anything to be able to wear sweats and sweaters a lot. Here it's open window weather finally. I thought the 100+ days would never end.

Leiha said...

I whine about the cold so what happens, it gets hot and muggy, LOL. I definitely need someone to snuggle with now that I'm getting a bed!

Fall used to be my favorite season Bo, until I learned the beauty of no seasons, LOL. Thanks for letting me know I could pull off that line BO!

Reny, I always knew I would never survive the winter where you live.

Chez, we could never be roommates, LOL. While I don't like hot eather per se, I do get cold really easily. I carry a lightweight jacket during the summer everywhere I go.

Rosie, I met some people who are moving to Vegas and I had to warn them about the weather, I don't know how you do it.

Anonymous said...

not 1005 sure but what I heard is that commercials are not louder (that's illegal) but they are sound mixed differently so they seem louder. Not sure exactly how it works, but there it is.