We're baaaaack!

Did you miss us? OK, we were back yesterday but I had a lot of work to catch up on and I was just tired by the end of the night even though Lina did all of the driving. I swear, being a passenger and napping the whole way home is exhausting!

On the way up it was a rainy and cold drive. Perfect sleeping weather, which is what I did, LOL. I did relieve Lina for an hour. Then we pulled over to the playboy leather store that we found last summer. Apparently the department of transportation is closing them down because they're widening the exit lane (why, I don't know) so the playboy leather was 75% off. I must admit I went a little crazy. I bought 4 more leather skirts and I haven't even worn the one I bought last summer, LOL. Lina says I'm one of those people who will go poor saving money when I exclaimed I had to get them for 75% off! Come on, they were priced great before the sale. So now I have a suede skirt, one with pink piping, one with white, one with zippers, you get the idea, LOL. The rest of the trip was uneventful. We did stop and eat at a Sonic. I just had to say that to rub it in to Nancy who loves their drinks. We were even there during happy hour but I didn't order a drink, saved my calories for the tater tots.

We didn't make it to Dicks on Sat night. So no dicks for me, I know, how sad, LOL. We had heard that they had new management and went downhill and so I stayed in to spend time with the big D. OK, she's the little D since she's so tiny. She had just made banana nut muffins and they were so tasty. A perfect midnight snack.

Sunday was a lazy day. While Dao was working Lina and I watched Hairspray. I don't know why I took so long to watch this movie. I love musicals. I guess it's just because I didn't know anything about it. I loved this movie and I thought all of the actors were great but especially James Marsden. I always thought he was cute but he was positively dreamy in this movie and it makes me want to see 27 Dresses even more. Once Dao came home we went to eat and then once we got back to the crib we all took a nap. Wow, what a great weekend getaway, LOL.

Once we got moving it was time to get ready and head out to the game. Dao couldn't go with us since she works on weekends and is pooped by the time Sunday night rolls around. The arena was packed so we decided to do our souvenir shopping later. Since I thought the game would be more fun with a buzz I made my grey goose and tonic a double (as well as the other 2 I ordered, LOL). I also had a pretzel and a chili cheese hot dog. Lina was on a hockey high and didn't notice what I was eating. Plus, I made sure she had her Guinness. When we got into the car Lina realized she had forgotten her camera batteries in D's but no worries, I have my camera. First picture she takes and the batter light comes on, wah wah wahhhhhh. Since the game had just started and Lina is a die-hard hockey fan and this was the All Star game off I went in search of batteries. Can you believe the souvenir shop doesn't sell double AA's? Then they wouldn't let me out to go look in the CNN center which is connected to the arena so I went to the Guinness stand to buy Lina a drink as a consolation prize. While there I was lamenting the fact that there were no batteries to be found one of the guys working the stand offered to go get batteries. How awesome was that? My whining paid off! Of course he got a hell of a tip but it was worth it so Lina could have some memories and here are a few.

I know you're sad to not see pictures of me but I didn't like my pictures and you all know how vain I am, LOL.

I have to say the game flew by. I am ready to go to a real game for the bloodlust. Afterwards we went to a Mexican restaurant and when we got back to D's place I literally passed out. I didn't feel drunk but I was sawing logs (like a trucker) 5 minutes after we got home. Thank goodness Lina can sleep through anything, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

Leather.Sale.Life is good *G* I support your shopping rampage there completely,that is waaaay too good a deal to pass up,esp. considering the prices were great to begin with.

Richard has a saying-'When is a sale not a sale? When we don't have any money!' Kind of strange,I know,but he says that whenever I show him something I bought and proudly exclaim 'I got it on sale,too!' Naysayers,pffft. *G*

I must say,I am surprised Lina let you stop at Sonic.I think I remember her appalled reaction when you blogged about eating there once,LOL.Lina's hockey high must have started when you got in the car *G*

If I'm flipping through channels & see a hockey fight going on I'll watch for a second,the bloodlust,yep,LOL.

Sounds like you both had a fun time,you were missed :)

Rosie said...

Wow, there is no way you could pass up 75% off. That's too good of a deal, chick! I love the quote that Lina was on a hockey high and didn't notice your eating. LMAO. That was great. I love Sonic, especially their drinks. Mmm, I just ate breakfast and now I'm hungry again.

The pics are cool, but true not the same without you in them! I'm going to have to try and print the two game pics for Vito. He'll get a charge out of that.

Glad you guys had a safe and fun road trip. So, where to next?

Hugs,
Ro

Anonymous said...

Very exciting about the leather skirt purchases--would have loved to see pix of your skirts and wow, what a deal! Too bad their closing the store tho.

I'm a big hockey fan too, Lina--well MN and all...happy you got to go to the game, but I'm bummed no Leiha pix. :o((

Speaking of Sonic---Minnesota is getting their first 3 Sonics this coming summer and one of them is in my area! Now, I know, I know--what a silly thing to get so excited about, but their nat'l commercials drive me crazy!! Their slushes/drink combos look fantastic and I'm dying for that Cherry/Lime deal I see on TV--so yeah, that's just what I need, another high cal fast food joint--but hey, those drinks look phenomenal.

Love yas!

Gennita said...

Glad you both got home safely ;). Too bad you missed some excellent car drivers (Franchitti, yum) at the Rolex 24 that was this weekend....

Leiha said...

Bo, I knew I would have your support, LOL. You so know I wasn't leaving there empty handed.

Lina was definitely on a hockey induced high and who am I to not take advantage of that?

Thanks for missing me Bo:)

Rosie, I will definitely have to take pics soon. I know my mannions miss seeing my smiling face, or rather new pics of my smiling face, LOL. Orlando is next up next week but we do want to go to Miami sometime in the future. There's a restaurant we want to go to, LOL.

Christy, it's awful that they show you sonic commercials without having one nearby so you should definitely be excited. I know Nancy's favorite thing is the drinks and between 2 and 4 their drinks are half off. Hello? You have to go, LOL.

LOL, we're so clueless when it comes to races around here. I do know when the Daytona 500 is though, does that count?